Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-11-2014, 08:49 AM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBlue View Post
You hear many opinions from non-Comfort Drive owners as to the value added versus cost, but there is one thing for sure, drive a CD coach a 1,000 miles and you will never buy another without it.
+1 to that ...

Steve
FLSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-11-2014, 08:50 AM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batten54 View Post
What about the chassis? Does Freightliner vs. Spartan etc. make any difference?
Oh brother.. this is going to be a 50,000 post answer.. LOL Comparing the 2 chassis is umm.. Yeah.. well you will get an opinion either way depending on the scull thickness of the poster and what they own..
Mario-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:11 PM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
What about the chassis? Does Freightliner vs. Spartan etc. make any difference?
That's like which is better, Chevy or Ford? DRIVE them both and then decide.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:54 PM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario-John View Post
Oh brother.. this is going to be a 50,000 post answer.. LOL Comparing the 2 chassis is umm.. Yeah.. well you will get an opinion either way depending on the scull thickness of the poster and what they own..
It is a fair question for someone that doesn't have any real experience.

That being said...

Beyond the issues of tag vs non-tag it is worth mentioning differences between independent front suspension (IFS) and non-IFS. There is probably a more distinct difference between that than chassis manufacturers with similar suspension. I am certain there are Aspire vs Anthem/Cornerstone folks that might comment on that.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:21 PM   #33

Mr Mechanica - you should drive both coaches to see which you like the driving on best. Buy that one. We looked at both Entegra and Newmar coaches today at the FMCA rally down in Indio. Both very nice.

I am not really in the market for a new coach. My point here is KISS. If you don't need a software driven electronic add on to your steering don't get it. It is several thousand dollars and something else to break. This is my 50th year of driving cars and RVs. To me the best steering has always been and will always be the one that gives you the best feel of the road unfiltered by electronics. If the electronic aid called Comfort Drive was so great all the makers would offer it as an option.

Take the Newmar and Entegra out both without Comfort Drive. Which handles best? Then try a Newmar with Comfort D. I personally would want the coach that handled the best without add ons.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:25 PM   #34

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
It is a fair question for someone that doesn't have any real experience. That being said... Beyond the issues of tag vs non-tag it is worth mentioning differences between independent front suspension (IFS) and non-IFS. There is probably a more distinct difference between that than chassis manufacturers with similar suspension. I am certain there are Aspire vs Anthem/Cornerstone folks that might comment on that.
Thanks Sky Boss...that's what I was getting at. Which is better in the wind...IFS or non-IFS ? I'll have to see which the Palazzo has.
Batten54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 06:11 AM   #35

Newmar Owners Club
I am not going to throw gas on the fire of which chassis/coach drives better but I do have a suggestion. Last year when we shopped coaches it was very nice to have one in mind and test drive it then the very same day drive the competing coach. If you can find a dealership that sells both it works best or go to someplace like Tampa where there is a slew of brands within a few miles.

I don't think it's a fair comparison if you test drive one brand with a tag axle and the other brand without, unless the purpose of your comparison is to decide on a tag. As to IFS the only reasonable way to compare is to drive the same brand with and without IFS. In our case Entegra offered the same chassis with and without IFS to drive, and allthough a difference could be detected (slight) the ride with the tag vs my trade in coach was bigger.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:39 AM   #36

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
I am not going to throw gas on the fire of which chassis/coach drives better but I do have a suggestion. Last year when we shopped coaches it was very nice to have one in mind and test drive it then the very same day drive the competing coach. If you can find a dealership that sells both it works best or go to someplace like Tampa where there is a slew of brands within a few miles.

I don't think it's a fair comparison if you test drive one brand with a tag axle and the other brand without, unless the purpose of your comparison is to decide on a tag. As to IFS the only reasonable way to compare is to drive the same brand with and without IFS. In our case Entegra offered the same chassis with and without IFS to drive, and allthough a difference could be detected (slight) the ride with the tag vs my trade in coach was bigger.
Thanks HogDriver...that's what I wanted to know. I'm convinced now that a tag axel coach is the way to go. With a tag you get 1. More contact with the road. 2. Longer wheelbase in a 40' Newmar, 42' all others (mine is 242"). 3. More weight with the longer coach (I'm 37' and about 25,000 lbs. loaded).

There is an Entegra dealer about two hours away in Carthage MO. And I think he also has Newmar. There is a nice campground beside the dealership that we went to for the first night in the Palazzo. I think sometime in the next couple of months I'll see which models he has and go sped a couple of nights there. That way we can look and drive and look some more without being in a hurry.

Looking at the floorplans I like the 42DEQ. What does yours weigh?
I take it your old one was single rear axel? And the tag made a big difference?
I'm just tired of getting blown all over the road in a wind over 10mph. Although this one is much better than our old coach. An 07 Georgetown 315 w/F53 Chassis and V10. It weighed in all of 16,000 lbs. fully loaded.
Batten54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:42 AM   #37

2015 Cornerstone Changes

Just sat down with Robin (Diesel Manager) from RVOne and he went over all the new changes for the 2015 Cornerstone with me. Entegra Coach's goal is to "upgrade" the CS from the Anthem. I think this is a great move..

Interior Changes

Interior Decors
1. New- Stanford interior (removing Manhattan)

Cabinetry
1. Now have a 3rd option on Natural Cherry (much lighter than the other two woods) Great Move!!

12x24 tile floors
Upgrade on carpet
Bolder EC logo inlay at the entry tile
Premium Quartz countertops (light earth tones instead of the black granite)
Added LED accents thru-out
Oil rubbed bronze cabinet pulls
Elegant premium leather residential furniture
Upgraded Driver/Pass seats (ergonomically)
Five kitchen overhead pull out racks
Wood ceiling vent fan shrouds
LED reading lights above sofa and bed
110V/USB outlet at kitchen counter
High end faucets
Residential plumbing fixtures in bathroom
Frameless glass shower door (very Prevost like)

Individual operation of day/night shades. Yea!
Custom shoe storage in bedroom wardrobe

Energy efficient Induction Cooktop

Cockpit
JBL symphonic dash radio
Auto genstart w/Shore power relay
Red engine brake switch
USB port connection

Exterior Changes
Paint Schemes
1. Premium: Cayenne, Champagne, Electric Blue, Fire Red, Sunlit and Topaz
(have not seen any of these)
2. Gone: Molten Metal, Golden Spld, Op Black Cherry, Op Silver Eclipse

LED Lighted Awning also on Driver's side (cool)
LED lights underside curbside slide-out rooms
Industry first motion sensor security light surrounding coach
LED storage compartment lights
LED back-up lights
10" SS Trim package
Heavier windshield arms with larger sweep area
60MM Bilstein front shocks

Standard
Ceiling fan in bedroom

New Options
Canadian satellite (Shaw)
100" sofa with two ottomans for B floor-plan only

Gone
Desk, Euro chairs, Booth Dinette

Floor-plans

45J, 45K, 45B

Order's and now being taken for the 2015 models
rvbmw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:34 AM   #38

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks HogDriver...that's what I wanted to know. I'm convinced now that a tag axel coach is the way to go. With a tag you get 1. More contact with the road. 2. Longer wheelbase in a 40' Newmar, 42' all others (mine is 242"). 3. More weight with the longer coach (I'm 37' and about 25,000 lbs. loaded).

There is an Entegra dealer about two hours away in Carthage MO. And I think he also has Newmar. There is a nice campground beside the dealership that we went to for the first night in the Palazzo. I think sometime in the next couple of months I'll see which models he has and go sped a couple of nights there. That way we can look and drive and look some more without being in a hurry.

Looking at the floorplans I like the 42DEQ. What does yours weigh?
.........My 42 Aspire DEQ weighs 35,850
I take it your old one was single rear axel? And the tag made a big difference?
.........My old 40 ft Monaco Diplomat weighed about 28,000 if I recall. It was not a tag axle. The tag is much more resistant to crosswinds.
I'm just tired of getting blown all over the road in a wind over 10mph. Although this one is much better than our old coach. An 07 Georgetown 315 w/F53 Chassis and V10. It weighed in all of 16,000 lbs. fully loaded.
We bought an RV from Coachlight about 20 yrs ago. Take a test drive out on I-40 and let those rough Missouri roads determine which you like. I think the Comfort Drive is nice, and I would buy it if it came on all coaches, but I wouldn't let that one thing determine what I buy.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar