Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-14-2016, 06:05 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Marc is correct. Being from Colorado and seeing all of the emergency truck ramps on every pass is a reminder how serious brake glazing is. Buy the switch and be safe
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-14-2016, 08:08 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Back to the OP asking about parts. If you ever find yourself in need of a part, many here have replaced or shopped for parts, so there are posts relating to that. Most recently was Wiper Blades and the best source,(the TRICO site was a good tip for me) and upgrading the Jake Brake Switch. Why wait 5 weeks from Entegra when the switch is $20 and delivered in a couple of days. A search here first may find the best price and place for parts without spending a day searching the internet.

I replaced all of my running and clearance lights just for better quality after a couple burnt out. I had them all in less than 5 days. I posted that link as did BigmoneySR when we found the best quality and price if others wanted to update.

Chuck,
I looked back thru the post on the Jake Brake switch and could not identify the source for the 20$ switch? I'd like to get one ordered and not have to wait weeks to get it.

Mark
MxChief66-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 12:49 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MxChief66-1 View Post
Chuck,
I looked back thru the post on the Jake Brake switch and could not identify the source for the 20$ switch? I'd like to get one ordered and not have to wait weeks to get it.

Mark
Here one at $25 and I believe that is the paddle switch.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/retr...ml#post3368664

Check with Rob, he has lot's of connections for those parts.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/retr...ml#post3368735

I'll see if I can find the post for the regular switch that I have for $20. Someone posted a while back for the red flat switched for $20. I picked mine up at Entegra.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 01:14 PM   #18

As an ex Monaco Dynasty owner and member of the Monaco Owners Association, let me mention that they did something that I thought was brilliant and someone needs to undertake on here...

The Monaco users group maintained a user group generated list of OEM parts by year of coach (the little things (switches) as well as the big things (AH nozzles, AH pumps etc.). If you wanted to replace the Jake Brake switch, you could look it up for a 2005 Dynasty, and if anyone had had to replace it before, the list showed that it was made by Company X, was a 6 pin SPDT switch (for example) and the part number for a direct replacement. All you had to do was Google that company and the part number, and at worst, you bought it from the company usually at MSRP (the bad part), but it was quick and exact, or you bought it from a supplier/distributor for a substantial discount either from Monaco or from a dealer. Owners reported their knowledge and specific parts "finds" to someone and that someone published a periodically updated list a couple of times a year.

John.... if you had to do it all over again, I would have pulled the switch, gotten the manufacturer and the exact part number written on the switch and then ordered it from someone else for nickles and dimes compared to the process of getting a small part like that from Middlebury.

However, the time to get parts has been, and continues to be, a problem in Middlebury. I have been told by people who work there and also middle management that there is a turf issue at Jayco/Entegra and although people are not happy with how this is handled within the Entegra division, parts is a Jayco division and we, and our dealers, get the same service the $40,000 pull behinds get. Sorry, I know that sounds like a slam against towables, but I can't think of a better way to say it....

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 01:36 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Here one at $25 and I believe that is the paddle switch.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/retr...ml#post3368664

Check with Rob, he has lot's of connections for those parts.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/retr...ml#post3368735

I'll see if I can find the post for the regular switch that I have for $20. Someone posted a while back for the red flat switched for $20. I picked mine up at Entegra.

Disregard Chuck, I thought you were referring to a paddle switch that you got for $20 in a couple days.

I've attempted to reach my dealer parts dept using the p/n John posted, and can't get them to answer phone or return calls. I also didn't want to wait 4 weeks.
MxChief66-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 05:10 PM   #20

I like the idea of a parts list, I know someone does that for the Newmar folk as well.

Gary, I looked high and low in retail circles and cannot find the exact switch. I have a background in electrical stuff and specifically Carling switch info, can break down part numbers, etc. I flat couldn't find the specific switch we are looking for, only source I know is Entegra, who has their own parts numbering system that doesn't look anything like the manufacturer. If someone finds it, that's great info, I'd like to know.
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 07:37 PM   #21

John

I think that it is a good information..... if I could ever get on top of the repairs to my S&B and my coach, and had a few hours that I didn't know what to do with and needed to fill up, I would offer to start something.

Interesting that you would bring up Carling.... I needed to replace some lighted switches on my Monaco to indicate that my inverters were turned on and inverting and I had a heck of a time finding the switch, and then found Carling, and there they sat, big as life. On line order a few minutes later and they were on the way to me.

Good luck in getting the part.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 02:40 AM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Ditto what Gary said. As a former Monaco owner those Monaco groups did a great job compiling information on parts and sharing it. Not saying that Entegra will meet the same demise as Monaco, which required owners to source things themselves, but we as a group might consider accumulating data and migrating it to a central location.

The Yahoo groups "Monacoers" is a good start to emulate.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 08:39 AM   #23

Thanks to all of you for the input. I will not let parts concerns be a factor in selecting my next coach. One other question. I am looking for a 2-3 year old motorhome. Did Entegra have QC issues just in 2013 or did it go into 2014 also?
jlazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 11:52 AM   #24

It was the last half of 13 and the first half of 14. I have a Tad-less 14 coach, came across lots of issues, Entegra worked hard to correct them, and now the coach is solid, no issues.
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra, parts