Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-11-2017, 09:44 AM   #1

Entegra Macerator Hose Questions

I have been routing my macerator discharge hose out the small locking door on the side of the coach. This is a little unsightly and awkward looking. Now I am having curtain style wheel covers made and they will cover this door. Does anyone route the hose through the hole that the macerator/sewerline connector sits in during travel. Do you disconnect and reconnect the fitting each time or have you found a better way to remove and replace this fitting?

I also recall reading that one owner found a way to burp his discharge line and get rid of retained water/waste by adding a bleed valve to introduce air into the line. I cannot seem to find what was done and if anyone knows how to do this best I would appreciate some instruction.

We are on our first several month long trip in our Entegra and truly loving this life style. We just continue to learn more each and every day.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-11-2017, 10:18 AM   #2

On our 2017 cornerstone we have a round cap in the back that I take the cap off and route the hose down through it so the door can be closed.When the cap is removed I cut a piece of pipe insulation and press it around the opening to cushion the hose.I have had the breaking of the hose problem.Entegra sent me the new hose design and I believe this is the final fix for the problem. I also added a 6" clear section to the hose so that you can see when the tank is running clear.
Old 01-11-2017, 11:27 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Think they only started putting that large hole in 2017's Clayton.
Ready2Travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 01:08 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

I've seen the new hose and looked at it carefully. It is covered with a cloth braid shield that is held to the hose ends by a nylon cable tie. After peeling back one of the ties I examined the hose. It doesn't look any different than the original hose. The cover may protect the hose from abrasion but I don' think it will eliminate any cracking/leaking from flex in the hose when it gets that first shot of "stuff" from the macerator.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 04:29 PM   #5

It's good to know that they are trying to make the hose issue better. But the cover over the same hose just sounds like a bandaid for the problem. I'm expecting my second hose to fail any time now. If the braided cover contains the spillage of the "stuff", that will be an improvement.
Tall Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 04:26 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACPC View Post
I have been routing my macerator discharge hose out the small locking door on the side of the coach. This is a little unsightly and awkward looking. Now I am having curtain style wheel covers made and they will cover this door. Does anyone route the hose through the hole that the macerator/sewerline connector sits in during travel. Do you disconnect and reconnect the fitting each time or have you found a better way to remove and replace this fitting?

I also recall reading that one owner found a way to burp his discharge line and get rid of retained water/waste by adding a bleed valve to introduce air into the line. I cannot seem to find what was done and if anyone knows how to do this best I would appreciate some instruction.

We are on our first several month long trip in our Entegra and truly loving this life style. We just continue to learn more each and every day.
usually just walk the dog and hold up until I hear the vacuum cuts loose.
Mostly will keep gray tank emptied, or if starts to build, I do again.

question please, is Entegra sending out new hoses when asked for?
this is a 17 RBQ early build, hole added by dealer......
Jactravlusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 09:28 AM   #7

I received a Technical Service Bulletin this week saying Entegra will replace our hose under warranty.

Does anyone know the length of the hose on the 17 Aspire? And does anyone carry a traditional sewer hose in case they can't reach a CG sewer with the Macerator?
McGarrett50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:21 AM   #8

The stock hose is 21' on the 2017 Aspire.

I've completely replumbed my system after the pump outlet gate valve. My system now makes a 90 degree turn down through the deck and outside. I use a garden hose and it works great.

Initially, I thought it would restrict flow, but over the last weekend we spent 4 days in it and it worked fantastically. I carry a specially colored garden hose stored inside the old hose storage bay.

-Matt
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0012.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	277.6 KB
ID:	152670  
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:48 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post
I've seen the new hose and looked at it carefully. It is covered with a cloth braid shield that is held to the hose ends by a nylon cable tie. After peeling back one of the ties I examined the hose. It doesn't look any different than the original hose. The cover may protect the hose from abrasion but I don' think it will eliminate any cracking/leaking from flex in the hose when it gets that first shot of "stuff" from the macerator.
The 2018 spec on the Sanicon hose says that it has a quick connect coupling.

Did you re-engineer your coupling or have standard Entegra parts, and if standard have you been retrofitted with the new coupling as part of TSB #17-004??
classicalgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:52 PM   #10

Hi Greg, my conversion is composed of typical PVC fittings.

I performed this work long before the TSB, and at the time a new hose was not yet completed.

I may see if CS will send me the new hose to try out.

One nice thing about my solution, is the ability to leave the gray valve open.

-Matt
Old 02-22-2017, 11:45 PM   #11

whaat ever works

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGarrett50 View Post
I received a Technical Service Bulletin this week saying Entegra will replace our hose under warranty.

Does anyone know the length of the hose on the 17 Aspire? And does anyone carry a traditional sewer hose in case they can't reach a CG sewer with the Macerator?
20 feet

I use the stinky slinky any time I park for more than a few days. As I read in this forum in the past, you have to do the "downward dog" to hook it up but the exercise is good for me.

Sure like our coach and CS
HouseDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 05:15 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
The stock hose is 21' on the 2017 Aspire.
I use a garden hose and it works great.

Initially, I thought it would restrict flow, but over the last weekend we spent 4 days in it and it worked fantastically. I carry a specially colored garden hose stored inside the old hose storage bay.

-Matt
I use my home built Macerator yesterday for the first time while driveway camping using an Ace Hardware 3/4 inch garden hose. I was surprise how fast it emptied both full tanks.

I believe Matt has found the solution to the bad hose problem. Even if it took 30 seconds longer....how long has it taken to clean up sewage spills from ruptured hoses?

I did have to change the factory hose end as it leaked at the swivel under the pressure of the pump. I used a good brass clamp on end from Lowe's and wrapped it with Teflon tape for a tight fit and used a better hose clamp.

After trying it yesterday, I think Matt has found the hose solution fix. Just the opinion of a Classic owner
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 07:27 AM   #13

Nor'easters Club
When I was at the factory, cornerstones in production Had a macerator connection similar to matts, under the wet bay, but just the pipe was there at that point in production. My guess that will be the quick connect point.
ditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 07:42 AM   #14

I wish I could take the creative credit, but I actually just copied another member's idea.

-Matt

Tags
ace, entegra