Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2012, 07:54 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Entegra: Aspire 44U

Ive been through the latest Entegra floorplan today. It's the Aspire 44U and I will be doing an article in FMCA Magazine on this unit. The 44U is Entegra's next step in improving their floorplan selection. It's a 45' floorplan on the same basic 450 HP Spartan chassis as the other Aspires. When driving it I found that it performed just as well as a 42' Aspire so the extra length is not a concern as far as power is concerned.

The 44U is a bath and a half floorplan. Bath and a half floorplans really do create some serious compromises in the mid coach area. Ther's only so many feet in a coach and if you want to create a huge rear bath plus a smaller mid-bath you have to give up space in the areas where you spend the majority of your time. I never really understood the sense of that but bath and a half floor plans are popular so I can see why they are offered. But, for what it's worth, this is one rear bath plan that we could live with. Entegra did a great job of configuring the floorplan to minimize these differences. I'm sure that part of this was the increased length of an extra 2'. I doubt if this level of functionality could be achieved in a 42 series floorplan.

Check out the following photo. Isn't this a great full wall passenger side slide?

Except, it's NOT a full wall slide. It gives the look and function of a full wall slide but the strength and structural integrity of a traditional quad slide floorplan. There's just enough wall between the front and rear slides to offer support for the roof but not the usual bulky cabinetry that's required. A typical galley slides uses flexible drain hose to connect the sink in the slideout to the main wall portion between the two slides so that it can drain. But Entegra's unique wooden floor structure allows them to create this flexibility within the floor, thereby allowing a wall that's just big enough to act as a pillar, offering the look of a full wall slideout.

This floorplan also offers the most storage of any Entegra that I have yet seen. The stackable washer-drier ensemble is found in the rear bath, next to the wardrobe. Mid-ship is a storage area about the same size as a stackable washer-drier cabinet filled with shelving that makes it easy to access when the slides are retracted during travel mode. In fact, I found it very easy to navigate the aisles and get into cabinetry when the slides were in because they were not hidden by slideout walls.

This coach is set up with a driver side couch and a passenger side contoured couch that also serves as a U-shaped dinette. A portable dinette table folds down and can be wheeled into a storage cabinet next to the fridge. The table can be used with either couch so your dining options are twofold. When not in use the table is stored and you now have two opposing couches for entertaining without requiring someone to be banished to a traditional dining table or booth dinette. This is a unique twist and really offers some flexibility in use between dining and entertaining.

An L shaped extendable couch faces the typical 42" LCD TV in a midship location as well as an overhead front TV. This was the first unveiling to dealers at the dealers-only Elkhart Open House held at the Jayco facility so you won't be seeing these on the lot right away but dealers are aware of it and they will be placing their stock orders soon. Leann and I are both impressed by what they did with this coach. In the future this I'm sure that this floorplan will be the basis for additional furniture configurations for those who want a more traditional dinette or desk/TV setup similar to the 42DEQ. Time will tell what's all planned. Eventually this floorplan will also be ported over to the Anthem.

2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2012, 09:19 PM   #2

WOW! Great Job Mark. Great pictures and the floorplan is interesting. Very nice floorplan but the bath and a half is not one we would consider, we prefer the added space up front, BUT they have done a great job with this one.

Ann n Gene is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:47 PM   #3

So Mark, can I assume that I may be able to get an Aspire that will sleep more than two people comfortably sometime in the future? This one looks like a step in that direction.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:44 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, this one will sleep four. Entegra is working on additional designs too, one that sounds promising will not be a bath and a half so that should have a really great forward interior. Naturally, it takes time for all of this stuff to happen but Entegra is working on them and it shows great promise.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:10 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post
Yes, this one will sleep four. Entegra is working on additional designs too, one that sounds promising will not be a bath and a half so that should have a really great forward interior. Naturally, it takes time for all of this stuff to happen but Entegra is working on them and it shows great promise.
Thanks Mark. I was beginning to be concerned that Entegra was going to leave those of us who travel with kids and/or other adults would be left out in the cold. I was very impressed with the factory when we were there and this really seems to be a company that cares a lot about their customers and their place within the industry. The only hole I saw in their vision was the floor plans that didn't allow for more than two people. This would appear to be the beginning of rectifying that concern.

Ed
Old 09-21-2012, 02:42 PM   #6

Bunkhouse?

Nice floor plan. Looks like a very liveable and functional coach. Like the moveable table, adds some flexibility.

Any chance that Entegra will come out with a bunkhouse? We often travel with our 11 YO son and his brother who is 27 with a wife and child. We need to sleep 6 regularly and maybe up to 8. If Forest River can deliver a 43' Charleston with bunks, why can't Entegra deliver a 44' Anthem bunk house?

We are very impressed with the Entegra line, but really need to sleep more than 4 on a regular basis. I am sure that there are other people in the same situation as we are. Entegra are you listening?
Old 09-21-2012, 03:13 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
I wonder how hard it is to go from a 37 ft bus to a 44? I am a single women and drive a 37ft bus but I am nervous about going up. I really want an Anthem but am unsure about the difficulty in the increased size. Has anyone traded to a bigger bus ?
Thanks
Old 09-21-2012, 03:23 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post

Mark, does one of the couches open up into a hide a bed? It looks like it would be a rather small bed if it is one of the couches.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:25 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaridge View Post
I wonder how hard it is to go from a 37 ft bus to a 44? I am a single women and drive a 37ft bus but I am nervous about going up. I really want an Anthem but am unsure about the difficulty in the increased size. Has anyone traded to a bigger bus ?
Thanks
We went from a 35' gasser to a 40' diesel and the only real difference is the wheelbase. You have to be a little more aware on right turns, but other than that we really haven't felt that it was a major adjustment.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:36 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Nice floor plan. Looks like a very liveable and functional coach. Like the moveable table, adds some flexibility.

Any chance that Entegra will come out with a bunkhouse? We often travel with our 11 YO son and his brother who is 27 with a wife and child. We need to sleep 6 regularly and maybe up to 8. If Forest River can deliver a 43' Charleston with bunks, why can't Entegra deliver a 44' Anthem bunk house?

We are very impressed with the Entegra line, but really need to sleep more than 4 on a regular basis. I am sure that there are other people in the same situation as we are. Entegra are you listening?
Tiffin came out with a 38' RED and then a 40' Phaeton with bunk beds but didn't do that to the tag axle 42' coaches. Their reasoning was that tag axle coaches would cost too much for a family looking for a bunk bed floor plan. Obviously there will be exceptions but I wouldn't expect anyone to jump on that band wagon any time too soon. Especially Entegra, who is getting more orders than they can process at the moment. They are planning a 65,000 sq ft addition, which will almost double their size. That will help them fill orders more quickly but this all takes time. I don't think Entegra ever expected this to take off as fast as it did but the product (and the people behind it) speaks for itself.

Quote:
Mark, does one of the couches open up into a hide a bed? It looks like it would be a rather small bed if it is one of the couches.
Yes, the driver side couch opens up into a full size bed.

Quote:
We started with a 33' gasser, then went to a 40' pusher, then to a 42' pusher. Huge difference in ride and stability and space each time but really not that much in negatives. Rarely is the length ever an issue. We found our biggest constaint is width because of slides on both sides, but you get that with all of those lengths. As mentioned, you turn a little bit later but that becomes second nature real quick.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:00 PM   #11

Factory

Mark, we wish we would have known you were at the factory and we would have looked you up. Noel & Lois
Old 09-21-2012, 05:26 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by loisjop View Post
Mark, we wish we would have known you were at the factory and we would have looked you up. Noel & Lois
Actually, we still are. We have our Allegro Bus parked at the Shipshewana South campground. I have to go to Newmar Monday and Tuesday to do a road test and review of a Mountain Aire for FMCA magazine so we'll be here a bit yet. We run by Middlebury all the time, if nothing else, to get more pies from Essenhaus.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:04 PM   #13

Mark, make sure to try the donuts to the east of Middlebury on route 20. I can't remember the name of it, but it's on the north side about 2-3 miles out of town. Nice Amish staff with great fresh donuts! Please note - do not go if you are on a diet!
rvguy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:22 PM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Cruzer I'm really interested in reading your review of the Mountain Aire. Still a couple of years from trading in our Red. We're narrowing our choices down to the Aspire/ Anthem or a Dutch Star/ Mountain Aire. Thanks for all you do.