Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-23-2017, 06:48 AM   #1

entegra body style classic or new version

I was cruising around the internet just looking at motorhomes for sale..
I stumbled across la mesa rv website and saw they had 2 entegra anthems for sale - a 2016 and a 2015 - I thought it was interesting that the 2015 was 20 grand higher than the 16...

for members who are not familiar with this term, models with the older front and rear caps pre 2016 are labeled as a "classic" thanks to brobox who started the term I believe..

as owners I wonder what style is more appealing ??
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-23-2017, 08:25 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
They both have things I like, but since I have a classic I'm leaning more to the classic
jbhobbs54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 08:31 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Cool

I like the lighting on the newer caps, but I'm in a super classic, 2012. I like it too....
2016 Jeep Cherokee
Dr. Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 08:40 AM   #4

They had that 16 in Quartzsite and it was priced pretty reasonably (I think 269 was the asking price). Quite a few of our owners looked at it.... assumed it might be previously owned or a wrecked coach, but the story was no, it was a new coach and they just had it priced aggressively for sale. I never heard if they sold it or not. My guess on the price differential is that the 15 is a consigned coach and the high price reflects the desires of the owner to minimiize his/her losses. Just guesses.

By the way, La Mesa used to have a massive yard in Yuma. Drove past it a couple of days ago and it is completely empty and for lease. Not sure if they have opened a new place in Yuma, or if they have closed the Yuma yard and moved everything elsewhere.

Now, on a personal level, they certainly are selling a bunch of 16s and 17s so the outside design must be popular to a bunch of people. I still find that the front cap is a bit too fancy and distinct for me. I like the rear cap better but the 3 sided illuminated headlights are a little hard for me to "love", but it clearly is something that others have gotten used to and have bought.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 09:04 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowejug View Post
I stumbled across la mesa rv website and saw they had 2 entegra anthems for sale - a 2016 and a 2015 - I thought it was interesting that the 2015 was 20 grand higher than the 16...

for members who are not familiar with this term, models with the older front and rear caps pre 2016 are labeled as a "classic" thanks to brobox who started the term I believe..

La Mesa Rv in Albuquerque?
Old 02-23-2017, 09:17 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Has to be errors on the MSRP prices shown. MSRP shows the 2016 42DEQ as being $30K less than the 2015 44B? No way is that accurate.
Ready2Travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 11:43 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:

Never owned a classic.. my previous coach was a Sportscoach Encore. When I started my research for a new purchase I narrowed it down to a slightly used Prevost or a new Entegra or Newmar (this was a few years back when I started this research so I was looking at the classics). I quickly fell in love with the Entegra over Newmar mainly because the coach is optioned out and I don't like feeling like I'm being "nickeled and dimed." My thoughts were that if a company (Entegra) is producing hundreds of coaches with a standard build sheet that the quality will be higher as the production line moves them along. So my list became two.. Entegra or a 4 or 5 year old Prevost. I was very fond of the classic and kept leaning toward the new Entegra. The timing worked out that as I got close to pulling the trigger the 16's were introduced. I instantly fell in love and the Prevost was out. I love the classics and was tempted to buy a year end closeout, but the 16 just excited me.

I can say that people have a pretty strong reaction to the new body style. When we stop for fuel there are usually several people that walk over and comment on the paint job and looks. Bottom line is an Entegra (whichever body style) stands out in most crowds.. love them all.
UncleJamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 12:22 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Classic of course. Both are beautiful coaches.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 01:34 PM   #9

Had both, loved both, prefer the new style.
Old 02-23-2017, 02:02 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
As far as exterior look is concerned, I think I lean (slightly) toward the neo look. Fortunately for me, there was no classic Cornerstone 45X.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 03:33 PM   #11

The front and rear caps are about all I'm not crazy about. The front reminds me of a '58 Plymouth Fury and the rear graphics look like a "Tramp Stamp".

Otherwise, love it.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 03:36 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
The front and rear caps are about all I'm not crazy about. The front reminds me of a '58 Plymouth Fury and the rear graphics look like a "Tramp Stamp".

Otherwise, love it.

-Matt
I like that, may I use your quote? Just kidding, but that was funny for us Classic owners.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 03:39 PM   #13

I would have liked to see a minor revision to the headlights on the classics.. otherwise I like the front cap and the curve on the rear cap.

I'm not real sure what is going on with the graphics, but man!

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 04:03 PM   #14
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
I own a "classic" so, of course it's better looking than the new style. Friend has a 2016 Anthem so, of course the new style is better looking than the "classic."

Tags
entegra