Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2012, 08:42 PM   #127

I just went back to check the quote I got and it was actually $1850.00 for the solar panels and $4500.00 for the 2nd Girard Awning.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2012, 10:19 AM   #128

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by iquailhunter View Post
Am I missing something here ("wouldn't be the first time"---that was so Gene couldn't say that to me)---but are you talking about the solar panels that are listed in the "build your own coach" on the Entegra site, because if you are they are listed at $2,775.00---Tadd sold me on those with some sales pitch about the refrigerator drawing more elect. so I went for them, but I would not have gone for it for $4,000.00 + dollars!!!!
Here's some really good info on solar panels. May help you decide whether they are really worth it or not.

RV Tech Library - Solar Power Topics

Old 06-26-2012, 10:28 AM   #129

I just shot ne of the reps from Jayco an email requesting additional information on Canadian Standards, Mobile Eye, and Solar Panels (Dual 100-Watt) options.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:17 PM   #130

tdwayne, that $4500 is actually the charge for the UPGRADE to two Girard Nova awnings. They are much nicer awnings and are two stage, they come out and then on the last few feet kick down. This provides more shade and also more wind deflection to make them more stable at a little higher wind speeds. If you do not get this option you do not get the Nova awning on the single awning, just the one that comes out straight from the coach and it is so high you get very little shade. I have amended my order since they have are now offering this option on the Anthem and I have included it. Let us all know what you find out from your email to Entegra.
Ann n Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:56 PM   #131

Still waiting to hear back from Tadd from Entegra, but I did get a confirmation that the new option for the awning is called the Duel Nova Awning option and no longer the "2nd Girard Awning". Once I get his reply I will post it.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:08 AM   #132

Hope it's better than the Girard. The front one broke the first time I started it out. I think it must have been in a bind
Old 06-27-2012, 12:53 PM   #133

Sam, that sounds more like a bad install and not an inherent problem with the Girard awning. I have used mine on numbers occasions and it works great. The problem is it is so high and with very little angle a little wind will cause you to need to close it because of the flapping, besides it does not give a lot of shade being so high. I had mine moved to the lowest setting and that helped a LITTLE. I am anxious to see if the new Girard Duel awnings with the kickback are much more useable ( I really think that they will be from what I have seen and the adjustments available on them). Let us know what you find out when you get the awning problem solved. Was it the dual stage Girard with the kickback feature?
Old 06-27-2012, 08:40 PM   #134

Not sure what kickback is. But it's girards nova integrated dual system. The front arm piece just snapped off when I extended it. Thankful for the invention of the bungee cord
Old 06-29-2012, 09:16 AM   #135

This maybe a dumb question, I noticed that the Aspire has a ladder to access the roof of the unit. However, neither the Anthem nor the Cornerstone as a ladder so how do you guys access the roof?
Old 06-29-2012, 09:22 AM   #136

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdwayne69 View Post
This maybe a dumb question, I noticed that the Aspire has a ladder to access the roof of the unit. However, neither the Anthem nor the Cornerstone as a ladder so how do you guys access the roof?
Didn't I read somewhere that there's a hidden panel in the ceiling? Push a button and it slides open, stairs drop down, climb up to find a small patio with drinks on ice. Best view around.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:45 AM   #137

hum, interesting....now that would work.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:55 PM   #138

My Anthem has a ladder (old coach before the girard awning integration) and I have NEVER been on the roof, nor do I feel like I will ever be. I have the service facility look at it once in a while when it is in for service and advise me if anything needs attention. At my age, I do not have any business up there. However, it would be easy enough to use an extension ladder and get up there is the need/desire ever arises. I too wondered why they took them off and decided it must be because of the piece that goes across the back to tie the awning enclosures together, it is about 6 inches above the roof and I am sure was a fall hazard according to federal regulators that have to give the ok to changes and additions to these vehicles. All just my opinion.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:40 PM   #139

I have collapsible 14' ft ladder that I bought from camping world. I am glad that I had it because when the girard awning broke the system wouldn't retract all the way. I had to get on the roof and put bungee cords around each end. The ladder takes up very little room below.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:40 PM   #140

Ann n Gene,

I like to tinker around to get a firm understanding of how things function and I was just curious why the Anthem and Cornerstone omitted the ladder. Oh yeah, by the way I noticed you live in Stillwater, OK. I was born and raise in Oklahoma City and left in 1989 when I joined the Army.