Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2012, 01:09 PM   #1

Entegra anthem 44dlq 2013 air bag problem

I have a new 2013 anthem Mfg. date about April of 2012. The front air bags are not holding up over night. It also has the new 315 tires on it.
my last RV was on a Freightliner and the front bags would stay up for weeks. God forbid you don't have the tires stright when you stop for the night, you will have thousands of $ in problems in the morrning. A repair shop in Orlando is working with Spartan to see what can be done to fix it. When I checked on it the AM they told me they were working on another Anthem with low air in the bags problem also. My question for the Forum is has anyone else had this problem? If so what was done to fix it?
please respond to my e-mail ewilliams@spisafety.com
Thank you Ed W

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2012, 02:53 PM   #2

Yes, this has been a problem for the Anthem only it seems. A few things can account for this, one, the IFS front end tens to have the coach sit very low for it's "rest mode" I've seen American Coach carry this same trait over the years and now that Entegra installed these massive 315 tires for the front, it is now more important than ever to make sure your aired up before you take off.

Spartan and Entegra both are looking for a fix. I know the fastest way to raise the front end now is to turn on the leveling jacks then hit the "retract all" button. For some reason this "bypasses" the process and raises the front end fast. Not doing this seems to take forever to get that front end up.

Just looking at the gages and not seeing for yourself the clearance of the front well for your tires, might cost you $$Thousands in tire replacement.

Old 06-19-2012, 03:22 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ED W View Post
I have a new 2013 anthem Mfg. date about April of 2012. The front air bags are not holding up over night. It also has the new 315 tires on it.
my last RV was on a Freightliner and the front bags would stay up for weeks. God forbid you don't have the tires stright when you stop for the night, you will have thousands of $ in problems in the morrning. A repair shop in Orlando is working with Spartan to see what can be done to fix it. When I checked on it the AM they told me they were working on another Anthem with low air in the bags problem also. My question for the Forum is has anyone else had this problem? If so what was done to fix it?
Thank you Ed W
If I reply to your email, are you going to try and sell me items from your website like sunglasses and energy drinks?
EnolaEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:11 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have had and continue to have the same problem with my coach, in fact, it is at Fleetwood right now. The first time was a bad ride height valve that simply would not let the coach air up all the way then lost air if it did. Second was a bunch (not sure how many but more than two) connectors on the drive and tag were plastic "clip fits" that had gone bad. They replaced these with plain old threaded brass ones and it fixed it. It just started doing it again and Spartan is at it as we speak. By the way Spartan is very comfortable with complete air loss (suspension only) over a two day period, or so they claim. I'll keep you posted if you wish.
Coached is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnolaEagle View Post
If I reply to your email, are you going to try and sell me items from your website like sunglasses and energy drinks?
This is why Jayco and Entegra should NOT be combined together.
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:05 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullheaded
This is why Jayco and Entegra should NOT be combined together.
Sorry for crashing your all worthy motorhome thread
EnolaEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:48 PM   #7

I posted the same thing a few months ago. The overnight deflation did not happen the first few months of ownership, but suddenly last summer it started happening, and remains that way. We brought it to our repair shop two months ago who checked for leaks, and found nothing. Don Brubaker at Entagra said they would have someone check it out if we brought it the the factory. I guess that is what it is going to take.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:39 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ED W View Post
Thank you Ed W
Have you or anybody else that has used your restroom scratched there back on the window surrounds? Little tight and the surround sticks out pretty far and we're not big people.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:39 PM   #9

Just got coach back from shop; they resolved the airbag deflation issue. The leak was located where a couple of connections tie into a valve. Mine was located next to the gen on the driver side...you'll see a white hose (the air horn hose). They were able to solve the major leak but a small leak (bags begin to deflate on day 2) is still there and they'll fix that upon our return. Didn't appear to be a huge effort to fix it. Hope this helps.