Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-12-2012, 08:21 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Entegra Sat Dish what Brand?

Can anybody tell me what brand and model satellite dish Entegra installs in their 2013 coaches? Also, where is the control panel for the dish mounted? (Photos would also be appreciated if possible).

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2012, 08:57 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Can anybody tell me what brand and model satellite dish Entegra installs in their 2013 coaches? Also, where is the control panel for the dish mounted? (Photos would also be appreciated if possible).
Marc - what model Entegra do you have? I think it matters.

Old 11-12-2012, 12:47 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Getting close to ordering a 2013 Anthem. Entegra gives very little details on their website or in their brochures, and the salesmen don't know diddly.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:38 PM   #4

They are using an Winegard in motion dome that is factory set for Direct TV but can be adapted to Dish by changing the dip switches. It actually works very good but is not nearly as good as the Winegard Traveler 1000 which locks on to all three Dish birds at one time thus allowing two tuners to watch separate HD feeds at the same time. The 1000 also works much better in cloudy, stormy or through some trees. All just my opinion but my 2011 Anthem does have the Winegard in motion dish. It works pretty well actually.
Ann n Gene is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:59 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
So buy the coach and get the portable for those campsite that the dome on top doesn't do it...my understanding is that works and what's another couple of hundred against the cost of the coach
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:49 PM   #6

Hey Gene...now that is something I did not know. The Traveler 1000 locks onto all 3 at once? How about a complete technical evaluation of this, please?
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:30 AM   #7

Well Bob, I am not too technical.............but Yep, it does lock onto all three at once. It has 3 LNBs, it goes up and rotates to find the close 2, then another motor tilts it sideways to pick up that far HDT bird. Really works slick. I had one on my Alante and it always found all three birds very quickly and the dish was big enough that it took a really hard storm or dense trees to block the signal, by far the best dish that I have had.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:45 AM   #8

Then can I assume I can get HD TV on that dish, using Dish TV? That would be a great addition. Now I just gotta check if they offer SWSports channels on Dish. Gotta watch my Mavs beat up on those Thunder guys from OKC.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:50 AM   #9

Yep, you absolutely can get HDT on Dish network with the Traveler 1000. BUT, I would not recommend that you bother cause your "Old men" ain't gonna beat our "young guns", man those guys are fun to watch and once they get mature enough to cut down on the turnovers, look out NBA, dynasty comes to mind.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:29 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
They are using an Winegard in motion dome that is factory set for Direct TV but can be adapted to Dish by changing the dip switches. It actually works very good but is not nearly as good as the Winegard Traveler 1000 which locks on to all three Dish birds at one time thus allowing two tuners to watch separate HD feeds at the same time. The 1000 also works much better in cloudy, stormy or through some trees. All just my opinion but my 2011 Anthem does have the Winegard in motion dish. It works pretty well actually.
....and if you have Directv, you'll need the Trav'ler 3005 to get HD. Unfortunately, the in motion dome for Directv doesn't pull in HD channels - only SD. Entegra coaches are not pre-wired for the Trav'ler like some other manufacturers do. So if you want the Trav'ler, you'll have to remove the in motion.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:11 AM   #11

Don't understand, Tom. Yes, I would think I'd have to remove my existing King Dome and install the Traveler. But why the problem with wiring? I believe I only have one coax coming down from this dome, so why would there be an issue with cabling? If needed, just pull another coax?
Old 11-13-2012, 10:05 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Let me start again and sorry for the confusion. Lets pretend you decided to buy an Allegro Bus. Tiffin does a pre-wire mid coach for the Trav'ler so you can have both the Trav'ler and the dome. Entegra doesn't offer this option, so if you want Directv HD you have to remove the dome and replace with the Trav'ler. Hope this makes sense.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:58 AM   #13

But if you want Dish HD, you can get most of them with the in motion dish that is installed on the Entegra as Dish is putting a lot of the HD programming on the 119 and 110 satellites that you can get with the in motion dome.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:45 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
I think we have gotten a little off topic. We have the make well covered. For the op, can someone post a picture of the Anthem control for the dome along with its location?

Tags
dish