Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-13-2017, 10:02 AM   #1

Entegra service

Is it just me or does there seem to be a much longer wait to get service to answer the phone since the buy out? One thing I hated about Tiffin was that the wait to talk to service on the phone took forever. I sure hope this isn't the future.

I wrote the above while waiting for service to pick up and when they did, what a disappointment. Asked about the battery equalization, how to find it on Vega touch, could I run the A/Cs at the same time etc and he had no idea. Also since my security lights don't work either, [as in other threads] asked him about that. He had no idea there was a system problem.

As an aside, on this trip I met a couple who had a new Air Stream, their third. They said service had gone down hill since Thor and they never would have bought this new one had they known.
hikndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2017, 10:39 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikndog View Post
IAs an aside, on this trip I met a couple who had a new Air Stream, their third. They said service had gone down hill since Thor and they never would have bought this new one had they known.

They must have owned their second Airstream for a LONG time since Thor purchased Airstream in 1980.
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 10:45 AM   #3

Entegra service

I do not generally have the problem you are describing. They do have Several new hires as the CS staff expands as they get more coaches on the road and it takes those folks time to get up to speed. They used to use only guys off the line that knew the coaches well but apparently could not get enough of them interested in getting yelled out over the phone while diagnosing a distant problem [emoji2]. Seriously, it does depend on who you get, some are better than others. As for factory service, I have been going to Middlebury since they started building coaches and doing service work. My trip in August was, by far, the best, most efficient service I have every had there. It is not the family attitude it once was but it is very efficient, productive and effective. All JMHO
Old 09-13-2017, 10:45 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Not to be contrary but I called CS this morning. Waited about 2 mins then spoke to a CS agent.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 10:58 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikndog View Post
Is it just me or does there seem to be a much longer wait to get service to answer the phone since the buy out? One thing I hated about Tiffin was that the wait to talk to service on the phone took forever. I sure hope this isn't the future.

I wrote the above while waiting for service to pick up and when they did, what a disappointment. Asked about the battery equalization, how to find it on Vega touch, could I run the A/Cs at the same time etc and he had no idea. Also since my security lights don't work either, [as in other threads] asked him about that. He had no idea there was a system problem.

As an aside, on this trip I met a couple who had a new Air Stream, their third. They said service had gone down hill since Thor and they never would have bought this new one had they known.
I'm at the factory now and when I went into customer service there were only about three people that I recognized. There seems to have been a lot of changes and not for the betterment of the customer. Unfortunately, it appears customer service has taken more of a back seat. I will say one more thing about service, if it wasnt for Joyce there would be a lot less than we have now.
The statement that was put out about no changes after the Sellout to Thor was certainly not true. I've owned more than one Entegra so I have a pretty good insight over time. JMHO
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 11:02 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
I have my 17 Aspire in for warranty work at MHS and cannot get updates from them or Entegra CS. It has been a frustrating experience.
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Toad
RanNan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 11:04 AM   #7

Mine is going in for service the first week of November. So far this company hasn't let me down one bit. I was concerned when they got bought out but so far my concerns have been unwarranted.
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 11:22 AM   #8

Depends of time of day or day if week. Monday mornings probably high demand. I've had good luck with wait time. If the rep didn't know the answer, they consulted a more senior rep or called me back.

Just wish they'd get new music on hold.
McGarrett50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 11:49 AM   #9

In my experience, Entegra has been far superior to a brand we owned in the past during and after the warranty expiration date. Have NEVER had a negative experience, just the exact opposite when calling CS, at the factory for PDI or after warranty or obtaining parts or information through a dealer (Beaver Coach Sales). I guess we are brand loyalists. Our next coach will be the '19 Cornerstone 45Y.
pallencollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 12:16 PM   #10

I just got off the phone with CS. Total wait time, about 1-2 minutes, tops. Question answered quickly with promise of backup material arriving via email. Elapsed tim, not more than 5 minutes altogether.
Old 09-13-2017, 03:31 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGarrett50 View Post
Depends of time of day or day if week. Monday mornings probably high demand. I've had good luck with wait time. If the rep didn't know the answer, they consulted a more senior rep or called me back.

Just wish they'd get new music on hold.
I agree. Mondays are always long waits no matter where you call for customer service. I guess everything breaks on weekends.

I also agree with the music on hold, although that's a bit of a stretch to call that music.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 04:00 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
I do not generally have the problem you are describing. They do have Several new hires as the CS staff expands as they get more coaches on the road and it takes those folks time to get up to speed. They used to use only guys off the line that knew the coaches well but apparently could not get enough of them interested in getting yelled out over the phone while diagnosing a distant problem [emoji2]. Seriously, it does depend on who you get, some are better than others. As for factory service, I have been going to Middlebury since they started building coaches and doing service work. My trip in August was, by far, the best, most efficient service I have every had there. It is not the family attitude it once was but it is very efficient, productive and effective. All JMHO
I too was there for service in August. It was my third time there since 2014, and the best visit yet in terms of efficiency. Everything was done to my complete satisfaction. So I agree completely with Ann N Gene.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 04:39 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post
I also agree with the music on hold, although that's a bit of a stretch to call that music.
No kidding! Sounds like staticy background noise while an orchestra is tuning up.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:59 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I don't have a comparison to previous years but what I have experienced so far with customer service has been positive. Not much wait time and good response on questions and issues.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra, service