Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2012, 04:18 PM   #43
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBeauchamp View Post
What is diff. between K2 and K3 in the frame itself??
And you will need the extra ponies, the Cornerstone weighs a few feathers more than 25 tons...
The K2 is a great chassis but the K3 takes it to the next level. Higher GVWR, gobs of torque (1,950 ft-lbs) with the big ISX engine. Heavier rear axle and differnt suspension (Ridewell versus Hendrickson). Disc brakes on all 3 axles versus just the front for the K2. Reinforced frame rails (to help contain the torque).

The best part is that, because they standardized on one chassis versus a choice between the two, they've kept the price down so that it's not a huge upgrade cost like it used to be. In fact, the 600 HP models cost less than the 500 HP models when they were still made, although there were other changes that helped to bring that price down. That makes the Cornerstone a very good buy when compared to similar competitive coaches.

2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2012, 07:16 PM   #44

I just looked at the Cornerstone and before I'd buy another Essex I'll buy the Cornerstone for $135,000 less than what they are quoting me for an Essex. Only thing is, they don't have the full wall slide.

Also, Cornerstone chassis is the same as the Newmar King Aire. Just 400 grand less. Except the tire sizes, which I don't understand, but I'm looking hard.

Alvarez in Texas has it sitting there.

Plus hey Mods!! When you going to add a Entegra Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 08:33 PM   #45

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry White View Post

Plus hey Mods!! When you going to add a Entegra Thread
They already did. Look under the Jayco forum heading, click on the word Entegra (in red) and all you'll see is Entegra threads.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:00 AM   #46

The front tire size is very important to safety and ride. Here's the difference between Cornerstone and the King Air. Front Axle rated at 20,000lbs for the KA, 16,600lbs for the
CS. Rear Axle are both 20,000 lbs. Tag axle on the KA is 16,000 vs 12,000lbs on the CS.
8 air bags on KA 6 air bags on the CS. Even though both chassis are K3s that doesn't mean they are the same. Each manufacture specs them differently.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:47 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC51D View Post
The front tire size is very important to safety and ride. Here's the difference between Cornerstone and the King Air. Front Axle rated at 20,000lbs for the KA, 16,600lbs for the
CS. Rear Axle are both 20,000 lbs. Tag axle on the KA is 16,000 vs 12,000lbs on the CS.
8 air bags on KA 6 air bags on the CS. Even though both chassis are K3s that doesn't mean they are the same. Each manufacture specs them differently.
Yes that is very correct. Newmar and Entegra are both very nice coaches for their price points. But you can not compare an Anthem or Cornerstone to an Essex or King Aire.....yes the price points are higher on the Newmar products as expected because you are getting higher end products which adds to the overall cost...it's all based on what you want and/or except in a motor home.
Sit on the furniture in a Newmar and then an Entegra, there is no comparison. The Sofa, captain chairs etc are much more soft and forgiving in the Newmar, things like electic window awning, lift up bay doors etc are not available on the Entegra models. In my case my wife said it perfect. Entegra is trying to cheapen its product to keep its cost down. I must agree with her because when we inspected a new Cornerstone last week at LD it had the cheapest built/looking clothes dryer I have ever seen in a motor coach (at any price point) and is totally unexceptable in a coach at its price point as far as I am concerned.

So again the Entegra brand offers a decent coach for its price point but don't expect high end accessories like you will find on the Essex etc.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:29 AM   #48

Silly me, and I THOUGHT the purpose of a dryer was to dry clothes. The one Entegra uses does a great job of that, is very quiet and efficient, besides you have doors covering the washer and dryer, I am not sure what a cheap dryer looks like but I DO know that the Entegra dryer works great and that is the reason we have one. We wash several loads of clothes per week and dry all of them in our "cheap" dryer. They all get dry, wrinkle free, smell good and I do not know what else it is you want. If you are talking about that cute little window in the dryer door, we have had those and were not impressed by it. All just our opinion on our "cheap" dryer.
Ann n Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:11 PM   #49

We all have opinions regarding what feels better, looks better, etc. But I have to admit we had no issue with the dryer. As Gene states above it does exactly what I expect it to do.

Furthermore, the Mountain Aire and the Essex we looked at had a one piece washer/dryer. Again this is just my opinion but I strongly prefer to be able to wash and dry clothes simultaneously.

We also had a preference for the Entegra furniture and an even stronger preference for saving tens of thousands of dollars. But that was just us. IMO Newmar and Entegra build high quality coaches. They have their differences, but in that vein we preferred the differences of Entegra...and apparently the cheap dryer
Old 01-25-2013, 04:41 PM   #50

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
Silly me, and I THOUGHT the purpose of a dryer was to dry clothes. The one Entegra uses does a great job of that, is very quiet and efficient, besides you have doors covering the washer and dryer, I am not sure what a cheap dryer looks like but I DO know that the Entegra dryer works great and that is the reason we have one. We wash several loads of clothes per week and dry all of them in our "cheap" dryer. They all get dry, wrinkle free, smell good and I do not know what else it is you want. If you are talking about that cute little window in the dryer door, we have had those and were not impressed by it. All just our opinion on our "cheap" dryer.
X2 on Gene's comments...I put on a Harley Davison shirt that I'd been sending to the cleaners, that the wife just washed and dried in that cheap washer and dryer. Looked better than the stix dryer job this shirt last saw. Now, since I was the operator in that case, it could be the operator, but I have no problem with what comes out of this washer and dryer, other than I can't overpack it like I did in the stix house....hmmmmm...maybe it was the operator in that case
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:13 PM   #51

First, do we know what brand/model those "Cheap" dryers are? I suspect it's either a Whirlpool or Maytag brand...so what's wrong with that?

As for the seating, I would rather sit on the Cornerstone's LEATHER than that cheeeeeep fake ultraleather Newmar puts in coaches listing at $725-850K! Gimme a break, Newmar! BTW...I'm sitting on some nice distressed leather in my "old" 2007 Alante, which listed at almost half the current cost of that KingAire. So why would I want to spend that amount to downgrade to ultraleather?

As for the front axle rating, why the flaunting about a 20k# axle? The K-A is correspondingly heavier, hence the need for the higher capacity. BTW....the Newells and Prevosts need more cargo carrying capacity too! Ya can't directly compare a coach costing $850k with one in the high fives. There SHOULD be a big difference in the offerings....and there isn't that much, in MY opinion.

Don't get me wrong...Newmar builds some nice products, but at those prices they'd better be nice. The better bang for the buck is clearly the Entegra.
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:52 PM   #52

Entegra Owners Club
I don't know how much you gain comparing coaches that are at such different price points. At Tampa, I went down the line of the King Aires (think they had six or seven). They were very nice, but...I tried to ID what took me from the $500k level to the $750K level.

I just didn't see it. It might have been useful to see the Essex (they only had one there) to see the "in between", but it as locked up and not being shown on Sat and Sunday.

I did think the furniture was a more comfortable than my Anthem and the Cornerstone I looked at.

But the next level of coach, with Foretravel, Newell, and Prevost. There were clear differences....as there should be when you double in cost. So I come back to what you get for $750k.

I just don't think you're getting the extra $300k in value. JMHO (but I'd be happy to drive either down the road or into a campground (or the Super Bowl, because if I had that kind of money, I'd also have the $3k for the ticket, and the $1k for the parking lot.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:06 PM   #53

X2 Dave/Beth's comment above.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:15 PM   #54

Gee did I ruffle a few feather here..... I think most of you missed my point ..... Yes the dryer is cheap, does it work, I'm sure it does but it's not something I think most people would expect to find in a 500k coach...... But my other point is the dryer has been down graded to a cheaper model then what was in the coach last year this time....

Yes Entergra offer allot for its price point, but I think their standard has dropped on several items over the last year.... I would rather see Entegra keep the higher end quality products and raise their MSRP a few percent then lower the quality of their products to keep a flat line price point
Old 01-26-2013, 09:22 PM   #55

Interesting. I'm personally not aware of a cheaper dryer vs what was in the coach last year. But I'll verify if a change was made and reply so we're all clear.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:29 PM   #56

In my 2013, we have a Maytag dryer, certainly good enough for us. I am not aware of any downgrades, in fact the opposite is apparent in many places.

Ann n Gene is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar