Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2015, 05:11 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Entegra Service/Joyce

This is a shout out for Entegra Service as opposed to the usual accolades for Customer Service.

Day before yesterday, we had a bay door (D2) come open stopping at a toll booth, naturally where there was a post. About twenty scratches.

Called Joyce (she's a "honey" as usual) to see if they needed to see the damage, as we were generally in the area headed East. She asked to call me back. When she called back, She had discussed the situation with MIKE, a new service manage about six months ago.

He's working us in with the painters as we move through. I was amazed. That is service, because they are busy, as usual. Another good story.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2015, 06:49 PM   #2

Sorry to hear that Dave. We had an encounter with a tree negotiating a turn here at LVM...I was trying to get around a parked pickup...dumb. Red Rock came today and was able to buff it out.

Sorry but this place is just to tight for my taste...and the pads are small and on top of each other.
rogelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 07:04 PM   #3

Sorry Dave, we had one pop open in town in Kerrville on the way to the rally. A truck behind me flashed his lights and I then saw it open. Blocked traffic, got out and ran back to pick up my tool box(did not SEE anything else but lost a couple of things). Slammed the door shut and went on to the rally where NIRVC techs adjusted the door, problem solved and got lucky, no harm to the door. Thanks NIRVC for having the techs at the rally and to an alert truck driver for caring and alerting me at once.

2016 Cornerstone 45B on order
Formerly 2011 & 2013 Anthems
2014 Lincoln MKT towed
Old 09-21-2015, 07:09 PM   #4

Dave I am glad that is working out for you. Yes Joyce and her team are wonderful. Just be thankful you didn't remove the door entirely.

GIf you want to stop the doors from opening again, you have to put a little grease on your finger and apply it to the back of the 1/2 inch plunger on the door that makes contact with the metal bracket fixed to the coach. Friction and friction from movement will work the plunger back and if it goes back far enough guess what ,your door will open. Do it every couple of months. Works every time.
Old 09-21-2015, 07:40 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Never had the problem before. I have some suspicions as to the why, but I'll reserve them as I'm usually full of it. That said, the service department was very accommodating given how busy they are here. New bays and additional techs will help.
Old 09-21-2015, 07:50 PM   #6

Spartan Chassis
That's interesting! I mentioned that this was going to be a problem to PJ when we took the factory tour in August. Suggested they go back to the old Travel Supreme method of a separate plunger/deadbolt mechanism. He just smiled and nodded his head and moved on down the line. I bet you see a design change in the future.
2023 F-150 Towed
rag_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 08:11 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogelling View Post
Sorry to hear that Dave. We had an encounter with a tree negotiating a turn here at LVM...I was trying to get around a parked pickup...dumb. Red Rock came today and was able to buff it out.

Sorry but this place is just to tight for my taste...and the pads are small and on top of each other.
Sorry to hear that Rog...I think the pads are close to the same size as Stone Ridge, but the streets are a little narrower, which is magnified by the palms and other shrubbery which make things tighter. A couple of 100 degree days will make you appreciate those things though. The big thing for us was not a lot of Class A resorts in the Southwest. Motor coach Resort in Indio was just a touch over the top for the money for us. JMHO

Hope the rest of your stay goes OK.
Old 09-21-2015, 08:44 PM   #8

Thanks Dave it's been fun and the DW made a little money at Mandalay Bay yesterday so at least get a couple of tanks of diesel paid off.
Old 09-21-2015, 08:46 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Better buy that diesel before the price goes up
Old 09-21-2015, 09:43 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Dave, really sorry to hear that that happened to you and it is able to be fixed by Entegra. Bring up an old post that 1maniac found the fix to so others don't have the problem...maybe other new coaches still need to be checked. I know I had a couple of bay door that were barley latching. Good heads up to check the doors, even on new coaches.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/corn...ml#post2250266
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 01:54 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Better buy that diesel before the price goes up
$2.31 in Kingman wow!
Old 09-22-2015, 02:00 PM   #12
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
I had two baggage doors replaced as they were damaged beyond repair. The guys at Precision Paint adjusted all my doors when we were there to get the replacement doors painted. Knock on wood-none have come open since. I think Entegra knows these latches are a problem.
Old 09-23-2015, 04:37 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Just FYI about compartment doors. I just got my Anthem out of the body shop after some yehaw carrying a load of scrap ran a metal bar alongside me. Gouged 4 doors. Now replaced and repainted by an excellent shop. Those doors cost about $450 ea, unpainted. A contractor makes them for Entegra. When you order them, only available thru an Entegra dealer, they come complete with door locks, hinges, and struts.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 06:49 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlovitt View Post
I had two baggage doors replaced as they were damaged beyond repair. The guys at Precision Paint adjusted all my doors when we were there to get the replacement doors painted. Knock on wood-none have come open since. I think Entegra knows these latches are a problem.
They do, I have called on several occasions and they have acknowledge the issue. I assure you if this happens to you, you will never drive the coach the same. I am always looking in the mirrors and asking DW if any doors opened up after a turn. Every stop I check all the doors. PITA

Tags
service