Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2012, 01:36 PM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
Just MHO, but if you want to compare, then compare that Cornerstone (at its price) to the two Newmar top of line coaches. I just don't see any comparison to what I saw at Hershey. Anthem seemed as nice as any Tiffen shown there and if I could have reached to a Cornerstone I would have. Entegra seems the best at each price point for each level. Of course Newmar owners of Mountain Aire and higher would disagree, and theirs are nice coaches as well.

If you like the Cornerstone floor plan, everything I have seen and heard says you'l be hard pressed to be anything but amazed.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2012, 03:27 PM   #30

Tiffin Owners Club
I agree. I looked at Newmar luxury lines and far more pricey for a comparable coach to the Cornerstone The floor plans need to be more creative but hopefully some after market treatments will solve some challenges for me
Old 10-30-2012, 03:54 PM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
Re: The "wandering" and loose front end on the Aspire noted by rdostal on previous page. Our Anthem as delivered from MHS had the same problem. Unfortunately I did not test drive before leaving for home in Houston so the 250 mile trip was tense. Cummins/Spartan has a service facility here, and they found the ride height not correct, front end alignment out and tire pressure much too high, plus right front tire ruined by these conditions. All fixed under warranty, and drives beautifully now.
mfrazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:19 PM   #32

Entegra Owners Club
Sounds like a delivery/prep issue at the dealer...was that your perspective? Given your experience, is there something that we should look for at the walkthrough/test drive when we pick up an Anthem.

The issue was originally reported with an Aspire which has a different front end suspension than the Anthem (independent front suspension), so I wonder if the issue was the same type of thing. Could the handling issue have been inappropriate pressure in the tire from the beginning. Don't know where you picked up, but eastern half of the US is significantly cooler than. That might have resulted in tire pressures dropping.

Glad to hear that Entegra stepped up quickly on the warrantee. Everything I've seen suggests that would be their response.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:36 PM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
Definitely do a thorough test drive, especially including freeway or highway. And don't sign your paperwork until this is done, CDS completed and any problems you found fixed. I suppose just incorrect tire pressure could cause some issues if it was a lot different in one front tire from the other. But since they found the right height off only on the right side, and alignment off, I think those were the main causes. Joyce Skinner also wondered how it could have been so far off when no one reported a problem with the delivery drive from factory to dealer just south of Fort Worth, Tx, but no way to find that answer.
mfrazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:46 PM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
Well, in any event, congrats on your new coach. Thanks for the info. We hope to join you on the road in somewhere between 45 and 60 days.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:35 PM   #35

I just picked my new 2013 Anthem up at RVONE Orlando on Wed. Its a great coach, besides the paint issues. The wandering or loose front wheels is our major concern. Robin at RV One let some air out of the front tires and that helped some. Spent a few nights up in Silver Springs and very pleased with the overall fit and finish. We have put on just under 200 miles and this wandering is not the way it should be. Just a slight touch of the wheel and you have to then almost over steer in the opposite direction. Its OK on a short drive but would not be happy on a long drive. Can not take your eye off the road for a minute to look at the scenery.
Well its back at RV Orlando and will see if they get Spartan to take a look.
Leftyroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:00 PM   #36

Entegra Owners Club
Pls let us know how this turns out. The independent front suspension was one of the "selling" points (albeit lesser) in stepping up from Aspire.

In any event, congrats on the new ride...DW and I are getting real anxious. Everyone enjoys pics if you took a few.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:46 AM   #37

Tiffin Owners Club
I'd like to hear about this issue too as i experienced it driving on a freeway . It was like driving an old truck with a 3' steering wheel from the 60's. Im going to fly to dallas ths week to drive a physical cornerstone and make sure it rides the way everyone says it will . I hear they are a dream to drive but i oonly had one option to drive (an aspire with idw suspension and it drove horrible. ) 10 hours i would have been exhausted
Old 11-05-2012, 06:43 AM   #38

Rudy,

Before you jump into the Tiffin pool you may want to check out the Tiffin RV forum. The folks on there will give you the good, the bad and the ugly. When I read things like people waiting for seven weeks in Red Bay to get service, it scares the Tiffin out of me! Perhaps you may be comfortable with the situation, but before dropping the real serious $$$$ check out the Tiffin forum.

Ed
Old 11-05-2012, 09:56 AM   #39

Tiffin Owners Club
this is quite a decision. I have all the right people to do the job Techinical guy for the wiring changes, Cabinet guy and upholstery guy for the new furniture. what frustrated me is i actually saw a tiffn 45lP in california yesterday and it was everything I wanted in a floor plan. It has some nuances but this vehicle was the first one off the line.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:05 PM   #40

Tiffin Owners Club
Im heading to Indiana on Thursday for a tour and visit the Entegra factory. Im excited to see the plant and hopefully have the ability to share some news and or possible solutions to some of my still unanswered questions.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:29 PM   #41

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdostal View Post
Im heading to Indiana on Thursday for a tour and visit the Entegra factory. Im excited to see the plant and hopefully have the ability to share some news and or possible solutions to some of my still unanswered questions.
Rudy, while you are there, please keep your eyes out for an Anthem under construction with number 936834 on it. That's ours and any pictures you might take would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tom
2012 Honda CRV, Blue Ox Avail, AF1
tnrzryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:50 PM   #42
Moderator Emeritus

When you're there, take a good look at the insulation that Entegra uses, how much they use, and where they put it. Then look at the wood flooring structure and the way the slideout rails are integrated into it. The look at the roof trusses and see how large they are and how many there are. Look at all the litle details thatthey put into the coach. Then, if only you could go to the Tiffin plant in Red Bay and compare the two. I think that would make up your decision real quick.

Actually, you can get somewhat of an idea if you look for details in this series - Birth of a Phaeton
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comparison