RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2018, 03:17 PM   #1

Entegra at Hershey

What a disappointment. Entegra display had 5x as many of their re named Jaycos than they had real Entegras. Pretty clear to me after that display which direction Thor is taking them. Can anyone say Cadillac Cimarron ? Flame away.

az99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2018, 03:31 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Targeting younger buyer without deep pockets.

Old 09-14-2018, 03:39 PM   #3

That seems to be the route that everyone in the industry is going. Even Foretravel is coming out with a 37 foot coach to appeal to those that can't spend the million plus for a 45 footer made by them. So it isn't just Thor, but industry wide.
Old 09-14-2018, 03:42 PM   #4

While fueling up in Pennsylvania on Sunday 9/2/2018, I saw a new Entegra Reatta pull into the plaza. Ended up having a brief conversation with the driver, who told me he worked for the company and was taking the coach to the Hershey show.

Nice enough looking coach from the outside. The photos posted on the Entegra web site show a front cap similar to the current design, but a rear cap similar to the older design. I didnít get a look at the front cap as the driver pulled in, but did see the rear cap which was definitely the older style.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019 Entegra Reatta-Front.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	219027   Click image for larger version

Name:	2019 Entegra Reatta-Rear.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	219028  

LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 04:28 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
Targeting younger buyer without deep pockets.
Isn't that why they have Jayco and Thor brands?
Old 09-14-2018, 04:38 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Cadillac Cimarron.
Old 09-14-2018, 05:15 PM   #7

Making things worse, RV one is the dealer hosting the display
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 05:53 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
Making things worse, RV one is the dealer hosting the display

RVOne has been great with us on both our Berkshire and now the Aspire. I would not hesitate to buy from them again. RVOne moves a heck of a lot of units from both Entegra and Newmar as well as the towable so they must be doing something right.

Dealers are funny animals....either you swear by them or you swear at them.
Old 09-14-2018, 05:54 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
RVOne has been great with us on both our Berkshire and now the Aspire. I would not hesitate to buy from them again. RVOne moves a heck of a lot of units from both Entegra and Newmar as well as the towable so they must be doing something right.

Dealers are funny animals....either you swear by them or you swear at them.
They move a lot of inventory, then forget your name. After the sale, you're on your own.
Old 09-14-2018, 06:05 PM   #10

Entegra at Hershey

Ya.. it is what it is... companies are gonna make changes and try different paths to success... they have that right and I personally donít blame them... I got my very well built classic anthem that I thoroughly enjoy... entegra seems they still really care and want to build a great coach from what I can see... let the younger generation buy the Thor cheap stuff if thatís what they want ... sooner or later they will learn the difference... or maybe they wonít but thatís what makes the world go round... I chose Thor once in my life... never again... but thatís me
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 07:13 PM   #11

Quote:
They move a lot of inventory, then forget your name. After the sale, you're on your own.

Buddy, Iím sorry your experience was bad with them. For me it was just the opposite. I walk into Buffalo RV and everyone calls me by name. I would bet that the same would happen if I went to Hershey this year. Excellent on the sale, excellent on the walk through, and excellent post sale. Thatís all I could ask for.

There is another Entegra dealer that was probably the worst dealer Iíve ever tried to deal with even though others have had good luck with them. It just depends on who you get and the timing. I know of one guy who is on his fourth Entegra from Buffalo RV. Loyalty like that is earned.
Old 09-14-2018, 07:22 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
Buddy, Iím sorry your experience was bad with them. For me it was just the opposite. I walk into Buffalo RV and everyone calls me by name. I would bet that the same would happen if I went to Hershey this year. Excellent on the sale, excellent on the walk through, and excellent post sale. Thatís all I could ask for.

There is another Entegra dealer that was probably the worst dealer Iíve ever tried to deal with even though others have had good luck with them. It just depends on who you get and the timing. I know of one guy who is on his fourth Entegra from Buffalo RV. Loyalty like that is earned.
Not my experience in Albany. Nor my son in laws, his father or his aunt. They all bought there. None of will make that mistake again. Just terrible in every aspect. Their salesmen make promises that don't keep, the financing department are deceitful, ad infinitum. Never again.
Old 09-14-2018, 08:04 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Not my experience in Albany. Nor my son in laws, his father or his aunt. They all bought there. None of will make that mistake again. Just terrible in every aspect. Their salesmen make promises that don't keep, the financing department are deceitful, ad infinitum. Never again.
I signed a purchase agreement last September at the Hershey show and took delivery at the RVOne store in Orlando.

I found the sales price offered and trade-in value to be quite competitive with another dealer. The only promises by the sales staff were completely honored. I found the finance team to be responsive to my needs and helpful in finding acceptable financing (I did secure a financing offer from a third party that RVOne beat). The delivery process was smooth with what seemed to me to be an excellent explanation of the various systems. They installed a Progressive Industries EMS and swapped my toad braking system without any up-charge.

I returned one month later with a couple of minor issues which they very professionally addressed. I told them my arrival time and the tech was waiting with tools in hand when I arrived. Two hours later and I was on my way.

5 months later, when we ran into our sales person at the FMCA Convention in Gillette, she greeted us by name as if we were life-long friends.

I can't say much for your perception of the Albany store. The closest I've been to the Albany store was a drive-by as I passed through New York this past spring. Sorry to hear of your disappointment in your treatment there.

All that I can personally attest to is how I was treated by the Orlando team. Put me in the column of satisfied customers.

Take care,
Stu
Old 09-15-2018, 04:44 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Cadillac Cimarron.
It was GM's failed attempt to put a Cadillac emblem on a Chevy Nova and try to make people believe it was a Cadillac. The people figured it out.

You can put a real big Entegra Decal on a Jayco Redhawk but does that really make it a true Entegra? Or does it just cheapen what was the trusted and valued Entegra name?

Tags
entegra