Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2012, 07:27 AM   #1

Entegra Aspire Sewer Vents

We are taking delivery of our 2012 Entegra Aspire in next two weeks and had a question on roof sewer vents. We were going to place two Cyclone Whirybirds on the vents but Dealer said they were not designed for that, had some other type. Has anyone installed Cyclone vents are is it necessary.
nathans is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2012, 08:14 AM   #2

I've always installed them on the 2 coaches I had and they always helped with odor moving and parked.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:47 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans View Post
We are taking delivery of our 2012 Entegra Aspire in next two weeks and had a question on roof sewer vents. We were going to place two Cyclone Whirybirds on the vents but Dealer said they were not designed for that, had some other type. Has anyone installed Cyclone vents are is it necessary.
I would say wait until delivery and see if the standard vent does the job. If you have odors etc then you could add the whirlybirds yourself. I'm curious to find out if there are two vents on the roof. Some manufacturers T the gray and black tank vents in the wall and then have only one vent pipe on the roof.
tnrzryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:23 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
We had our dealer put them (extreme vent) on our 2013 Aspire, we also are replacing the vents under each sink...Larry uses the ones from Lowes....we had to do that in our Bus also......we will be at the Factory in August and plan on letting them know about the under sink vent odor...we only noticed it when we don't have sewer hookup...and the tanks start getting full....
texaspenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:05 PM   #5

We boondock frequently and experience the same odor issue consistently. I replaced vents under the sink but that has not resolved the odor issue. Sending email to CS tomorrow.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:13 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
On my last coach, we frequently got the sewer smell shortly after draining the gray tank. Turned out that the process somehow sucked all the water out of the p-traps. So after dumping we ran a little water in each sink, down the shower drain and especially down the drain pipe behind the washer. If you can't physically reach the drain pipe behind the washer, I've heard that some run a short cycle on their washers. Just a thought...
2012 Honda CRV, Blue Ox Avail, AF1
tnrzryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:33 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaspenny View Post
We had our dealer put them (extreme vent) on our 2013 Aspire, we also are replacing the vents under each sink...Larry uses the ones from Lowes....we had to do that in our Bus also......we will be at the Factory in August and plan on letting them know about the under sink vent odor...we only noticed it when we don't have sewer hookup...and the tanks start getting full....
Is the extreme vent the same as the cyclone whirybirds.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:02 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnrzryd View Post
On my last coach, we frequently got the sewer smell shortly after draining the gray tank. Turned out that the process somehow sucked all the water out of the p-traps. So after dumping we ran a little water in each sink, down the shower drain and especially down the drain pipe behind the washer. If you can't physically reach the drain pipe behind the washer, I've heard that some run a short cycle on their washers. Just a thought...
We have this issue with our washer. I put a peice of plastic hose in the washer drain. Then we use a turkey baster to put water back in the trap after draining the grey tank.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:41 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RISCKY View Post
We boondock frequently and experience the same odor issue consistently. I replaced vents under the sink but that has not resolved the odor issue. Sending email to CS tomorrow.
Which sink are you getting the smell from?We are getting a smell from under the middle bathroom sink when we are parked. Seems to be when we are over 1/2 full. Can these vents under sink be replaced with something better?
Old 08-05-2012, 05:54 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Larry duct taped all around the vents to keep odor out we replaced them in our previous coach with vent he found at lowes and they worked good but duct tape is working fine for now....sometimes we get smell from the washer area when we run the fan in middle 1/2 bath....
texaspenny is offline   Reply With Quote