Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-27-2017, 05:40 AM   #57

Yes the generator cover was taken off. I have not consulted with an attorney or professional adjuster yet because we don't have a estimate yet to determine if they plan to fix or total. I'm told insurance company is not going to do anything until the damage has been determined, which is certainly understandable.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-27-2017, 06:01 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorrick View Post
Yes the generator cover was taken off. I have not consulted with an attorney or professional adjuster yet because we don't have a estimate yet to determine if they plan to fix or total. I'm told insurance company is not going to do anything until the damage has been determined, which is certainly understandable.
Waiting to determine the cost of repair before deciding whether to total IS certainly understandable, but dragging their feet GETTING that cost of repair is NOT understandable, nor is it acceptable in my book. It doesn't sound like they really have a clear plan of action, and whomever is "overseeing" your claim apparently doesn't understand the vehicle that they insured either.

It's coming up on 4 weeks since the claim was initiated and Progressive still doesn't have an estimate of repairs. The longer the coach sits without remedial action, the less likely that any actions they accomplish will successfully be able to return the coach to the condition it was in before the loss.

Also, as a side note, if the time between you reporting the claim, and actually getting a cost of repair is excessive due to their poor planning (which I believe it is) is time that you should be able to get reimbursed on your policy premiums since the delay is due to their mistakes (like coordinating the incorrect tow truck).

I would highly encourage that you start a file with your State Office of the Insurance Commissioner. It doesn't have the same negative affect as retaining a private attorney, which often totally stops the claim process, but it puts the insurance company on notice that there is someone "official" keeping tabs on the claim process. Oh, and if that "someone" is the State Insurance Commissioners Office, they just so happen to be the people who approve or disapprove an insurance companies ability to sell policies in your state! I've used them to very affect in the past, both in North Carolina, and in Kentucky. You pay taxes to support them, now is the time for THEM to support YOU!
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 09:30 AM   #59

Entegra Owners Club
Scot is saying pretty much what I was thinking. You mentioned you did not have loss of use coverage, so it makes no difference to the insurance company how long it takes for them to get an estimate completed. I don't know if you have a loan or not, but it's still money our of your pocket for loss of use, it is a holiday weekend and you can't use your MH, and the insurance company has no motivation. An Independent Representative can start creating a motivation.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 06:26 AM   #60

Finally heard from insurance company concerning our flooded coach. Took 2 months but they have totaled it. Jeremy at Entegra and spartan estimated repairs at the factory to be over $250,000. Progressive stepped up and did what was right. Thanks to everyone that provided insight to potential problems and suggestions on getting the coach totaled. Thankful the coach was towed to factory for a full evaluation or it may not of been totaled.
Old 07-08-2017, 06:29 AM   #61

Quote:
Finally heard from insurance company concerning our flooded coach. Took 2 months but they have totaled it. Jeremy at Entegra and spartan estimated repairs at the factory to be over $250,000. Progressive stepped up and did what was right. Thanks to everyone that provided insight to potential problems and suggestions on getting the coach totaled. Thankful the coach was towed to factory for a full evaluation or it may not of been totaled.
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 11:36 AM   #62

Entegra Owners Club
Glad to see a fair and decent outcome to this long ordeal.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 12:14 PM   #63

Hope you had replacement coverage. If so get a new one and get back on the road.
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 12:44 PM   #64

The right occurred, just sad that it took what seems to be a long process to complete, but I guess in fairness to all involved, these things take time.
EVsCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 04:25 PM   #65

Actually I did have replacement coverage. For once insurance really paid off. Just bought a 16' 45B cornerstone at NIRVC. Got great recommendations from this forum and they were right. So far great people. Pick up next weekend
Old 07-08-2017, 04:28 PM   #66
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you for the update they are important for those who may do a search of the subject in the future.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 05:40 PM   #67

It was an ill wind that blew in the storm that caused the flood that led to the Aspire ---> Cornerstone upgrade. Good for you - enjoy the ride.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 06:12 PM   #68

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Actually I did have replacement coverage. For once insurance really paid off. Just bought a 16' 45B cornerstone at NIRVC. Got great recommendations from this forum and they were right. So far great people. Pick up next weekend
Thanks for the update Rick. I was going to ask at the factory next week what happened with your coach. Glad to hear the Aspire was totaled and the replacement worked out.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 09:40 PM   #69

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Nice! Congrats on the new coach.
UncleJamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 04:30 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVsCoach View Post
Salvage everything above the waterline and hand the keys to the adjuster and shop for a new one.
I agree 100%
valland is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra