Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2012, 06:37 PM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaridge View Post
i love the pictures! How organized were the work spaces? Did you feel the workers were doing things in a careful manner? You obviously took a great seat of time there. I wonder if they are rushing things now that they are so back ordered. I want to order an Anthem but having had other quality control issues with my previous bus I worry about the quality control at Entegra. How was your personal experience? I thank you for posting so many photos.
LINDA
I've never been to the Tiffin factory so I have nothing to compare to. I will say that we didnt feel the workers were rushing to get the work done so the coach could be moved to the next station. At Entegra the coach doesn't move until the works complete. Our tour guide, Tadd Jenkins, told us that his Amish workers are all about quality work and won't do a shoddy job. That's part of why only two coaches come out the end each day - that's 10 coaches a week. Do things slip by? Of course they do because no one is perfect. But we are not hearing about all the problems Tiffin are having.

I'd you see the reviews that CRUZER has done of Entegra? If not, let us know and we will get you the links.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2012, 09:32 AM   #30

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Visited both Red Bay and Middlebury last week, plus we've driven both the Allegro Bus 43 and the Anthem 42. Cruzer has done a great series of manufacturer evaluations, but here's a few of our own observations:
Driving
- Tag axle is the way to go. Tracks down the road without the pitching of a single rear axle unit. (Tiffin/Entegra equal)
- Entegra was just as advertized, very quiet. By comparison, the Tiffin coach creaked and groaned ... not only distracting, but it would be tiring on a long journey. (Advantage: Entegra)
- Driving position. Entegra's sloping dash and mirror position made for a clean visual sweep for situational awareness. Tiffin's flat dash limits forward view, but you get a handy navigator's slideout worktop, and the mirrors are not quite as instinctive. (Advantage: Entegra)
- Overall fit and finish. I couldn't find anything wrong with the Entegra, which had just arrived from the factory. The Tiffin had numerous interior items (interior slide trim, etc) that needed addressing. (Advantage: Entegra)
Manufacture
- Chassis. Tiffin use a number of different chassis manufacturers, plus their own powerglide. Lots of back and forth about what coach gets which chassis, even our tour guide was confused. Entegra is easy, they're all Spartan. (Advantage: Entegra)
- Production changes. Tiffin innovates on the fly, they'll build a few units with a different slide design, etc then see how they hold up. Entegra is all about only changing with the model year, excellent configuration control. (Advantage: Entegra)
- Electrical systems. These are complicated products, the integration of hundreds of different systems, mostly electrically powered. Tiffin identifies every wire with its code and application, along the length of the wire, plus they build the harness on a rig. This make trouble shooting and modifications down the road so much easier. No similar marking process at Entegra. (Advantage: Tiffin)
- Roof structure. The Tiffin roof is a flat aluminum frame bonded into the roof panel. Entegra builds theirs with real trusses, 12 inch spacing or less, reduces roof flex and way better load capability. (Advantage: Entegra)
- Tiled floor. The Tiffin floor arrives as a pre-laid assembly, the cabinets and everything else are installed over the top of it. Entegra lay their tiles up to the installed cabinets, tile laying is done on the coach. Less chance for noise from the cabinets on the tile, easier to replace any broken tiles. (Advantage: Entegra)
- Cabinets. Both manufacturers do an excellent job of the millwork. Entegra does add compression balls into their door panels to stop and rattling with the inevitable shrinking and expanding. (Tiffin/Entegra equal)
- CCC. We almost missed this ... Tiffin coaches waiting in the lot for weight redistribution! The LH and RH weights were out by hundreds of pounds in some cases. They fix it by adding steel plates as weights to equalize out the axle. How much does this eat into the coach/axle CCC? Entegra said their weights are within 20 pounds, right off the line, no balancing required. (Advantage: Entegra)

These are our major take-aways. You can probably see where we're leaning! That being said, both manufacturers build a good product and inevitably the decision ends up having issues like floorplan and features taken into account.

