Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-21-2013, 09:57 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Don't know what you mean. The VIN is the key to building your access to the app. You won't find anything in the owners black carryall. The VIN is on the yellow sticker behind your seat and on your screen door (as well as your registration for your tag/title).

Have the number handy and call Joyce.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-22-2013, 06:48 PM   #16

yep that's the one I put in even double checked it with the tag on the rail under the coach in the slide out bay it right on that rail
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:13 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Does anyone know how to download and save the manual PDFs? I don't know how to save to to my iPad.
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:28 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
DW doesn't think you can save from the Entegra app to the IPad. You are viewing a PDF within the Entegra app. We don't see any place that gives you the option (a pull down or a screen object). She'll continue to look; just doesn't think it is there. She's my expert and pretty knowledgable with the IPad.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:32 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
My iPad is wifi only. It would be great if we could save the manuals for reference without being on line.

Are you watching Entegra?
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 08:19 PM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post
Does anyone know how to download and save the manual PDFs? I don't know how to save to to my iPad.
Yes, go to the App Store and download a PDF app. Some are free, others you pay a small amount for. I use GoodReader but there are many others. Then you save the manuals or any other PDF in the app.
TerryO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 09:10 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryO View Post
Yes, go to the App Store and download a PDF app. Some are free, others you pay a small amount for. I use GoodReader but there are many others. Then you save the manuals or any other PDF in the app.
TerryO, I'm glad you figured out how to do it. Would you please share? If I have the manual open in the Entegra APP, what do I do to save it? I have lots of other PDFs saved on my iPad, they show up in my iBooks APP., but haven't been able to get the Entegra manuals saved down. Please provide as much detail as you can.
Old 12-22-2013, 09:39 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BethLL View Post
TerryO, I'm glad you figured out how to do it. Would you please share? If I have the manual open in the Entegra APP, what do I do to save it? I have lots of other PDFs saved on my iPad, they show up in my iBooks APP., but haven't been able to get the Entegra manuals saved down. Please provide as much detail as you can.
Augh, I see that you can't open these like a normal PDF. Must be protected in their system. I didn't try saving them before because I saved mine off the CD that came in my Black Bag.
TerryO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:31 AM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
I can pretty much do anything with .pdf files, but not these files locked into the Entegra App.

Hey Entegra, I'd sure like to be able to download these files into another application like Goodreader or iBooks using the "open in iBooks.." function. This way if your app changes or you decide not to publish older manuals in the app I would still have them. Especially the system manuals. As you update your coaches will you still publish older system documents on the website?
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:37 AM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Dumb question but can you email to yourself and save from there?
sswilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:46 AM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Entegra app

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Dumb question but can you email to yourself and save from there?
Not a dumb question but it's hard to explain. Entegra built this pretty good iPad app to do several things. One of which is to view manuals of the various coaches and or systems like "Air conditioning". The problem with the app is it opens a .pdf file in a window and you can't print, email, or download the file. I'm sure somebody is worried about propreitary information but that seems odd since almost every other manufacturer has them in the open in their Customer Support area. Entegra is a great company but a little behind the others about web savy.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 01:34 PM   #26

This App has the .pdf file pretty locked down. The only thing I've been able to do with this file is copy (set the define area) and paste into an email or note on my iPad.

If you put it into a note on your iPad and your iPad is linked to your mac book, it will show up in your notes. From there, you could put into word or pages and file it for those times you don't have internet available but you need the information at your fingertips.

I wonder if Entegra will email them out of post on their site?
Finally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 01:35 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
Not a dumb question but it's hard to explain. Entegra built this pretty good iPad app to do several things. One of which is to view manuals of the various coaches and or systems like "Air conditioning". The problem with the app is it opens a .pdf file in a window and you can't print, email, or download the file. I'm sure somebody is worried about propreitary information but that seems odd since almost every other manufacturer has them in the open in their Customer Support area. Entegra is a great company but a little behind the others about web savy.
Before the Entegra app came along, Joyce emailed me a regular .pdf of our manual. Wish they had done a full one which would enable me to go to the table of contents, click on a chapter or sub chapter hotlink and jump right to the appropriate section instead of having to page through or search for a particular page.
Aussies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 03:43 PM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
I have enjoyed this post. Not having an i-anything I won't get any of the manuals from the app. Owning a 2002 TS they didn't even have owners manuals, so I guess I don't feel cheated Everything about the older TS's we learned from the forums and hopefully someone had some knowledge about the subject. Times have changed and I have to say for the better. It is nice that the Entegra's have owners manuals.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote