Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2018, 11:56 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Entegra Owners Association Ficial Responsibility

I have read the current and previous issues of the publication “Rollin’ Along” which has provides interesting information. However, it is missing, in my opinion important information for all the membership. The only issue which provided any report from the Treasury was June 2017 and this report was very vague. I had spoken to Pat Bauer previously about a need for accountability and transparency to the membership. Keep in mind the balance at the beginning of the years was probably over $40,000. The Jan 2018 “Rollin’ Along” did not have a Treasurer report but stated “Treasurer report omitted due to error! Bookmark not defined”.

I suggested, at the Board meeting, a discussion in the following areas:

A. Reporting procedures to the membership to insure financial transparency.
B. Reporting procedures and frequency of the financial state of the Association to the Board.
C. Internal control and accountability measures.
D. Establish the financial vision of the Association.
E. Establish an annual budget.

The above may sound difficult to some but it really is not that hard. It will insure the Association maintains sound fiscal standing.

Ray
rorr1821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2018, 01:27 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Sounds like you are volunteering for Treasurer!!! But, really ... if I remember correctly (and I'm getting old, so might not) ... the dues are $20 per year. You pay almost that much for a meal in a fast food restaurant. I wouldn't really worry about it.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 01:32 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
For my $20. a year the volunteers may do what they wish with it.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 01:40 PM   #4

I can understand the lack of concern over what may seem like an insignificant sum but I would be concerned regarding the tax reporting and implications. I wouldn't want to see the organization lose its tax exempt status over some failure to report situations.

By the way, how long does it take to get the info on the group? I bought my coach in April and haven't heard a thing from the owners group or from Coachnet. It was my understanding that membership in both was automatic and I have heard nothing so far. Just curious as to timing.
Old 05-16-2018, 02:15 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
I can understand the lack of concern over what may seem like an insignificant sum but I would be concerned regarding the tax reporting and implications. I wouldn't want to see the organization lose its tax exempt status over some failure to report situations.

By the way, how long does it take to get the info on the group? I bought my coach in April and haven't heard a thing from the owners group or from Coachnet. It was my understanding that membership in both was automatic and I have heard nothing so far. Just curious as to timing.
Go here and click on the membership tab and then Join Us .... think that might be the answer. Entegra Coach Owners Association - Home
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 03:04 PM   #6

You membership is paid the first year by Entegra. Other than the web site, the newsletter, and the rallies that they sponsor, there is not much else.

Entegra reports your information to ECOA and they then should add you to the list.... but as Lynn says, be sure and go to entegraowners.com and sign in/register.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 07:14 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
For my $20. a year the volunteers may do what they wish with it.
Chuck, I'm with you.

I spend more than that on a bottle of wine somewhat more frequently than once a year. I'm not especially concerned about or interested in financial reports from the folks running the winery.
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 07:50 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post

I also never heard anything from CoachNet except that at some point I did get a membership number
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 09:30 PM   #9

I wouldn’t loose much sleep over this
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 12:17 AM   #10

Associations usually all have one thing in common; to bring a group of like minded folks together for a common goal or objective. The person at the helm will most likely always be the subject of scrutiny, along with the treasurer. You will always have naysayers and members trying to tear you down from within and you can’t please them all, and nor should you. I’m not a current member, but did join for one year and when I contacted the president about when my check would be cashed and if I would receive further info he said he would check on it for me. The check was cashed a few months later and I never heard anything further from the ECOA. I opted to not renew. A friend passed on the news letter today and I found it very informative; nicely done. I hear those in the previous posts that say not to worry, money doesn’t matter, etc. But I beg to differ, especially when money and accountability, or lack there of is involved. As a prior president of an association I was tasked with bringing criminal charges against a member of our board for numerous wrongdoings concerning our association. I am not, nor would I make any inference about this association. But after reading the comments and a few monetary items in the newsletter, it brings back memories of how the best intentions can quickly begin to go south. If the concerns that started these postings are incorporated and addressed in bylaws of the association, and made transparent, there should be no upsets within the association. I do wish those running the ECOA the best and much success, as a lot of times it is a thankless task you all have undertaken.
EVsCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 07:32 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
The money is not the issue!

This discussion was never about the money and anyone who can not see pass the $20.00 has allowed themselves to be liberalized beyond reason. This discussion is about how an organization needed to run to insure longevity without incurring issues that could be devastating to both the Brand and the membership.

To not be concerned about something now by sticking your head in the sand is not the way I operate. Be proactive and look for solutions rather than try to play catch-up.

Yes I would be open to volunteering and have so expressed that to our leadership.

This is my opinion but I respect the opinion of others.
rorr1821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:27 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Remember that the ECOA staff are all volunteers who have lives beyond the organization. It can take a month or two for the welcome letters to go out - but your membership is probably active. Have you tried to create a sign in on the website? If you can't, give them a little time or email Pat Bauer at wmpbauer@verizon.net. He'll get back to you.

The folks on the Board have planned many rallies, coordinated others, and worked hard to grow our group as the number of Entegra owners have increased. Most of us pay our $20/year and enjoy the fruits of their labor. We appreciate the all that they do to make owning an Entegra even more enjoyable. With 4K Entegras now around and automatic membership for at least a year, it might be time to consider financials. Of course I'm speaking as someone who has been a bean counter for more years than I care to admit. I just hesitate to put any more of a burden on our volunteer group. Maybe it's time for the Board to consider an outside CPA or management firm to handle the money and let our Board members concentrate on planning and execution. I don't think there would be significant fees involved if we only wanted money management and tax forms. And we would have a bonded, insured individual that should resolve any concerns on money handling.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:51 PM   #13

Hmm.... we picked our coach up in October and have never heard a peep from Coach Net. Guess I need to call Entegra about yet another thing.
Old 05-18-2018, 06:17 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
I hope this doesn't happen, but over the years I have seen clubs get started by volunteers as a small fun group. The groups grew so large volunteers could no longer handle it, members all had a different idea how the group should be run and in the end they disbanded.

That is one drawback I see with most lot ownership parks today, nobody can agree and many are in lawsuits. Not how I want to spent my retirement years, so I rent and let other worry about it.

I am honored to be a member of ECOA, but how they run it, I could careless, just the input back to Entegra by coach owner members is fine with me for an Owners Assoc.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra