Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2013, 07:19 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullheaded View Post
Prevost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bullheaded - sent you a PM.
2012 Honda CRV, Blue Ox Avail, AF1
tnrzryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2013, 07:29 PM   #16

The Prevost has lots of windows. One must ask if you like living in a fish bowl.

Did you look at Newmars?
akadeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:26 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I think he walked into the Provost and said Ahhhhhh! Lets face it, that's what makes the world go round.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:40 PM   #18

Well said and a point that I have pondered. The Entregra is more of a home and the Prevost is more of a sight seeing machine, travel vehicle. I agree that I will have to experience them and take note of this issue when I do. The wife will have a strong opinion in this. I like both interiors but I do both modern and traditional art work so both have an appeal to me. When all told, I'll put my money that the Cornerstone will win out. We're looking to buy a Victorian home in Dallas so you can guess her taste. And she plans to take it on trips with her sisters herself so It isn't only my toy. Brand new under company service would make it safer to let her go off on her own in it. Hey she is Peoria Indian blood, I'm not telling her she can't handle it. Just cross my fingers it and her come back safe.
Christian51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:02 PM   #19

We recently compared Prevost to Entegra. We realized that if selecting a Prevost, we most definitely wanted the Prevost over the road air. Huge differential vs traditional roof mounted air. That said, the Prevost had much less storage space to begin with. Add the over the road air and it was significantly less basement storage.

The Prevost's we liked the most were the H3-45 model. The front two seats in that model are unable to turn 180 degrees for extra seating, TV viewing, etc.; so we actually lost living space. You wont find a four slide Prevost for less than seven figures. Most are double slides.

The most critical deciding point for either coach was the customer service we experienced with Joyce and team at Entegra with our first Entegra Anthem. In the end, we decided we were completely satisfied with the total package, storage, useable living space, and overall bang for our dollar that Entegra offered. So Entegra it was.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:24 PM   #20

Christian,

One more thing to consider. I just viewed the Prevost link you posted and that particular coach has been for sale for a very long time. I suspect one reason is that it's a 40' coach. Not that 40' don't sell well, but I don't know that you'll see many 40' at that price point sell easily.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:33 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
After having looked at all the pictures of the Prevost you are considering....I guess I am somewhat confused. These two coaches are so vastly different in interior design. The Prevost has a VERY ultra-modern, sterile white, minimalist look with high gloss cabinets and large windows. The Cornerstone (any floor plan) is VERY different. I would think that most people would be immediately drawn to one look or the other. If your current home is Ultra-modern in design I would think you would be drawn to the Prevost. For me, there is absolutely no way I could live in that Prevost. I find warmth and comfort in real wood cabinets and neutral earthy colors. I would think most people would be the same....they would immediately be drawn to one look or the other and not be trying to determine which is the right one. When we initially walked into an Anthem DEQ model we instantly fell in love with both the exterior and the interior. Then and only then did we look at all the technical details. I know that every Purchaser is different which is why they don't make every RV exactly the same. Because you will be living in this vehicle it must feel like "home". IMHO, that should be the first step....find one that makes you go "Ahhhhhh" when you walk in the door and "Ahhhhh" when you look at the exterior and then take it to the next step.
In most lower priced coaches I have found the cluttered , homey frills increase in the cheaper , fake , cover up wood veneer Motorhome's. The units that are like this begin to show wear quickly., . Modern minimalist design takes advantage of the latest materials and hardware. This has always been a problem when looking at all the available coaches, it just makes me want to gut the interior and start over.
Now, not to get off topic here, but if a couple has a 1m or more to spend it is also posable to have traditional design furnishings, too the limit if you want. Often to the point you feel like your walking into a French house of ill repute. Sad that so many people have such bad taste , it leaves so little for the rest of us that just want practical clean interiors in a lesser price range.
darstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:56 AM   #22

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
In most lower priced coaches I have found the cluttered , homey frills increase in the cheaper , fake , cover up wood veneer Motorhome's. The units that are like this begin to show wear quickly., .
Your message wasn't clear to me....were you suggesting that the Cornerstone was in that category of "cluttered, homey fills, fake, cover up wood veneer"???
DianneS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:04 AM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
I would recommend Prevost hands down. However, I would research the converter to make sure what you are getting and MOST of all, like with any purchase of this nature, do your homework and research what you are considering. All of these monster RV's are complex and complicated, and the Prevost is more so. When looking at the XLII whick you are, check for delamination problems and just don't take the word of the dealer for it. That could mean a $40K-60K price tag put in your mlap. If you don't know what I'm talking about with delamination, then you have not researched this issue. There are web forums that you can start reading and learning from. Personally we feel our Cornerstone is a good coach, but it's not a Prevost. Our next coach, God willing, will be a gently used Prevost... Do your homework, mistakes on a purchase like this can get very costly. Good Luck.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:19 AM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Your message wasn't clear to me....were you suggesting that the Cornerstone was in that category of "cluttered, homey fills, fake, cover up wood veneer"???
Just a quick note on the wood veneer question as it applies to the Cornerstone: There is more veneer (wood covered with contact paper) in the Cornerstone than any coach that I have owned. That included a Bounder, a Phaeton and two Allegro Buss's. The Cornerstone is nice, but they did cut corners here an there, don't be fooled to think at because the Cornerstone is their "top of the line" model, it's all quality woodwork...
Old 06-19-2013, 08:33 AM   #25

Quote:
No , not at all , it was your comment " real wood cabinets" that got me excited. I could not comment on a "Cornerstone" as I have never seen or heard of that brand. Who makes it ?....( I must inform all that I have been out of the Coach thing for the last 12 years, so , my comments may be dated, but I think little has changed, except most companies have gone out of business, even Monaco, which has always been my affordable choice ).
darstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:50 AM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Not to be critical, but recommend you attend a RV show and take a look at current motor coach offerings. Not sure what price point you are referring, but your comments seem misplaced. In coaches in the $300K and up price points, you see a lot of hardwoods, designs that maximize the perspective of space, increase functionality, and emphasize comfort.

As to Cornerstone and the Entegra line, look up "entegracoach.com" to learn more. Both Entegra and Newmar (Monaco I suppose, but I'm not as impressed at this price point) emphasize Amish craftsmanship in their woodwork and are in part what we pay for. JMHO, that's what makes it hard for me to distinguish differences visually between the market in the $300-500K and the market at seven figures. I know there is some difference, it is just harder to see beyond increased use of laquers and better finishes to the hardwood.

Until you've seen where the market has gone at this price point and what is offered in interiors, you can't compare.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:51 AM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhomeguy View Post
Just a quick note on the wood veneer question as it applies to the Cornerstone: There is more veneer (wood covered with contact paper) in the Cornerstone than any coach that I have owned. That included a Bounder, a Phaeton and two Allegro Buss's. The Cornerstone is nice, but they did cut corners here an there, don't be fooled to think at because the Cornerstone is their "top of the line" model, it's all quality woodwork...
Ron, please give examples of where they are using wood covered with contact paper.
2012 Honda CRV, Blue Ox Avail, AF1
tnrzryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:52 AM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Prevost for sure. They are a well established company.

How long has the Entegra been on the RV market?

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote