Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2012, 10:02 AM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra door seal

2011 Insignia.
Having trouble with the door sealing properly. Periodically, it doesn't seem to pulled in tight enough at the front top, to stop wind noise or water entry. Talked with CS @ Entegra and they say the door is pulled in at the top by a pull down latch that operates after you put it in drive.
This is hard to troubleshoot because you need to be moving to check it. Has anyone had any similar trouble or advice?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2012, 11:08 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Mine developed a pretty good air leak also so I just loosened the 4 screws on the plate on the door frame and moved the plate in and tightened. I moved it just a little bit and it fixed it. The bracket the lock pulls on is plastic and you should be able to see wear marks from the pin locking. I would imagine that if that bracket wears too much, you will have to replace it.
Gary

2017 Cornerstone(All Sold)
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:55 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Actually, it's operated by the parking brake rather than the transmission gear selector. If you pull up on the yellow knob you should be able to hear it click into place (along with the sliding partition doors in the back of the coach). You don't have to be moving but you better chock the wheels or have someone else sit in the seat with their foot on the brake pedal to prevent it from rolling.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:48 AM   #4

Just got ours back from the dealer for some warranty issues & entry door air leak was one of them. The repair order says "adjusted entry door & added piece of seal to the top of door". Haven't taken it out yet to test, but I am assuming it is fixed.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:26 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer
...click into place (along with the sliding partition doors in the back of the coach).
I didn't know that it affected the pocket doors as well. I guess I've always been at the helm when the parking brake is off. I'll have to get DW to check this out
Jeff
La-Z-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:47 PM   #6

Yes, the pocket doors have a rubber snubber that activates with the release of the parking brake to keep them in place during travel, a really handy feature that is far better than the Travel Supreme without them.
Ann n Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene
Yes, the pocket doors have a rubber snubber that activates with the release of the parking brake to keep them in place during travel, a really handy feature that is far better than the Travel Supreme without them.
I guess I have the TS without that feature. But, I don't understand what you mean about them staying in place during travel. Mine dont move unless the button is pushed to open/close; traveling or in place. They will only move when told to. Even have their own air compressor in the basement to keep pressure on/off of them when camping. Hmmm...
Jeff
Old 04-11-2012, 02:28 PM   #8

Jeff, your Select has a similar system to the new Entegra system. That system does in fact keep the doors in place but was only available on the Select and Select Limited, all other Travel Supremes had little to hold the doors in place except a positive manual latch that you could latch the pocket doors open for travel, no such latch on the wardrobe so they tend to bang in and out.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:48 PM   #9

Oh I see, that's great for me!!!
I'll tell you, I am loving this coach more than I ever thought I would... I've just gotta come up with a better line when I'm getting fuel or camping, and people stop me and ask, "Who you got in there??"
Jeff
Old 04-11-2012, 03:38 PM   #10

Jeff, yep, you got the best of the best for sure. Those are great coaches and we loved ours. Just answer them "Well......I COULD tell you, but then I would have to kill you" at which point you just smile and walk off. All just my opinion.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:21 AM   #11

Ann and Jean & La-Z-Boy,
I was having the same problems with main door and slider locks. It turned out to be a leaking air celenoid located on the firewall where the Gen is. There are two the upper controls the air going to the slider lock celenoids and the main door air lock sliding locks. You can see if they are working with main door open. Release air brake and you can see the main door locks slide up. You can have your partner shock the sliders for you. You can hear the slider locks engage. Sometimes the rubber cap on the slider celenoids comes off causing door lock to fail. Reglue the rubber cap. If the celenoid on the fire wall is leaking or low pressure both problems will exist.
Ruffin1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:34 PM   #12

Mine leaked until I replaced the nylon bracket located at the top of the door. Had a small crack in it
Old 11-10-2012, 11:51 AM   #13

We have had our Entegra Anthem for 6 weeks and have literally had it in the shop every week for one thing or another. The major thing was that the wrong size wheel bearings were installed on the drivers side front wheel! It was 1/2 inch too big and the whole tire was wobbling! Entegra had to replace both front tires, wheel bearings and disc brakes right off the bat. We have had the normal minor break in issues - that were really not expected with the quality of this coach. Our dealer kept it for a week to work on a long list of things that needed to be addressed - one of which was loud wind noise on the entry door. They said they "adjusted" it but that did not help at all - we are driving down the road now and it is as loud if not louder. We will be calling Entegra Monday to see what else can be done. I guess we are just going to have to make a special trip to Entegra to get this thing gone over better. Other than that - absolutely love our new wheels!
Old 11-10-2012, 12:11 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
That wheel issue sounds crazy!! You would think the person that drove your rig to the dealer from Entegra would have noticed!
The other small issues are just part of a new rig, no matter whose it is or how much it costs. If you don't have a dealer with a good service dept., you may need to go to Entegra. Adjusting the door seal is a simple job. It's 5 minutes of adjustments and 30 minutes of road testing to make sure your adjustment took care of it and there isn't a more serious issue(which there probably isn't).

2017 Cornerstone(All Sold)
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, seal