Old 10-07-2012, 02:48 PM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
Nice review. Saw nothing that would make us second guess our decision. Thanks for taking the time to review what you experienced.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:10 AM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thanks - we're also zeroing in on the 42DEQ!
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
NCRog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:26 AM   #33

Roger, thanks for the comparisons. I think your observations coupled with Cruzer's gives a pretty good perspective of the two brands. I think anyone who is considering a Tiffin should check out the Tiffinrvnetwork and monitor the posts on there. The posts on that forum give a pretty good indication of the problems that Tiffin is having.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:06 AM   #34

When I visited Red Bay a few years ago, I was disappointed to see workers taking naps inside the coaches being built - while our tour group entered the units! There was also lots of food and drinks inside the coaches as they would eat lunch during our tour. It was not a very professional sight.
rvguy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:14 PM   #35

Entegra Owners Club
Haven't driven them, but I thought at Hershey Show, the value (cost versus value and extras delivered) favored the Anthem heavily over the Allegro Bus, IMO. And, RVOne was great to work with on the sale side...can only hope that delivery will be equally impressive. All pints to Entegra meeting expectations as well.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:42 PM   #36

I can also add that not only is the Entegra a better value than what the Tiffins appeared to be, there is a huge difference between the two dealers representing each brand at Hershey. RVone has been great to deal with in all respects. Tiffin was represented by Colton RV. Colton has a less than stellar reputation.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:35 PM   #37

Roger, great review. Thanks for posting your experiences, they are really a valuable contribution to the forum. Man, that adding steel weights to balance the load tells me all I need to know about a Tiffin, can not imagine any competent engineer using that method to fix a basic problem, wow, talk about cutting corners!
Thanks again.
Ann n Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:48 AM   #38

Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Roger

Liked what I read in your post it confirms what my wife and I and discussed and with luck will make the move from the 5er to the Entegra
Old 10-14-2012, 09:56 AM   #39

Entegra Owners Club
Stopped in at a NJ dealership with an 2013 Aspire DEQ on site and did a full walkthrough with a tape measure to get DEQ drawer dimensions (storage space), wall space (for your own decoratives if you have them), and floor dimensions (for carpets). Should be good for any Anthem or Aspire DEQ if you're interested. Probably works for many of the areas from kitchen to the back for the other Anthem and Aspire single bath models.

If you're interested, send me a message.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:33 AM   #40

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Here's an update to my earlier posts on this forum ... the Airstream is sold, we're still looking at DPs, but the decision is getting very, very close ... maybe just hours away. We have agonized over every single design, manufacture, layout and price difference between the Anthem and Allegro Bus. Up to a week ago, I would have said the 42DEQ would have won, almost no contest ... then we saw and drove the Allegro Bus 45LP! The layout, colors and finishes clicked with us, at the emotional level, so it has been back to the drawing board. We have pages and pages of pros and cons against our list of priorities, we've scoured these forum posts for feedback, even thrown the Cornerstone and Zephyr into the mix. The result? Two great manufacturers, building great products - they both have in-service issues, we can live with that, in many cases the trade-off became a question of what is "good enough". At the end of the day you need to live in the layout and own a coach where driving it is another pleasurable part of the experience. We might have to eat our words, because Tiffin's 45LP is still at the front of the pack. Stay tuned.
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
NCRog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:47 AM   #41

Entegra Owners Club
I really liked the comparisons, but I do have one disagreement (at least on our rig). Our front side to side weights are 1075 pounds heavy on the right. Jacob at customer service told me that they tend to be right side heavy. We do not have the fireplace (on the left in our model), but I think this weight split is excessive.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:58 AM   #42

The misses and I are heading to Middlebury at the end of March for our Entegra factory tour and we'll see if we can add some more pics and descriptions to this already great thread. If anyone has a request for a pic let me know and I'll do the best I can.

Whatnobeer is offline   Reply With Quote