Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-20-2012, 09:24 PM   #1

Entegra reviews

I am starting to shop for a class a motor coach and am interested in the Entegra Anthem. Would you folks be so kind as to give me the names and models of some other coach's that might compare to the 42' Anthem. I have not ever owned a coach, we have a Cardinal 3515 FW now and are giving serious thought to moving to the motorhome. ANY comments would be greatly appreciated.
iquailhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2012, 09:40 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by iquailhunter View Post
I am starting to shop for a class a motor coach and am interested in the Entegra Anthem. Would you folks be so kind as to give me the names and models of some other coach's that might compare to the 42' Anthem. I have not ever owned a coach, we have a Cardinal 3515 FW now and are giving serious thought to moving to the motorhome. ANY comments would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome to the forum. I'd suggest reading through some of the posts here and on the manufacturer's boards to get a sense of the coaches. I can tell you the vast majority of Entegra (and Travel Supreme owners) you'll see on here LOVE their coaches (myself included). Entegra is not perfect - no RV is. Having said that I firmly believe Entegra is the "go to" choice right now for quality and commitment to customer satisfaction. The quality of the materials, the high level of build quality, and the attitude of the Entegra staff should be a lesson to all American companies. I would not hesitate to buy another Entegra product.

Coaches by Newmar also seem to get good reviews. We were originally aspiring to a Tiffin, but saw too many engineering gaffs and QC issues (not to mention all the frightening reviews by Tiffin owners). I've also heard some good things about the "new" Monaco and Winnebago. For us, once we saw the Entegra there was no going back. They are beautifully built and have great, functional layouts.

I'm sure others will add their thoughts to this discussion. Good luck with your search. Keep an open mind and be thorough as you evaluate the various coaches you see.
rvguy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:24 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
I haven't done any direct, side-by-side comparisons of features, etc... but I would think that the Anthem would match up pretty well with the Newmar Mountain Aire and either the Tiffin Allegro Bus or the Zephyr.

I currently have a 2005 Newmar Mountain Aire... and while I would certainly take a close look at the appropriate Newmar product for whatever coach I was going to buy next, they would really have to "WOW" me in order to get me to NOT buy an Entegra. From everything that I have seen, heard and read, Entegra is producing a top-notch, high-quality product easily on par, if not exceeding, that of Newmar and Tiffin... and at a lower price point AND with a 2 year warranty!

In the long run, I don't think you could go too far wrong with any of these three manufacturers. They all make beautiful coaches. They all seem to stand behind their products. And they have all managed to survive through (hopefully) the worst of the economic upheaval and are still going strong.

Best of luck in your search!
Old 04-21-2012, 06:43 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

There's a number of coaches that compare model-wise to the Anthem. But once you drive one and look it over carefully I think you'll agree with most that nothing really compares. Read RVcruzer.com - Entegra Coach Construction Overview for some background information.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:52 AM   #5

We were sold on the Anthem after seeing it at the Tampa show in January. Went to Lazy Days in Tampa and took a test drive. Maybe they over sold it, I don't know, but I was not that impressed with the ride. We owned a 2000 Newmar Mountain Aire at the time and I didn't feel a big difference between the Anthem and what I had. Ended up going to North Trail in Fort Meyers and test drive a 2011 Mountain Aire. We were blown away. The Newmar comfort drive system makes driving an awesome experience. We bought it and really love it. I'm not at all trying to take away from the quality of the Entegras. Most who own them have much good to say about them. As for me at this time, I'm a Newmar guy.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:45 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I agree the Entegra has many nice features. I see a lot of carry over from Travel Supreme. I like the booth dinette, residential refrigerator, the TV over the fireplace, and the flush windows. The standard RV windows have been a pain for many years.

I do not understand why you take great pains to build a flush side coach and then hang awnings on the sides? I also don't care for the standard king bed (less night stand space), or not having a gas cook top and propane tank for my BBQ grill. I also think these coaches are pushing the edge of the weight envelope for an ISL, especially if you tow 15,000#. It's a shame Cummins dropped the ISM as it would be perfect in these coaches. The new ISX-12 is an expensive boat anchor and weighs almost 1000# more than the ISM.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:44 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

You have to hang the awnings someplace. Fortunately Entegra is changing the main awnings over to the Girard that mount in the roof rails so that's a plus. Any window awnings still need to hang on the outside though. At least the wind noise is minimal on the Entegra. I haven't found anything as quiet yet.

I agree on the king bed. I mentioned that to Tadd two days ago but was told that the queen bed orders were a small percentage and everyone wanted kings so I guess you and I are in the minority. I do like the extra floor space around the queen and the bigger vanities but apparently most buyers don't see that.

The ISM was dropped due to emissions. The ISX12 is a great engine but costs more. The main reason for the upcharge to 500 HP is not just the engine. It was the K2 chassis and the jump to the Allison 4000, which is an unbelievable chunk of change. That's why Entegra skipped over it and went right to the 600 HP ISX, K3 chassis, and Allison 4000 in the Cornerstone. That standardization allowed thm to drop the Cornerstone's price by $52K. That really puts it into an attractive price range compared to other 600 HP coaches of that caliber. Note that I said "attractive", not "inexpensive".
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:23 PM   #8

Well..........it takes all kinds. lol We LIKE the King bed but hate the night stands because of the difficulty making the bed (reach to the front of the bed). So......we had them take the night stands out of ours when we were at the factory and it looks like it was always meant to be that way. IF you want the K3 and ISX with the big allison, the Cornerstone is a real value price for that set up, BUT Cruzer is quite correct, it is NOt a cheap upgrade.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:36 PM   #9

Gene, can you post a picture of that or send it to me?

Thx
Old 04-25-2012, 04:42 PM   #10

Sure, the coach is a few miles from here so it will take a day or so but will be glad to.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:06 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
Well..........it takes all kinds. lol We LIKE the King bed but hate the night stands because of the difficulty making the bed (reach to the front of the bed). So......we had them take the night stands out of ours when we were at the factory and it looks like it was always meant to be that way. .
I as well am curious as to how that looks w/o the night stands. making the bed is a daily reminder as to how hard it is to make the king bed with the current night stands.... didn't think about taking them out. did you add anything to place eye glasses, alarm clock, and personalbles on? we currently don't keep anything in the little cabinets by the bed, sense they are very ackward to access, as well as the cabinet under the dining table.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:11 PM   #12

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I think that right now Entegra is working hard to capture market share, when that's over they, as others have done, will raise the prices in order to make a sustainable profit.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:38 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by iquailhunter View Post
One thing i would do if ordering a new coach is have a bus style door for the water utility door makes for a lot easier hookup at a sight where the power and water pole are close to the coach
turbo24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:01 PM   #14

5151, No we did not do anything for glasses etc. we use the vanity at the foot of the bed for those things, have an alarm clock there, cell phone chargers, eye glasses etc on that surface, works pretty well actually. I will post pictures in the next few days.