Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2018, 07:14 PM   #1

Engine Preheat

The engine preheat isn’t working on my 14 Anthem. Light on Aqua Hot panel is green, which I assume is indicating an ok pump. Any ideas where to look next.?
Thanks, GrAndy
SAS30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2018, 08:34 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
SAS30,
Do know if the two coolant valves are open at the engine?
This system works the other way as it will heat your hot water when on the road. So do you have hot water after a day of travel. If you don't your valves are probably closed.
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 08:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasman 2 View Post
SAS30,
Do know if the two coolant valves are open at the engine?
This system works the other way as it will heat your hot water when on the road. So do you have hot water after a day of travel. If you don't your valves are probably closed.
It was working. I didn’t notice that the engine heat was no longer working until after a visit to both Spartan and Entegra summer of 2017. It’s possible someone at either place could have closed the valves. Will look and see if I can locate said valves.
Thanks
Old 12-09-2018, 11:10 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Fyi...I actually had pump #2 replaced that showed green on the panel, but was not pumping. The pump was vibrating, but fluid was not flowing through the pump. I thought it was the check valve, but it was the pump. After the simple pump replacement, all was well.
Jim
Fattman-Litlboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 06:07 AM   #5

Concerning the engine producing heat while driving, does the switch for preheat have to be switched on or does it just automatically happen? Thanks
Old 12-10-2018, 06:21 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorrick View Post
Concerning the engine producing heat while driving, does the switch for preheat have to be switched on or does it just automatically happen? Thanks
It just automatically happens. Preheat opens the valve (turns motor on) to pre heat the engine only. A label needs to be added to that switch, "engine only", that question comes up a lot..
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 06:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorrick View Post
NO, As a matter of fact, I was told by PJ at one of the factory training sessions that depending on how the hoses are attached at the engine, if you turn the engine preheat on with engine running the flow from the engine could be working against the Aqua Hot pump.

It is my understanding that the HOT engine coolant is pumped through a loop in the Aqua Hot by the engine water pump when running.
I have heard others state “there is a dedicated electric pump on the engine that does this also”. If anyone on here knows whether or not this is true, please chime in.
GrAndy
Old 12-10-2018, 07:05 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS30 View Post
NO, As a matter of fact, I was told by PJ at one of the factory training sessions that depending on how the hoses are attached at the engine, if you turn the engine preheat on with engine running the flow from the engine could be working against the Aqua Hot pump.

It is my understanding that the HOT engine coolant is pumped through a loop in the Aqua Hot by the engine water pump when running.
I have heard others state “there is a dedicated electric pump on the engine that does this also”. If anyone on here knows whether or not this is true, please chime in.
GrAndy
I believe the only pump that circulates coolant for coach heat is the engine water pump...
You not only do not need the preheat switch on... you don't need a preheat sw.
Those not equipped w preheat option (& sw) still provide coach heat while running.
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 07:32 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
The engine preheat pump is on the back side of the Aqua Hot. The carpeted panel on the P/S of the Aqua Hot has to be removed to access it.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine, heat