Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-17-2016, 05:19 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Emergency Exit Windows and Screens

I just noticed the emergency exit window in the rear bathroom (Cornerstone 45A, but it should be pretty standard along the Entegra line) has a screen in it so it can be used for ventilation when needed. But, our bedroom emergency exit window (vanity side) did not come with a screen. Did the factory just forgot to include this screen for the bedroom or is there not supposed to be one. Having a screen in this window would do wonders in helping to cool the coach in mild temperatures.

Before I call Entegra and ask for my bedroom screen I was wondering if others have screens in all of their emergency exit windows or are they like me, one in the bathroom and none in the bedroom?

Thanks in advance...
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2016, 05:30 PM   #2

Exact same with our 44A when we took delivery in Nov. I asked our delivery tech to get one for us as obviuosly it was forgotten. WRONG !
He explained ( and I thought it was BS ) that he was told when he called that Entegra intentionally left it off for safety reasons. So I called and explained that the rear bath window and vanity bedroom window were exactly the same and both designated escape windows but no matter who I talked with the official response was left off vanity for safety egress purposes BUT I could order one from parts which I did ! $23 if I recall.

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 08:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhomeguy View Post
I just noticed the emergency exit window in the rear bathroom (Cornerstone 45A, but it should be pretty standard along the Entegra line) has a screen in it so it can be used for ventilation when needed. But, our bedroom emergency exit window (vanity side) did not come with a screen. Did the factory just forgot to include this screen for the bedroom or is there not supposed to be one. Having a screen in this window would do wonders in helping to cool the coach in mild temperatures.

Before I call Entegra and ask for my bedroom screen I was wondering if others have screens in all of their emergency exit windows or are they like me, one in the bathroom and none in the bedroom?

Thanks in advance...
They sent me one for my 44B and it will not fit in the hole because of the wood side trim, It is different than the other windows since it is a single pane of glass, others are two. They don't even want it back.
fire chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 09:13 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
They must have screwed up on my 44B.... the bedroom vanity emergency exit window does have a screen!
2004 Jeep Liberty Limited - FMCA #343990
BHutting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 05:20 AM   #5

Our 16 44B Anthem does not have a screen above the vanity. I was told window was for exit only. It does open different than the others and maybe if opened too far it will drop to the ground and break thus no screen. If there is a fire I don't care if it breaks. As I recall, l the left window over the dining table does not have a screen either for the same reason.
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 05:46 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy10 View Post
Our 16 44B Anthem does not have a screen above the vanity. I was told window was for exit only. It does open different than the others and maybe if opened too far it will drop to the ground and break thus no screen. If there is a fire I don't care if it breaks. As I recall, l the left window over the dining table does not have a screen either for the same reason.
I remember someone posting that they were checking how the emergency window opened and it did fall to the ground and broke......brand new coach too.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 06:04 AM   #7

Not every floor plan has the exact same windows in all areas nor do all floor plans have emergency windows in the same areas. The 44A vs 45B in the rear bath/bedroom vanity are different as during our delivery an early 45A on the lot had screens on both and the tech took the vanity screen out to put on ours BUT it didn't fit, close but not the same.

Our bedroom vanity and rear bath windows are our escape windows ( none up front ) and ARE hinged at the top with slide handles to open with stoppers and can be opened for fresh air. I sincerely hope none of us ever have to escape through them as it doesn't look easy. Some escape windows are ONLY designed for one time emergency use but I have no idea what if any Entegra's may utilize those windows.

Motorhomeguy: I am certain you can install a screen if you want, we did !

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 06:14 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for the input guys, will check with Entegra this morning with fingers crossed...
Old 05-18-2016, 07:23 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I remember someone posting that they were checking how the emergency window opened and it did fall to the ground and broke......brand new coach too.
Dang Chuck……it's bad enough that my wife remembers ever screw up I ever had without you dragging up my past! And yes, if you open the window very far (about 45 degrees or so) it will fall to the ground and bang the side of the coach on the way down so I leave it closed now. In my defense we are now on our 3rd MH and that's the only thing I ever broke…………..
Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
jb4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 08:36 AM   #10

In our operators manual it shows an illustration and gives instructions on how to remove the screen if you need to use the emergency exit.

Our 44A did not have screens on either egress window.

We happened to be at the plant, so we asked about screens.

We found out that those Windows come from the manufacturer with screens and the plant actually remove them during assembly, so there is a stack of them at the plant.

We now have screens.
weirba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 05:29 AM   #11

On our 2016 Anthem there was not a screen in the window over the bedroom vanity but we were promised that we would get one but when it came it was too small for the window. While we were at Spring Fest in Elkhart we told Mike the service manager this and he got us one that fits, makes a world of difference in keeping fresh air in the coach.We were told by the factory service dept. that they were not allowed to put a screen in that window as it was an Egress window but I can't seem to think the screen would stop anyone from getting out if they need to.
hpykmpr47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 01:43 PM   #12

read your post on your rear emergency window falling out. i need to remove mine to get it repaired. Cloudy. Was wondering if that is all i have to do, is open it to 45 degrees or more? does it go back in pretty easy?

thank you for your help,

rich
Old 12-10-2021, 01:56 PM   #13

Our 2021 Anthem has screens on all windows.
RandyRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 03:20 PM   #14

Our 2020 W floor plan, which is a mirror of the A floor plan, has a screen on every window including the bedroom vanity.
J Gunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scr, window