Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2012, 10:30 AM   #1

Entegra Cornerstone

These are some things that are an issue with the Entegra 1 1/2 bath that I have noticed are a problem with the layout: if you open the right refrigerator door at >90 degrees the door hits the granite counter and causes dents in the door. Also, because there is no vent in the wood that surrounds the front and rear televisions, you must use the surround sound to hear anything because the tv speaker is muffled. The main tv should be relocated so that it is not blocked by slide during travel. Maybe that's only an issue if you are traveling with kids who like to watch tv to pass time on the road. On mine (I am not sure if they are all plumbed the same) everything is plumbed to the black tank other than the kitchen sink. That makes the black fill up fairly quick if you take a shower or do laundry. When the slides are closed Ac vent in the middle is blocked by slide.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2012, 10:50 AM   #2

Interesting observations on your unit. Have you mentioned any of them to the factory? I'd be curious to know their reaction.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:55 AM   #3

Have been playing phone tag with them. When I do, I'll post their response.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:46 AM   #4

I notice the similar issues with the speakers.

They plumb the vanity sinks to the black tank to keep water in the black tank to eliminate pyramiding and odor issues. It's actually an advantage to have the vanity drain into the black tank. However, if everything is draining into the black...well that's an issue.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:47 PM   #5

From my observation of the RBQ floorplan, they could pretty much have the same set up as the DLQ on the front passenger slide and eliminate the dent issue and the issue of looking around the Fridge to see the TV. My wife really likes the Dual vanity of the DLQ and likes the W&D in the back. It's only us 2 and the Buster so we don't need 2 bathrooms. Rather have the storage. But with kids, a second bathroom is almost a necessity.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:09 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RISCKY
I notice the similar issues with the speakers.

They plumb the vanity sinks to the black tank to keep water in the black tank to eliminate pyramiding and odor issues. It's actually an advantage to have the vanity drain into the black tank. However, if everything is draining into the black...well that's an issue.
I figured the vanities would drain to the black, but the washer and the shower are draining there as well. Mine is going back in the shop and I'll have them look at the plumbing while it's there.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:19 PM   #7

Freightliner Owners Club
I say that sucks. When at a water and electric only CG, how can one release his gray water onto the ground? I ain't buying the "pyramiding" claim.
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:48 PM   #8

We were having to dump the black daily when we were parked. Then on the 2 day drive back home with showering limited only to one each, the black was completely full and the gray was empty. I think there is some kind of problem.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:12 PM   #9

Te pyramiding isn't a claim it's a fact. If you disagree, put solids into a dry black tank and report back. You want the bathroom vanities draining into the black tank. Shower, washer and whatever else... No way! Sounds like you have an issue that definitely needs solving. They'll get it solved for you. Good luck.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:57 PM   #10

Freightliner Owners Club
Yes, pyramiding can occurr with NO water from the flush process...but, of course that's silly. There WILL be fluids added with the flush.

Ask youself why virtually all "plastic" coaches divert grey water to a grey tank, with only the Newell and Prevosts mixing all water into a single, but much larger combined tank. And in most cases using a macerator.

As for black tank management, you want those solids to have max time to break down. Adding additional water will shorten that dwell time and result in incomplete breakdown of solids.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:16 PM   #11

Listen, I am new to this stuff. What exactly is pyramiding?
Old 06-27-2012, 10:30 PM   #12

Freightliner Owners Club
It's like having a "PHD"....Piled higher and deeper!
Old 06-28-2012, 07:37 AM   #13

Pyramiding happens when solids are put into a tank that has minimal water and the solids begin to "pyramid" up. You have a relatively large black tank. Consider the width of the tank; if the only water you put into that tank was from the flush you would start the process of pyramiding which can be difficult to resolve.

You want the solids to enter a tank that has plenty of water AND CHEMICAL in the tank.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:12 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by slabman View Post
I say that sucks. When at a water and electric only CG, how can one release his gray water onto the ground? I ain't buying the "pyramiding" claim.
I thought it was illegal to dump the grey water on the ground?

Kathryn

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote