Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-26-2012, 06:12 AM   #15

I heard of Entegra making some custom changes at the factory i wonder if switching to a queen bed would be possible ?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2012, 01:21 PM   #16

We also very much prefer the queen bed, and hope that it will be possible when we order soon. Hoping they continue to offer more choices going forward.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:41 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve HCI View Post
I heard of Entegra making some custom changes at the factory i wonder if switching to a queen bed would be possible ?
For the 42-44' Anthem's and Aspire's, a Queen bed will not be possible. The frame work for the bedroom side takes a huge portion under the bed as well. Changing to a queen bed, for the small % of customers that ask, would not be worth the re-engineering efforts right now.

Entegra Coach found out the hard way about all the special request items customer's wanted on their coaches. When I was at the factory to look at mine coach being made, I met a guy there that was having 72 items changed on his Aspire. It killed the production line!! Just about every coach on the line including mine was moved back.

I think what might happen instead is, Entegra Coach is working on extending the slide room size for the bedroom. I don't think they are doing a "Full Slide-Room," but I do believe engineering is working on slide room sizes. Giving the impression of a "full slide" but having the added support needed for the frame of the coach. This would make it far easier to make the bed, right.

Rob & Victoria
2011 Entegra Aspire 42RB
Old 04-26-2012, 04:48 PM   #18

Thanks Bob, that all makes good sense. And since the king bed is not a total deal breaker for us, we'll keep moving forward.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:32 AM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

You are right about not killing the assembly line. Entegra just is not set up to do custom mods, at least not at this point in time. However, certain mods can be accomplished after the coach has been built. These mods aren't done by Entegra but they can direct you to Precision Painting, who does some great cabinet work and other mods in addition to painting. The actual arrangement is between you and Precision but Entegra can at least point you in the right direction. From what I hear, their prices are fairly reasonable.

As to the "almost" full slide - yes, a new floor plan is coming out. Entegra does not want to go to a full slide and I agree. I have seen up close how Entegra builds their walls and roof construction. I recently spent some time at American Coach, going through their product for some upcoming magazine review articles as well and have noted their construction. A-C seems to be having decent success with their full wall slides as far as reliability is concerned. But, their roof structure is fairly light and uses a header to help hold that huge span up. That does detract from the height of the slideout, which makes for some small windows. In fact the American Eagle that I looked at had some expensive custom work done to it by removing the overhead cabinets and installing taller windows. The header, plus the lighter weight roof and interlocking construction helps make that work for them.

Entegra puts more roof structure into their roof than anyone else. In fact I would estimate there's enough strength in crossmembers (both size and number) and in plywood to cover two roofs of the competition. To expect a roof that substantial to span a full wall slide opening is just not possible. I've seen the new floorplan (on paper) and it is going to be great. It's not built yet but it'll be ready to be unveiled at the September dealer shows. It's not a full wall slide but it offers the same roominess of a full wall slide without sacrificing the structural integrity. The center post section makes it an "almost" full wall slide.

Strength has always been at the core of Entegra's designs and I think they've done an excellent job with this floorplan without sacrificing that. In fact, if I had to be in an accident with a class A I would hope it was an Entegra because it would have the best chance of not disintegrating.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:53 AM   #20

Cruzer,

Is the new plan a rear bath, or conventional?
Old 04-27-2012, 09:18 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

I cannot divulge any details of the floorplan other than the fact that it's coming and my impression that it's going to be a big hit. As soon as the details are allowed to be released, Il'l certainly share them.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:02 PM   #22

Here is the picture with the night stands removed, looks like it was meant to be that way and you have way more room to make the bed.
Gene

[IMG][/IMG]
Ann n Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:04 PM   #23

Here is a picture of the other side of the King bed with the nightstands removed.

Old 04-27-2012, 10:46 PM   #24

Thank you Gene. That does look great.

Cruzer- you have certainly provided a gret tease to us all!
Old 04-28-2012, 01:05 PM   #25

thanks Gene, it does look good.... was there any holes to fill or any woodworking to do when they removed the night stands?
Old 04-28-2012, 02:29 PM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
Cruzer,

Interesting news about the "almost" full-wall slide Entegra. Sounds REALLY interesting. It would be extra-awesome if they planned the layout so that the center support "post" was the size of, and in the same position as, the water compartment... so that you could have a fully-opening door on the water compartment to make dumping easier while the slides are out. That, for me, has been one of my biggest gripes with the full-wall slide floorplans... ducking down to do any work in the water compartment is a a pain in the back!

Can't wait to see this! Go Entegra!
Old 04-28-2012, 03:42 PM   #27

5151, yes, they totally replaced the upright piece from floor to ceiling as on the original it only goes to the night stands and is unfinished base behind the night stands. Rather than have a splice there they replaced the whole facia with a new, full length board.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:45 PM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

Another note regarding full wall slides - while recently at American Coach I found that they were quite proud of the fact that all of there slides were a full 30" deep. That's fine when they are out but once they are retracted it's a tight fit. If you are sitting on the couch, your knees will be touching the opposite couch ior furniture. That's not so handy when the person has to pass you to get to the bathroom when traveling. The little space you gain when extended isn't worth the discomfort when they are retracted.