Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2013, 04:24 AM   #1

Entegra Factory Tour 4/5

Tomorrow is our factory tour and we can't wait. We're driving up in the morning having breakfast and then touring. The misses is really excited as she is usually not the "build" type person but the "finished product" type. She really wants to see how these babies are made. Like other posters we hope to have pictures and I think RISCKY asked us to get a picture of their rig if we can find it.
Whatnobeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2013, 05:45 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
While you are looking at the coaches under construction, could you look to see if there is any pathway in the ceiling to pull a wire from the rear of the coach to the front?

Thanks and have a good tour.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:12 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
While you are looking at the coaches under construction, could you look to see if there is any pathway in the ceiling to pull a wire from the rear of the coach to the front?

Hi Marc...Yes sir I will. What type of cable or gauge of wire so I know how big of a space to look for?
Old 04-04-2013, 07:50 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Cables and wires

I'd be interested to know three things if you get a chance to see/ask....

1. What pressure do they test the water system for leaks? The question leads to what max pressure am I safe to run a regulator without risk of leaks?

2. Can you spot how the video cables run out of the fireplace area if you see a DEQ floor plan ? I'd like to run some other cables but I don't have a good idea how to go from the back of the cabinet to wherever they exit the slide.

3. Similar question about cabling. Can you spy if they are pre-wiring or how to cable up to the roof for a Winegard Travlr antenna?

If you can't see this stuff, no biggie, just say hi and enjoy.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:49 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
RG6 and/or Cat5
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:46 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post

1. What pressure do they test the water system for leaks? The question leads to what max pressure am I safe to run a regulator without risk of leaks?

2. Can you spot how the video cables run out of the fireplace area if you see a DEQ floor plan ? I'd like to run some other cables but I don't have a good idea how to go from the back of the cabinet to wherever they exit the slide.

3. Similar question about cabling. Can you spy if they are pre-wiring or how to cable up to the roof for a Winegard Travlr antenna?

Hi Dave...I'm going to print this page and carry it with me. I'll take notes and ask questions. Worse they can say is we don't know? I've run many cables in my life so I've got a good idea how to route a few things.
Marc...Same for you.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:30 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post

From what I saw you can do this but...you will need a strong fish tape to push it through all the insulation they use. There are pockets to work it through but it will be a chore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post

A. 100lbs PSI with just air and no appliances
B. 48lbs PSI with just air and the appliances installed
c. 30lbs PSI with water and everything attached.

They said the easiest way to check cables is to remove the fireplace and look in the space behind it. He said there are 4 screws and the fireplace should come out with easy access to everything you need.

There are a lot of openings in the roof to get inside the coach. The problem is finding them from inside the coach with all the insulation they use in the roof/ceiling.

I also noticed the tire sizes of the various coaches just to see what they are using. Here's a rundown:

Cornerstone's- 315's all the way around
Anthem's- Same as above
Aspire's- 295's on the front and 275's on the all the rears. I know someone else had mentioned 295's all the way around but I couldn't find an Aspire that had that.

I met Heather, Joyce and Nate (tour guide). Everyone there was great and answered all of our questions the best they could. I was very impressed with the build quality and how they don't short cut anything.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:35 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Tour

Thanks for the info!
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:39 AM   #9

Sounds like a fun day!
CoreyinWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:07 AM   #10

Anthem's 315's all the way around ???

Mine has 315's on the front and 295's on the back. I picked up my coach 9/5/13 so I wonder when they changed this
iquailhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:42 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
I picked my Anthem up on 3/19 this year - 315's Front and 295's in back so it must be a recent change.

Only 30 lbs. pressure on the water test? That seems really low. Another T-Manufacturer uses 85 or 100 as I recall
Old 04-08-2013, 08:51 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by iquailhunter View Post
Anthem's 315's all the way around ???

Mine has 315's on the front and 295's on the back. I picked up my coach 9/5/13 so I wonder when they changed this

Not sure. I asked about that and they said all the Cornerstones and Anthems had them. So I'm not sure.

I will say they had a nice stockpile of everything there. They showed us the new addition to the plant and it's huge. They were getting ready to start smoothing the floor for concrete work. Nate said the addition will be done just in time to start up after the July shutdown. They said capacity should double (instead of 2 starter chassis' they can do 4) and they have the orders to back it up. So rest assured Entegra will be in business for awhile.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:58 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltydog44 View Post
I picked my Anthem up on 3/19 this year - 315's Front and 295's in back so it must be a recent change.

Only 30 lbs. pressure on the water test? That seems really low. Another T-Manufacturer uses 85 or 100 as I recall
One of their engineers came out and explained it to me since I had that specific question. I wrote it down to make sure I had the right specs.
I would think though if you put 100lbs through it even with air, you would find a leak or soft spot.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:26 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Our Aspire (delivered in September 2012) had 295's all the way around, but we opted for the IFS. With the recall, we now have 315's in front.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote