Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-09-2012, 09:17 PM   #85

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgoldie View Post
Thanks for mentioning your concerns with the auto levelers. The first few times with ours were an experience, the last try before it went to the shop had all four back wheels way off the ground. And we had to wait for it to air up before we could bring it down! Our local shop reset the auto level and we used it for the first time tonight only to have the tag wheel on one side off the ground. We were sure something was still wrong until a big Newmar pulled in a few spaces down - and ended up with their back end as high as ours. It's the site, not the levelers. The graphics make it hard for us to judge how level the coach really is....so we are now carrying a small level inside - just for piece of mind.

Our punch list is long and growing...but almost eveything has been minor nuisance items. And we have the low end model. Seems to me that they have taken just as much care in our "budget" model as they do with the beautiful Cornerstones. And we haven't pulled into a campground yet without being approached by someone who wants us to know that we have a beautiful coach!
Be real careful not to park with the rear wheels off the ground. That's where your park brakes are located.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2012, 09:22 PM   #86

Entegra Owners Club
It's the right tag wheel that's off the ground....the other three are all on the ground. Is that enough? We didn't think we needed to worry when it was the tag.

hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:28 PM   #87

Loisjop, that is great news! We had the one piece windshield blinds on our Alante and much preferred them.
Shardan, NO, I would not be happy with an unlevel or not squared floor either and would insist that it be redone to make it right. I sure did not mean to indicate that for what these things cost that I would be happy to settle for less than the best and for everything to work right, it is just that I do understand that there will be some of these things that need and HAVE to be fixed to make it right. Rather I meant to indicate that all of my dealings with Entegra have indicated that they share that commitment and will make it happen, provided the coach owner makes it known to them and gives them a chance. Sorry, guess i did not make my feelings clear, thanks for flagging that so I could clear that up.
Ann n Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:05 AM   #88

I spoke to Jacob at Entegra about my air and leveling concerns. First, he wants you to start the engine and air up before retracting the leveling jacks. While you may not see it necessarily right away, let the engine run and your pressure gauges read full and then retract. They then want you to bring the slides in. That program worked better for me last week.

With that said, my 2013 Anthem has been at Cummins all week working on my front right airbag. They cannot seem to get that side up as much as needed as i mentioned before. This is a known problem with the Entregra/Spartan K2 chassis. I am a bit frustrated at the time it is taking. I don't think Spartan has been that responsive to these local guys.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:13 AM   #89

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgoldie View Post
It's the right tag wheel that's off the ground....the other three are all on the ground. Is that enough? We didn't think we needed to worry when it was the tag.
I do want to clarify that when you say the right tag is off the ground, the two drive wheels on the right are ON the ground? If that is true then you should be OK. On a related note, I'm always amazed at the number of owners (not referring to any of my Entegra brothers of course ) that park with their front wheels off the ground. I carry blocks to put under the wheels when this happens. Works for the rear wheels too. I like these - can get at Walmart too. Lynx Levelers to Level Your RV - PPL Motor Homes
Old 08-10-2012, 08:39 AM   #90

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alshamu1 View Post
I spoke to Jacob at Entegra about my air and leveling concerns. First, he wants you to start the engine and air up before retracting the leveling jacks. While you may not see it necessarily right away, let the engine run and your pressure gauges read full and then retract. They then want you to bring the slides in. That program worked better for me.
After you air up, will the jacks retract with the engine running or do you have to shut down first?
Old 08-10-2012, 09:31 AM   #91

I hit Retract with the power running. In addition, besides using the cruise button to help air up faster, you can hit all retract after your jacks are up to get more air to your system as well. Hope this helps.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:39 AM   #92

Entegra Owners Club
X2. No slide movement with jacks down. I finally get it and my checklist is good.

navychop is offline   Reply With Quote