Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2012, 06:46 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvguy02 View Post
Mark, make sure to try the donuts to the east of Middlebury on route 20. I can't remember the name of it, but it's on the north side about 2-3 miles out of town. Nice Amish staff with great fresh donuts! Please note - do not go if you are on a diet!
That's Rise 'n Roll bakery. I know the way well. Their garlic pickles and mild banana peppers are also good. A guy sure won't starve in this neck of the woods.

2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2012, 11:39 PM   #16

Mark,

We looked at the RED from Tiffin, wife rejected it due to the lack of a King Bed. The Phaeton we shied away from after reading some concerns about the roof. Also had some concerns about axle load and Horsepower.
Charleston offers a 43' Tag with bunks as does Fleetwood. I think there is a market for a relatively high end coach with bunks. Admittedly, I am not an RV marketing guy, I am however, frustrated with my choices in a DP Bunkhouse.

Old 09-22-2012, 12:09 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer

That's Rise 'n Roll bakery. I know the way well. Their garlic pickles and mild banana peppers are also good. A guy sure won't starve in this neck of the woods.
That's the place! They make great sandwiches too! I'll have to try those pickles.
rvguy02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:26 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by monroesilk View Post
Mark,

We looked at the RED from Tiffin, wife rejected it due to the lack of a King Bed. The Phaeton we shied away from after reading some concerns about the roof. Also had some concerns about axle load and Horsepower.
Charleston offers a 43' Tag with bunks as does Fleetwood. I think there is a market for a relatively high end coach with bunks. Admittedly, I am not an RV marketing guy, I am however, frustrated with my choices in a DP Bunkhouse.
We had looked at the Charleston Bunk House when we toured the Forest River factory in Elkhart. We already own a Forest River product and have found it to be relatively problem free. Nothing major for issues with ours. That being said, we noted that the Charleston is very nice. It appears to be well constructed and very functional. If you are waiting for a but, there is one. Charleston uses two 15k A/C units instead of the three that most 40 foot + rigs would have. I think, based on our experiences with our Berkshire, that the Charleston does not have enough cooling power for extremely hot days. Just my opinion, but we can't keep a 40' rig cool with two 13.5k units and I don't think two 15k's are enough.

Other than the A/C issue we were impressed with the Charleston. The other odd side of the Charleston is that no one seems to have any. They are more rare than finding an Entegra on a dealer's lot.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:53 AM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by monroesilk View Post
Mark,

I recently did an article on a Jayco Seneca bunkhouse plan. The Seneca isn't a DP. It's a Super C, built on a Freightliner M2 chassis and it's just under 40' in length. However, I was impressed by the layout. There was more interior and basement storage than many class As and it now has air-ride rear suspension. It's not a pusher but for anyone looking for a roomy coach capable of sleeping 8 (two in the bunk beds, two in the king bed, two in the queen sized front overhead, and two in the full sized couch/bed, its a great choice.

If you want a class A tag axle and bunk beds, it can be done. When I did an article at American Coach I saw a 42' Revolution where the owner had a ton of custom work done. He actually had the rear wardrobe converterd into bunk beds. Fleetwood did some neat custom work to make this happen, including adding two extra windows in the now-bunkbed area. The key is that Fleetwood will do custom mods to the American Coach, as long as you are willing to pay for them. Most manufacturers won't do that so if you see a floorplan with potential and are willing to pay for it, they will do it. And it was a very professional job, too.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:08 AM   #20

Middleberry

Mark, we'll be at the factory for a few more days. The name of the bakery is Rise & Roll--um,um! Our number is 731-845-4421. Noel & Lois
Old 09-28-2012, 05:28 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
We saw the Aspire 44U today during the factory tour with Ted and while we are looking for a bath and a half model we did not like this model. The folding portable table which stored in a cabinet on the DS seemed cheap and out of place for a coach of this level. It seemed too much in the living area was being sacrificed for the extra space in the rest of the coach. Other than the table issue it was a nice layout.

For us so far it seems like the 42RBQ fits the bill. Hmmm, I wonder what they have planned for 2014, time will tell?

Don
Old 11-26-2012, 01:54 PM   #22

Rumor has it that Entegra is showcasing the Aspire 44u at the Louisville RV show this week. I'll be interested to see how it looks and what it has to offer.

Ed
Old 11-26-2012, 02:08 PM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

It looks like this:

Note that this is a quad slide coach but it gives you the look of a full wall slide. Rather than run the galley plumbing into a large side cabinet Entegra was able to use their wooden floor design to drop the plumbing down through the floor, allowing the slideout to move in and out while retaining a very small wall pillar between the two slides. The dinette table wings collapse and it rolls into a cabinet for storage.

The driver side shows the L shaped couch and you can also see the dinette table that I partially inserted into it's storage cabinet for this photo. With the table stowed away, you have two opposing couches, which make it great for entertaining.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:25 PM   #24

Mark,

Do you know if the production model stayed with the prototype pics that you posted? I like the open feel of this unit and the stowaway table is unique. I assume that one of the couches is a hide a bed, but which one?

Also were they going to debut any other models at the show? This could be a really interesting swing for them to add these rather unique designs.

Ed
Old 11-26-2012, 02:31 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

I don't know of any other models. Much is in the works but I doubt if they will be ready yet.

That design should be locked in. They had a nice galley area and a large storage pantry curbside mid-ship that was about the size of a stackable washer-drier setup, although that was in the back of the coach. I would assume the 96" L shaped couch is the bed. By the way, the dinette was very comfortable, more so than the L shaped couch.

Here's the floorplan:

Old 11-26-2012, 02:35 PM   #26

If the L shaped couch is the bed, then that would explain the lack of comfort on that couch. Most hide a beds are not really comfortable for sitting as the hard frame is not far from the person's posterior. It is a very nice looking unit and it seems like it gives you the functionality of a full wall slide without the potential structural issues.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:46 PM   #27
Moderator Emeritus

The L shaped couch in the Anthem is a bit better, but that's a Villa versus a Flexsteel in the Aspire. but Leann and I haven't particularly cared for any of the L shaped couches. As you mentioned, they are a bit stiff. Plus it seems like you are leanning forward on them compared to other couches. You also don't really gain anything with the expandable portion because it takes away that last spot. The only benefit is that you can face backwards to watch the TV, assuming you find it comfortable enough. I would not want one in our coach.

You are right about the full wall functionality without sacrificing strength. That's a big plus.

I'll also mention that it''s very roomy and easy to walk through when all the slides are retracted. That's a plus for those noon hour lunch stops at rest areas or overnighters at truck stops or other areas where you can't deploy your slideouts. If you can live without a dedicated dinette this is a great layout.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:10 PM   #28

Mark, I'm trying to get a gauge on how large the "sleeping part" of the L shaped couch is. Are those 16" tile or 12" tile? It would appear that the couch could only be about five feet wide which would be kind of snuggly for two adults.