Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2018, 07:24 AM   #1

Entegra vs Newmar

Have any of you owned a Newmar or traveled with one? We're going to be purchasing a new coach next year and my short list is the 42-Aspire or the 43-Dutch Star. Now I know one has an upgraded interior but my main decision point is which one has a reputation for fewer reasons to have mechanical or electrical problems worked on, and overall better customer support.:
Thanks for your comments!
Mr. T is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2018, 08:21 AM   #2

TWO year warranty / customer support / pricing
Trapper56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 09:09 AM   #3

Have owned both. Both have excellent CS after the sale, both are great coaches. Newmar is more customizable, and also more expensive. Or at least that has been my experience. What sold me on Entegra was the two year bumper to bumper warranty and 2 year free PDI.
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 03:44 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Also a Newmar refugee. Bang for the buck and customer service...goes to Entegra. Speed and convenience on warranty claims...goes to Newmar.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 05:39 PM   #5

Might want to post on the Newmar forum to see all perspectives.
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 06:32 PM   #6

Yes... entegra all the way for me.. Newmar has a nice exterior and the king air has some great quality features such as 200 gallon fuel tank... but then I walk into one and they loose me at the door... floor plan and color combination is big and I just never see it in a newmar... jmo...
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 08:30 AM   #7

Aspire is more aligned with the Ventana in the Newmar line. Dutch Star aligns with the Anthem. Not much difference in price between the two anymore, since about 2016-17 price changes at Entegra. Newmar can have items from other coaches in the line included as specials. Example I have the wood plank ceramic tile from a King Aire in my 2017 DS.

It really starts with which floor plan works for you. That is usually more important than anything else. Something like having a fireplace, available in Newmar's as a Special but standard on some of the Entegra models.
ghaynes754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 08:37 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghaynes754 View Post
Aspire is more aligned with the Ventana in the Newmar line. Dutch Star aligns with the Anthem. Not much difference in price between the two anymore, since about 2016-17 price changes at Entegra. Newmar can have items from other coaches in the line included as specials. Example I have the wood plank ceramic tile from a King Aire in my 2017 DS.

It really starts with which floor plan works for you. That is usually more important than anything else. Something like having a fireplace, available in Newmar's as a Special but standard on some of the Entegra models.
I would tend to disagree on your comparison. Now I think the Insignia is more comparable to the Ventana and the Aspire is pretty darn close to the Dutch Star. Since Entegra made the Aspire an IFS and all electric coach on a Spartan chassis the Aspire is closer to the Dutch Star.

I went through the options list on a Dutch Star and added the items that were standard on the Aspire. Next I took a look at what many have reported as being their discount on each unit. The Newmar's seem to top out at around 25-28% and the Entegra's around 35-38%. Taking into account the difference in reported discounts the Entegra comes in about $40-50,000 less than the Dutch Star.
Old 08-21-2018, 09:40 AM   #9
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2flyfishin View Post
Have any of you owned a Newmar or traveled with one? We're going to be purchasing a new coach next year and my short list is the 42-Aspire or the 43-Dutch Star. Now I know one has an upgraded interior but my main decision point is which one has a reputation for fewer reasons to have mechanical or electrical problems worked on, and overall better customer support.:
My personal experience: 2014 Cornerstone-lots and lots and lots of problems. 2018 Dutch Star-very few so far. However, I think the dealer makes all the difference in the world. National Indoor vs. Lazy Days. No comparison in my opinion. NIRVC head and shoulders over LD.
Old 08-21-2018, 10:00 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2flyfishin View Post
Just my experience, but that is going to be the luck of the draw on vendor items. 90% of my problems were vendor, customer support from Entegra was fantastic.

Both manufacture use the same vendor items.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 04:59 PM   #11

I owned a 2018 CS. I pick up my 2019 Dutch Star in 7 weeks. That's all I can say.
Old 08-22-2018, 05:11 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendRVers View Post
I owned a 2018 CS. I pick up my 2019 Dutch Star in 7 weeks. That's all I can say.
wow... now thats one you don't read every day... brand new conerstone to a dutch star...
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 11:46 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowejug View Post
wow... now thats one you don't read every day... brand new conerstone to a dutch star...
I'm sure but we originally were buying a DS until the salesman said, let me show you an Anthem. We looked at it and just for the heck of it also looked at the CS. The bling got my wife and I so we bought it. I couldn't justify spending another 100k for a motor and chassis but I did and custom ordered one. Did we have problems? Six months later we were out of it and two very happy campers especially since we didn't lose a dime.

At that point it was too late to custom order any new coaches so we had to wait for the 2019's to be released. We decided to order the DS which was what we originally wanted due to Newmar's quality build reputation.

FYI... Salesmen make an additional commission when they sell Entegra's directly from Entegra for pushing their stuff.

Its been a long wait but we custom ordered the heck out of the DS including awnings on the drivers side, Essex flooring and counter tops, custom paint, etc, etc. and we're doing an FPU.

Live and learn.
Old 08-23-2018, 09:45 AM   #14

I agonized for over six months comparing the two brands. At the end of they day both will be excellent coaches, and both will have their share of problems. I know I would have been happy with either. I wound up buying Newmar beacause I already had one and was most impresssed with the service in Nappanee. But, I do feel like you pay more for Newmar's because of the ability to customize, and having that extra year warranty with an Entegra is huge, especially with how technical these rigs have become and all of the stuff that seems to wrong the first 2-3 years.

You will be fine either way. Go and see and drive the heck out of them (Comfort Drive is REALLY nice), pick the best floor plan for you, and never look back.
Jtrving is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra, newmar