Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-11-2015, 05:40 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Entegra factory service - Didn't know, extended warranties

We have spent all week at Entegra fixing various bug items. The repair folks treated us well and do good work. Something I didn't know is our service representative said we could come back anytime in the two year warranty period and post warranty they of course can be booked to do service for payment. They also accept extended warranty plans.....If you need.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2015, 07:07 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Interesting! I though the factory service was a one shot deal. Maybe with the larger building they can handle more warranty and non warranty work. Nice to have the option to go there after the warranty expires.
Jersimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 07:17 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
That is nice to know, thank you for that information. That brought back a memory. We took the Travel Supreme in after warranty for some items we wanted added. While we were there they also did some PDI updates to our coach at no charge. That is one of the reason I stayed with the people from Travel Supreme.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 08:56 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
That is great news about the after warranty service. An annual trip back to Middlebury would be a 2000 mile round trip for me but certainly worth it to get proper service. I will certainly be doing that.
Jerry0312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 01:08 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
As we consider which tag axle coach mfr for a new coach this year, this is good to hear that owners have the option to take coach to factory for service.

Our experience trying to get quality, correct service with a national dealership chain that sells WBG was disappointing, and sometimes MH there for 1-3 months waiting for service to be completed.

We chose to drive 600 miles one-way to Forest City, IA for factory service. Wow! What a difference..more knowledgeable, more customer oriented.

We met other WBG owners there who told us they go to factory 1x yr for routine WBG/Itasca maintenance. All WBG/Itasca MH product's warranty, including extended warranty, can be accomodated with a service appointment at Forest City. FWIW we also prefer to go to the factory so only the "best trained" person will service our MH.

We want that same option to make appt and have factory service in any new MH purchase. If we were told factory service was not available except 1x near end of two-yr warranty? Or that after warranty, extended service appt not available? It would instantly remove that mfr from our list to consider for new MH purchase.

YMMV

Safe travels to all
BeHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 05:40 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
I was somewhat surprised by the amount of non-warranty service work that was done at Entegra this week. One couple had a 2013 out of warranty Entegra and paid for a large amount of service work. Another guy had his routine oil change done while they did warranty work. Yet another couple had two of the Spartan recall repairs done. I guess since you have to pay somebody why not pay the guys who do it every day and have all the parts on site. What I liked was how each day the service advisor went completely thru what was done to your coach vs most places that say "there's your RV, pay me"

I arranged for annual Aqua Hot servicing while the Aqua hot guy was doing some warranty repairs (pump recall).
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 06:23 AM   #7

Entegra factory service - Didn't know, extended warranties

It's simply a good business model. If you have the resources and time, and a captive and loyal customer base, a bit of positive cash flow to raise the negative value of an expense line called "warranty" on the P&L is genius!
Warranties are not so costly that way. Maybe even a bit of revenue gain?
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service