Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2015, 11:55 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcp View Post
We have a 2014 Aspire 42 DEQ and have been living in it since September. We downsized from a 3,000' sq. house and don't miss the extra room. For us and our two dogs, this coach is working out very well. The kitchen works as well as the kitchen did in our home. We use the washer and dryer several times each week, very convenient. The propane AquaHot keeps the coach cozy and provides lots of hot water. About the only thing I would change is the size of the black water holding tank. I wish we didn't have to dump it so often.
Thanks for the reply - We're just a little bit tossed on the Aspire, especially fulltiming in one. We want to make sure that it works and what the pitfalls are, if any. We also have a large home and will be selling it prior to hitting the road, so going to a 400sq MH is a big decision and change. Since we cook a lot of our meals its good to hear that the kitchen works. Heat and hot water are import as well as storage.

Did you have a dishwasher at home and if so, do you miss not having one?

-paul
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2015, 12:00 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Paul - if you bump up to an Anthem, it has a dishwasher.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 12:13 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post

Understood, but 40 - 50K for a dishwasher!!! Most likely will go with the Aspire. In my mind, $50K will buy a lot of fuel. And yes, I understand that the Anthem has many more features in it, but the Aspire will work for us.

Now I just got to keep the bride out of the Anthem - otherwise I'll be buying a very expensive dishwater with a MH built around it.

-paul
Old 01-15-2015, 03:08 PM   #18

Wile we do not full time we will have spent over 160+ days is our 2013 Aspire DEQ and about 19,500 miles under our belt in 2014. The only issues have been self inflicted shall we say. We love the coach and most likely will upgrade to a Anthem 44B just for the 1/2 bath. Entegra has been with us all the way and have handled us first timers very well. No issues at all in -7 degree weather in Indiana and - 2 in Pittsburgh. Some have had issues but when you consider the complexity and road related issues it makes you wonder why there aren't more issues. Joyce has been great as well as all those we have dealt with at Entegra and RV One (Orlando - Robin is the best).
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 08:54 PM   #19

Bunks in the Aspire??

We love the Aspire and have been seriously considering the 44U. However, we wish the Aspire had a floor plan with bunks. We have 3 girls- 4, 5 and 7. We want an Entegra for the quality and ride (from all we've read and heard it's a great coach). Does anyone know if Entegra is considering adding bunks to a floor plan in 2016? If so, we'd wait!!
TangoRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 09:25 PM   #20
bcp

We had a dishwasher at home too. After a few weeks living in the coach, we both agreed the dishwasher wasn't missed and the extra storage under the cooktop was more useful.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:33 PM   #21

We don't full-time but we do extended time.No real issues. The kitchen works great for me and the DW. The coach sips the propane when we cook and if we can also use the electric griddle; so the best of both worlds. My wife bakes cakes in convection microwave. No, we don't miss the dishwasher from home as we mainly use paper plates and since out our cups and wine glasses. The washer and dryer work great when traveling and very convenient.

We will be selling our house soon too so we can be mobile. We can't wait.
Finally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 07:22 AM   #22

We've always had a dish washer in our other motor homes and wanted one, Paul at Precision Paint put one in for something like 1400.00. Great job installing and it works great.
Tom and Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 09:26 AM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
Fairly easy to add a dishwasher to an Aspire. We did and use it almost every day. Let me know if you want details (I may have posted about that in the mods thread too).
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 10:02 AM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
We sold the house and have been full timing since 9/2013 and half timing (wintering south) for the three years prior. Don't miss the house at all, or the yard work, snow shoveling or taxes.

Our Aspire is a very comfortable coach, excellent thermal qualities (heat/cool), no complaints. Only beef from DW is lack of a separate microwave and oven sometimes, but the Weber grill (or a nearby restaurant) takes care of most of that. We do love the gas cooktop. For us the 1/2 bath was a must (RBQ).

I don't see the Aspire having many pros/cons vs any other similar coach in regard to full-timing, but I do think there may be some in regard to how you intend to "camp".

For instance the systems on board an all electric coach like an Anthem might be more appropriate to staying in Class A type or commercial resorts with full hookups, whereas if you think you might tend to boondock (no hookups) or find that you prefer state parks for example (which often have no sewer hookup) you would want a coach equipped differently.

We like state parks so for us the Aspire is a good compromise. For example, we don't need to run the genset to cook on the stovetop if there is no electrical hookup or only 30A service. Is the Aspire ideal for boondocking? No, we would want a bigger gray tank (the black tank is adequate for up to 12 days for us, but gray fills up more quickly as we like to shower onboard every day). If we did more boondocking than we do I would also beef up the battery capacity and add a large solar array (I don't consider the solar option Entegra offers suitable for true boondocking).

Having said that, we tend to almost always have at least a 30A electrical connection and our Aspire does just fine as it is. Again, having the propane cooktop when on 30A minimizes running out of electrical capacity.

A downside of propane is the space the tank occupies that could otherwise be storage or more batteries. Another plus is the reduced maintenance required on the Aquahot.

One thing I would say too in regard to selling your house, is to take delivery of the coach a few months before you are likely to move out. This gives you time to work out the bugs on the coach and practice living aboard while you still have the comforts of home nearby. Looking back on it, we are so glad we did it that way.

Good luck with your new lifestyle!
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 05:55 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoRed View Post
We love the Aspire and have been seriously considering the 44U. However, we wish the Aspire had a floor plan with bunks. We have 3 girls- 4, 5 and 7. We want an Entegra for the quality and ride (from all we've read and heard it's a great coach). Does anyone know if Entegra is considering adding bunks to a floor plan in 2016? If so, we'd wait!!
Not to be a jerk, but you really shouldn't hijack other folks threads. If you have a question about an Entegra coach then post it....That simple. And yes, this is the place to do it. You'll get more answers to your question IF you start your own thread with your own title.

-paul
Old 01-17-2015, 05:57 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom and Dee View Post
We've always had a dish washer in our other motor homes and wanted one, Paul at Precision Paint put one in for something like 1400.00. Great job installing and it works great.
Now theres a nice option for us if the bride decided she wanted one. Any chance you could post a pic of the install? Would love to see it.

-paul
Old 01-17-2015, 05:58 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltdoc View Post
Fairly easy to add a dishwasher to an Aspire. We did and use it almost every day. Let me know if you want details (I may have posted about that in the mods thread too).
If it's not too much trouble I'd like to see this.

Thx,
-paul
Old 01-17-2015, 06:06 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltdoc View Post
We sold the house and have been full timing since 9/2013 and half timing (wintering south) for the three years prior. Don't miss the house at all, or the yard work, snow shoveling or taxes.

Our Aspire is a very comfortable coach, excellent thermal qualities (heat/cool), no complaints. Only beef from DW is lack of a separate microwave and oven sometimes, but the Weber grill (or a nearby restaurant) takes care of most of that. We do love the gas cooktop. For us the 1/2 bath was a must (RBQ).

I don't see the Aspire having many pros/cons vs any other similar coach in regard to full-timing, but I do think there may be some in regard to how you intend to "camp".

For instance the systems on board an all electric coach like an Anthem might be more appropriate to staying in Class A type or commercial resorts with full hookups, whereas if you think you might tend to boondock (no hookups) or find that you prefer state parks for example (which often have no sewer hookup) you would want a coach equipped differently.

We like state parks so for us the Aspire is a good compromise. For example, we don't need to run the genset to cook on the stovetop if there is no electrical hookup or only 30A service. Is the Aspire ideal for boondocking? No, we would want a bigger gray tank (the black tank is adequate for up to 12 days for us, but gray fills up more quickly as we like to shower onboard every day). If we did more boondocking than we do I would also beef up the battery capacity and add a large solar array (I don't consider the solar option Entegra offers suitable for true boondocking).

Having said that, we tend to almost always have at least a 30A electrical connection and our Aspire does just fine as it is. Again, having the propane cooktop when on 30A minimizes running out of electrical capacity.

A downside of propane is the space the tank occupies that could otherwise be storage or more batteries. Another plus is the reduced maintenance required on the Aquahot.

One thing I would say too in regard to selling your house, is to take delivery of the coach a few months before you are likely to move out. This gives you time to work out the bugs on the coach and practice living aboard while you still have the comforts of home nearby. Looking back on it, we are so glad we did it that way.

Good luck with your new lifestyle!
We appreciate the response and the detail on how you use your coach.

We plan to do the type of camping that you mentioned. We've never boondocked before but will try it when we go camping. I agree with the solar, but we'll wait until we figure out how will use the MH.

As for warranty, does Entegra cover it the coach 100% if you fulltime? I've heard other manufactures state that their MH's are NOT covered for fulltime use.

We're going to try and time our departure for when we sell the house and pick up the MH.. Going to be tough but I agree, we would like to have it in the driveway using it prior to leaving.

-paul