Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-27-2012, 07:28 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

That's one of my biggest issues with Entegras, the decorative mirror that doesn't have a medicine cabinet. It's just not that functional. I would think that the vanity assembly could be moved out a couple of inches and a raised ledge built behind it. The the mirror could be removed and replaced with a medicine cabinet with 3 way folding mirrors. That's pretty much how the Mountain Aire that I recently looked at had it. With the curvature on the vanity front that should be fairly easy to do without affecting wardrobe access or the doorway.

I wish they'd let me design the floor plans. I'd put Tiffin's functionality with Entegra's quality and they'd have a killer unit.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-27-2012, 09:41 AM   #16

I agree Cruzer. The good folks who design and build these things do NOT travel in them. So, often, pretty trumps functionality. I really like the double sink vanity but it should have the medicine cabinet feature incorporated. If you go to the SL floor plan it has two separate sinks in different locations and they DO have medicine cabinets. Maybe they can figure out a way to add that feature to the double sink vanity.

Gene
Old 10-27-2012, 12:30 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post
That's one of my biggest issues with Entegras, the decorative mirror that doesn't have a medicine cabinet. It's just not that functional. I would think that the vanity assembly could be moved out a couple of inches and a raised ledge built behind it. The the mirror could be removed and replaced with a medicine cabinet with 3 way folding mirrors. That's pretty much how the Mountain Aire that I recently looked at had it. With the curvature on the vanity front that should be fairly easy to do without affecting wardrobe access or the doorway.

I wish they'd let me design the floor plans. I'd put Tiffin's functionality with Entegra's quality and they'd have a killer unit.

Mark, maybe you should suggest that they set up a design committee to see what the customer actually wants. My only hang up with Entegra is the lack of functional floor plans.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:49 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

I already did.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:49 PM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
I worked all day yesterday and this morning with blueprints of the k style floorplan to interpret this to the tiffin lx floorplan with popup tv in the living area and L shape sleeper sofa at the front of the coach In addition I get some extra cabinet space in the kitchen area by relocating the big tv currently mid coach to the popup. It'a all in design stages now with villa furniture and prestige cabinets but its all doable. The bathroom will have drawers by Entegra from what I was told by March delivery. Also the problem with the fridge door hitting the counter will be solved as well with the addition of another cabinet to the right of the fridge so there is more clearance. I saw dents on that door on some cornerstones on dealers websites so I'm thrilled they fixed that as well
Old 10-27-2012, 12:53 PM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

One thing that never fails to impress me is that Entegra is very responsive to new ideas and making corrections where needed. They pretty much started out fromn scratch but are constantly refining things and truly want to make everything as perfect as possible. It's a work in progress but many manufacturers don't even start on the journey.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:58 AM   #21

In the Anthem 44DLQ, we added two more shelves to the large cabinet above the hamper. Now at least we have a place for all medicines, etc. We also were used to medicine cabinets and extra cabinets in the Tiffin bus, but with a little rearranging, we have plenty of room. We love this coach! We're on our way from Tennessee to Florida this morning with a cold start, but the coach is toasty warm with no drafts. It's 30 some degrees out and Noel and I are in short sleeves. Yes there are some design changes that would be alot more practical,but this is the best motorhome we've ever had.
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:47 PM   #22

Tiffin Owners Club
Today met with the cabinet maker at LazyDays in Tucson. He's very creative. We have a great design for two big medicine cabinets on each side of the counter incorporating the existing millwork and even has a plug inside the cabinet to charge things like toothbrush/shaver and hang a hairdryer. Will get drawings but this is solved.
RudyD is offline   Reply With Quote