Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-16-2012, 05:43 PM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post
Here's the shot of the overhead cabinet with the Winegard Roadtrip Mission switch. It's from a 2013 44U Aspire but should be the same for an Anthem. The controller for aTrav'ler is much larger, a small set-top boc axtually. That will get put into a cabinet with the DVR and other entertainment gear.

Also, when you install a Winegard SK-3005 Trav'Ler you'll be feeding 4 coax cables plus a cat5 data cable down through the roof so it won't be a plug and play with a removed dome. You'll need to run some extra cables. If you use an A/B switch to switch between the SK-3005 and a dome you'll find that your DirecTV DVR will need to be reset from a 5 LNB HD dish to a dual LNB round SD dish. That'll mess up your channel listing when you switch from HD to SD as well as affect your Season Pass list for recordings. When I installed mine I wound up removing the dome to get away from that hassle.
So Cruzer...what am I missing...is it correct that you can bring a remote antenna lead into the coax connection in the bay of Entegras. And if so, how does that play in this discussion of HD, receivers, and satellite provider choices, now that I know that the traveller alternative is just too expensive? Any thoughts? I've looked through numerous threads and haven't found an answer (but then maybe I'm just not understanding the issues).

DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2012, 05:49 PM   #30

Gene is right, what he said is OK for Dish HD service and 2 receivers and must change Satellite when changing channels, not for Directv HD service. This is why I use the old KingDome on the road and/or parked, for all 4 TVs via component switch and a MotoSat HD system for HD service via Directv and all HD channels (to all 4 TVs, 4 receivers required and have 3D programing too) with no switching satellites and each TV can view different programing/recording, same as a home Directv setup with 5 LNB Sat dish. My system uses 5 Directv recievers and many options as to which dish (Kingdome or Motosat) I use. One dish is in forward position and one on rear position on the coach, so the enevitable "Tree" never is in the way of both. Lots of confusion here, just depends on what customer wants, Dish Network or Directv, I won't address the issues of that here.

Old 11-21-2012, 10:47 AM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
As to questions I've raised and some that might enter your mind WRT satellite systems on the Anthem, just spoke with one of their techs, learning the following:

1) No surprises with In Motion...responds as described earlier in this post, depending on DISH or Direct TV, as chosen.

2) If you choose to add a portable to your rig, for those heavily forested sites you might stay (to locate the portable in a more open view), can do. Use the port in the bay for on shore cable. Disconnect the cable box that connects to the bay coax connector, in the living room area, and connect the cable to your satellite receiver. At that point, internal wiring in the unit will distribute the signal to all TVs in the same way the In Motion system would.

And I wasn't the first to ask...evidently, if you're hard core, can't miss TV, this provides the path.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:24 PM   #32

Thanks Dave, good and useful information.
Ann n Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:03 PM   #33

There has to be an easier way. Why is this so complicated? Seems coming out of the factory you should be plug-n-play ready. Oh well, gives everyone something to do I guess... "still shopping".
Old 11-23-2012, 04:20 PM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
Yes, but I was afraid it was going to be harder than that Of course I could just skip it and find CGs on the shore in the dunes year round
Old 11-23-2012, 05:36 PM   #35

Entegra Owners Club
It is ready to play, provided that you don't want Directv in HD, and provided that you don't want a DVR, or don't want 2 receivers with Dish Network. That's a lot of negatives for what is otherwise a state of the art coach. I think Entegra needs a lot of improvement in this area. What they give you in a satellite antenna is the same technology that came on my new 2003 coach ten years ago.

Tags
dish