Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-07-2012, 10:03 AM   #57

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnrzryd
Excellent overview. Thanks Steve. The newer Anthems have the 450DL and last I checked so did the Tiffin Allegro Bus.
Explains everything except calling BS on YMMV. Just sayin.

flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2012, 11:15 PM   #58

we are averaging over 8 mpg. I use the cruise as often as possible and travel at 58 to 62 mph. I also use the economy mode 90% of the time.

Old 12-09-2012, 03:19 PM   #59

Entegra Owners Club
Since we have an Aspire, whether or not our Aqua Hot is on doesn't effect diesel - it runs off of LP or electric. But I have a question for all of those who run without their generator. How do you manage your refrigerator? We run the generator on the road to keep power to the refrigerator - when the generator is off, the lights are off on the fridge. Am I being blonder than usual? Is there some trick to getting the fridge to run off of batteries?
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:39 PM   #60

generator off and the inverter is on, it should run the refrigerator for a good long time off of the batteries.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:42 PM   #61

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgoldie View Post
Since we have an Aspire, whether or not our Aqua Hot is on doesn't effect diesel - it runs off of LP or electric. But I have a question for all of those who run without their generator. How do you manage your refrigerator? We run the generator on the road to keep power to the refrigerator - when the generator is off, the lights are off on the fridge. Am I being blonder than usual? Is there some trick to getting the fridge to run off of batteries?
Are you sure your inverter is on?
2017 Cornerstone(All Sold)
Nowabeachbum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:11 PM   #62

Entegra Owners Club
No, I'm clueless when it comes to inverters. But DH is looking now. Can we leave it on at all times or does it need to be off when hooked to shore power?
Old 12-09-2012, 11:34 PM   #63

hdgoldie, I'm reviewing Cruzer's RV articles on his web site in preparation for our first coach and just completed Electical Tutorial. Chapter 9 is on Inverters and very informative, however the entire program is terrific and has help us get a better understanding of RV electronics and their role in coaches like ours........absolutely worth the reading and study time!! Thx Cruzer........
Old 12-10-2012, 07:43 AM   #64

Entegra Owners Club
Also check out the Entegra orientation videos on YouTube. I believe there is one for the inverter. Pretty sure it will resolve your issue.
2017 Cornerstone(All Sold)
Nowabeachbum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:30 AM   #65
Moderator Emeritus

Your inverter can be left on 24/7. The inverter is equipped with an automatic transfer switch that will pass incoming AC power right through the inverter, whether by shore power or the generator. Whenever that incoming power is removed, such as when driving or parked with no incoming power, the inverter will automatically switch over and begin to invert power from the batteries to keep the fridge and other devices powered up.

The power the fridge consumes is minimal. When driving, your engine's alternator will put out more than enough juice to keep your batteries charged up and still power the fridge. We've even run the convection oven for 45 - 60 minutes to cook frozen pot pies so that we had hot food when we got to our rest area and hour later and the engine alternator powered all of that and still kept the batteries charged.

The only time I would switch it off is if you are parked for a long time, as in storage, and don't have any shore power. That way it won't draw your batteries down while in storage.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:21 AM   #66

Entegra Owners Club
Thank you Mark! We watched the video also - but your answer was perfect - gave us exactly the info we needed.

Would you happen to be related to a Ray Quasius from Wisconsin?
Old 12-10-2012, 11:41 AM   #67
Moderator Emeritus

Yep, all three of them. Ray, Sr was my grandfather's brother. Ray, Jr (aka Mickey) was my dad's cousin, who I believe is retired and living in the Fort Myers area, and Ray the third - who I see every now and then in the course of our business.

With a popular name like Quasius, they all pretty much have to be related somehow.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:22 PM   #68

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TgovSr View Post
hdgoldie, I'm reviewing Cruzer's RV articles on his web site in preparation for our first coach and just completed Electical Tutorial. Chapter 9 is on Inverters and very informative, however the entire program is terrific and has help us get a better understanding of RV electronics and their role in coaches like ours........absolutely worth the reading and study time!! Thx Cruzer........
For those not in the know, Cruzer's website is www.rvcruzer.com .

Another great resource is the RV Technical Library. For those with limited air brake experience, there is a great tutorial at RV Tech Library - Introduction to Air Brakes
Old 12-10-2012, 01:35 PM   #69

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post
Yep, all three of them. Ray, Sr was my grandfather's brother. Ray, Jr (aka Mickey) was my dad's cousin, who I believe is retired and living in the Fort Myers area, and Ray the third - who I see every now and then in the course of our business.

With a popular name like Quasius, they all pretty much have to be related somehow.
Too funny. My first husband and I were neighbors with Ray (Mickey) and Peggy. Knew Ray III when he was a teenager. Spent a lot of time on Lake Michigan with them on Lake Michigan. Wonderful guy - it obviously runs in the family.