Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-10-2017, 04:29 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
I'd think that if Entegra were to decide to market a Class C that reflects the image of Entegra (Vs, The Jayco Seneca etc) and has commensurate quality and features ala their Class A's, then this is a good move.

If there is no or less difference between typical Class C's and the Entegra Class C's then they are hurting their image - and all of us.

This could be a great way to introduce a new generation to "Glamping"
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-10-2017, 04:30 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Well I guess we disagree. A BMW 3 series is a luxury car. Jayco already has a very complete selection of Class C's to offer. The "Entegra" Odyssey looks like one of those Jaycos with the nameplate switched. It doesn't even have full body paint. That is not a luxury RV. So aside from confusing and bamboozling the public, what is gained by this masterful marketing?
Well said - see my comment above
Old 11-10-2017, 04:46 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My Ford Fusion is fancier, much more comfortable, and gets better MPG than my neighbor's 3 series, so everything is relative.

Full body paint is on the Esteem:
Click image for larger version

Name:	1_2321_2171882_50420881.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	182555

And...notice that's a skylight in the overcab cap.
Click image for larger version

Name:	1_2321_2171882_50420905.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	182556

These look pretty "Premium" for the segment.

Of course if enough owners demean the brand, I guess over-time this will impact it negatively

Safe travels

Photo credit to:
http://www.mhsrv.com/2018-entegra-co...-c-tx-i2171882
We are not affiliated.
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 04:51 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
I agree and am not demeaning the brand. BMW, M-B have down market products that are differentiated from Chevy or Ford competitors with quality, I would love to see Entegra do the same thing.

GM has Chevy, Buick and Caddy. Ford has Lincoln. Thor/Entegra can do the same if they are marketed clearly
Old 11-10-2017, 05:01 PM   #19

I was just at the plant this week and there is absolutely NO sign of class C's being manufactured in the Entegra plant. I think they are being made by Jayco in an adjacent plant and stamped with the Entegra name (not 100% sure about this tho).
Jtrving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 05:04 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Maybe Entegra/Jayco is just going to use the Entegra brand/name to market and sell a lower cost class C RV to the buying sector that can't afford a 45' class A Entegra......?
Now instead of owning a Jayco class C, they will own a Entegra class C..........
If my thoughts are correct........seems their marketing staff has the same thought's?
It will be the new name on a class C that will move these for them!
And I understand the feeling's of the Entegra owners........but you knew something was going to come out of the sale and its not over yet..........
American Coach has a Class B on a Mercedes chassis..........
Old 11-11-2017, 06:59 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
My Ford Fusion is fancier, much more comfortable, and gets better MPG than my neighbor's 3 series, so everything is relative.

Full body paint is on the Esteem:
Attachment 182555

And...notice that's a skylight in the overcab cap.
Attachment 182556

These look pretty "Premium" for the segment.

Of course if enough owners demean the brand, I guess over-time this will impact it negatively

Safe travels

Photo credit to:
New 2018 Entegra Coach Esteem
We are not affiliated.
good looking coach
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 08:51 AM   #22

So where do they go for the 2 year PDI? Having actually been in one I can tell you that the walls have that "nice" spongie feel found in much lower units.
hikndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 09:27 AM   #23

Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Look up the Jayco Greyhawk Prestige model and compare it to an Entegra Esteem. They appear to be the same inside and out.
Kuppajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 09:31 AM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

I've been in them, even before when they were called the Envoy - a program that got sidelined after building a dozen just prior to the buyout. They are upscale for a class C. I think they will sell, which is what it's all about for Jayco. We are looking at it from the topside down and for the most part we aren't the potential customers of a class C anyway. I seriously doubt that anyone looking at an Entegra diesel pusher will have any negative concerns just because they make a class C any more than a King Air buyer will think similarly just because Newmar makes the Bay Star. They will weight the coach on its own merits.

But looking at it from a bottom-up perspective an entry level buyer may feel that because the Esteem is part of the Entegra family they may tend to lean towards the Esteem as being more upscale so it may garner more sales than if it was as a Jayco brand.

Either way, it's all marketing perspective. In reality it is being built in the Jayco plant alongside Senecas, Precepts and other motorized products by the same people. It will have vaculam sidewalls because hung sidewalls is too expensive and a different assembly process. It will have a few more upscale amenities but that's about it. Entegra has plans in motion for a gasoline powered class A as well and we may be seeing that next year. I just looks like Entegra is shooting to be a full-line manufacturer. Tiffin just added the Wayfarer class C to their line-up so they have now all diesels, gas As and a class C and I haven't seen anyone walk away from an Allegro Bus sale because of that. I don't think it will make an impact on any of us who have an Entegra Coach.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:06 AM   #25

I think Mark is on point. We as Entegra owners need Entegra to remain profitable and grow and expanding the brand can do that. Go Entegra!
Tall Tex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c, entegra