Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2016, 07:27 AM   #1

Entegra Coach values

So I am seeing some entegra coach coming up for sale pretty darn cheap..
I don't get it.. it is concerning when I see a 2012 winnebago itasca up for sale for the same price as a 2014 anthem - and this from a dealer who cuts out all the game playing and prices motorhomes accordingly ... I know these things are not appreciating assets by any means but when they are lower priced then the rest of competition that we all know are about half the quality it just doesn't seem right.
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2016, 07:30 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Maybe something wrong with that particular coach?
or something wrong with the seller that they have to move quickly ?
or some are worried about the fact that new owners are now their parent company and prices/demand is going down ?

Maybe prices will drop enough that we can trade(again!)
Old 08-12-2016, 12:46 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Wished there was an easy answer to your question...seems like there are a number of factors. I talked to one dealer who offered X dollars a trade and X % above what they said was wholesale; then they offered a discount of 27.5% to MSRP on the new coach. Another "straight dealer" offered wholesale less 10% and 8% more off of MSRP (with some other unusual discussion). Saw the coach listed at wholesale plus 20%. Figuring out what the dealer is doing with listings on his lot is like playing slots in Vegas. You might win, be more likely...he knows what he is doing and he is making money on both ends.

That said, Entegras seem to me to be on a 15% first year and 10% second year depreciation rate...at least when trading in. Private sale might be a little less. JMHO
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 01:42 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
I think it starts with very aggressive new unit pricing from dealers. When I was in the market for my 2011 Anthem, a really good discount was 25-27%. When we started looking for our 2014, the discounts were more like 30%. Now we are chasing a 2017 and the discounts are closer to 35%. Add to that this year there was a glut of leftover 2016s at Entegra so Entegra offered some very aggressive pricing to their dealers to get rid of them. That meant that there were some brand new Entegras on the market for 40% off! If you start there, what are you willing to pay for a used Entegra?
Other manufactures have tried to incentivize their dealers to stock and limit discounts. That helps the used market but hurts the new by not being competitive with Entegra. I have heard that there currently is a larger than normal inventory of sob's coaches so the pricing on those coaches are coming down and I've heard 35% discounts there as well.
I don't know where it ends up but I think it's only going to get worse as dealers keep chasing sales. That is particularly bad news for those that own pre 2016s and would like to get anything close to NADA value for them.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 03:42 PM   #5

I also think it is the new prices being so heavily discounted, especially on the left over past model coaches. NIRV cashed in by buying the entire end production run of '16s and sold them at very attractive prices. So attractive it made me ill considering what we paid for a year old 2013 and the various improvements on the coach from 2013 to 2016.

I think there is a very finite market for these coaches and with the uptick in the economy all the coach manufacturers boosted production to cash in on the baby boomer demand. So....lots of left over past model coaches heavily discounted and lots of production coming down the line to sell.

Somehow eerily reminiscent of what I observed in the auto industry over the past years and we know how well that worked out.
Old 08-12-2016, 07:48 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Looks like I may be enjoying my Classic for a long time. I just got rid of the wind noise and it's steering straight, now I can really enjoy it.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 06:23 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Looks like I may be enjoying my Classic for a long time. I just got rid of the wind noise and it's steering straight, now I can really enjoy it.
Us Too ! After the " swinging deal " offered to us at the FMCA Rally by one of the multi-location dealers. 26% off MSRP and $80 k hit on our 2016 !

Our discount on the 16 was much higher .

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 06:38 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
To me, our 2015 Anthem increases in value to me almost every day. I've gotten the "new coach" problems resolved and it has be flawless on our trip since April. Love this thing .... it is a great "home"!
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 07:08 AM   #9

I think that my coach is worth about the same today (in Canadian dollars) as what I paid for it new. I should remind you about the cdn-us exchange rate that has dropped about 30% since I bought it. Also a new Entegra coach is getting further out of reach for those of us north of the border because of the exchange rate.
gizmo123316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 07:21 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo123316 View Post
I think that my coach is worth about the same today (in Canadian dollars) as what I paid for it new. I should remind you about the cdn-us exchange rate that has dropped about 30% since I bought it. Also a new Entegra coach is getting further out of reach for those of us north of the border because of the exchange rate.

That's probably true since one of the reasons claimed for too many 2016's leftover is the lower than expected Canadian sales.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 07:54 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowejug View Post
So I am seeing some entegra coach coming up for sale pretty darn cheap..
I don't get it.. it is concerning when I see a 2012 winnebago itasca up for sale for the same price as a 2014 anthem - and this from a dealer who cuts out all the game playing and prices motorhomes accordingly ... I know these things are not appreciating assets by any means but when they are lower priced then the rest of competition that we all know are about half the quality it just doesn't seem right.
??? Per NADA the price of a 2014 should be considerably more than a 2012 Winnebago if an apples to apples comparison is made. Just checked NADA price on 2014 Anthem 42 ft and it shows as average retail of approximately $296K high retail, $245K low retail. The 2012 Itaska (42 ft Tour series, a comparable model) shows $228K high retail, $189K low retail. Those both seem high for average retail as NADA tends to show, however, a $68K-$56K difference shows the Anthem as considerably more value than the Itasca.

Just looked at a 2016 Grand Tour, new, and it was selling for $299K, probably close to what a 2016 Anthem could be purchased for? The Anthem appears to have a few more features than the Grand Tour. The Tour had a smaller generator and did not have a heated floor were a few I noticed.
Ready2Travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 08:28 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
When a "newer" dealer that buys so many 2016 leftovers of one line of coach at huge discounts, then floods the market like they did with front end profit beyond low wholesale value, with a goal of back-end profits from storage & service, it is going to cause a "ripple" that will effect the market and hence owners.

Their goal was simple, find a way to "become a player" in the Hi-End market as fast as possible. Before two years ago, no one even hear of these guys. Now they dominate the Blogs. They have pushed their way into the "top 3" in record time. Very powerful.

One of those ripples I am talking about is the re-sale value of our coach tanks

I do believe that those discounts Entegra gave had to do with "cleaning up the books" for the Thor buyout.

Now that they lose their "edge" in the market with other dealers, the true test will be if they can sustain the ground they now hold.

It might take a year or two to recover, but I would think the value of your coach will stabilize.

JMO,
Old 08-13-2016, 01:26 PM   #13

That's exactly what I am saying.
Our friends at Mhsrv have the 2012
Winnebago for 225k and have 2 2014 anthems .. 1 for 219k and 1 for 229k , Makes no sense other than I guess what everybody is sayin here
Entegras killing our values with allowing there new stuff to be sold so cheap
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 05:29 PM   #14

Exactly ..lowejug. there has been a firesale at the end of each model year the last two years. Either factory production mismanagement or dealership mismanagement and a cleaning up the books for sale. The value proposition when buying is negated and then some, on the otherside.
CoreyinWP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra