Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-01-2018, 09:34 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaton View Post
Ok, I would agree that the Phaeton 40AH is a lot closer to an Entegra than a Tiffin PA RED.

The Aspire still has an edge in several areas that a lot of RV’ers might consider important.

Just a few that come to mind.

1. Side Radiator in the Aspire.

2. Independent front suspension in the Aspire.

3. Both have the Cummins 450 ISL with the Allison 3000, the Tiffin rides on a Freightliner while the Aspire sits on a Spartan K2. There are lots of threads on this forum comparing these two Chassis. Read them and then you decide.

4. Bath and a half in the Aspire. Single bath in the Tiffin.

5. Aspire 15,000 lb hitch, Tiffin 10,000 lb.

6. I believe the Aspire has a tag axle, Tiffin does not.

7. Hydronic heating standard on Aspire, optional on the Tiffin.

8. Inverter 3000 watts on Aspire, 2000 watts on Tiffin.
Just a note: Some of these features depend on the length and model of each coach.
The 450 ISL is only available on the Phaeton 44 footer.
IFS is available on the Phaeton but only in the 40 IH all-electric model and the 44 footer which both ride on their power glide chassis.
Phaeton and Aspire both have tag axles only on 42 foot and longer models.

Additionally, the Aspire is more expensive than the Phaeton. As I mentioned above, the Tiffin Allegro Bus is a close match to the Aspire.
Sonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-01-2018, 11:59 AM   #30

We are have our second Anthem, wow, I would not have anything but an Entegra, for the quite ride, and everything else. I had a guy ask me about our Entegra, he said I only vacation in our rig and with you being a full timer why did you have an Entegra. Well after more than an hour talking, showing and explaining he said I should sell them. He also said a full timers know what is the best. We are in 34 degree weather right now, we are warm and very comfortable, the cargo area heat is not on yet and it is 58 degrees there. So Entegra heck yes and if you have a couple hours I can tell you why.
Apen48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:26 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by momdoc View Post
Thanks again. Lots to consider.
Actually, the Tiffin Phaeton 40IH XSH is 41 feet long. It has a custom powerglide chassis with an independent front suspension.

It also has a HUGE amount under storage space that puts any Entegra to shame.

It comes with an upgraded sypder control system and you can option in the 450hp Cummins if you want. It's $40,000-$60,000 cheaper than the base level Entegras.

Check out the 40IH. You will like it.
40IH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 06:25 AM   #32

Entegra Owners Club
I have never seen any Tiffen except the Zephyr that can match the basement height of my Anthem. My clear height from floor to rails is at least 6” taller than the Allegro Bus.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 06:37 AM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
We looked at the Aspire, Anthem and Allegro bus 45 this past fall.

We ended up with the Tiffin Bus and it feels more like home than our bricks and sticks that we sold to go full time.

I happen to think both brands are excellent choices, and would not turn down either, given the choice.
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 07:15 AM   #34

Tiffin Owners Club
Another factor is the year of the coach if not buying new. All of the makers will follow each other and/or play catch up for whatever are the hot selling functional features. Last year when we were considering the Cornerstone, we automatically excluded all other Entegras because the Cornerstone was the only Entegra that had active air adjusting ride and air leveling. This year, Tiffin is going to a system similar to the Vega Touch. So without getting into the "mine is better than yours" war, consider all of the options.
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 08:29 AM   #35

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
I have never seen any Tiffen except the Zephyr that can match the basement height of my Anthem. My clear height from floor to rails is at least 6” taller than the Allegro Bus.

The 40IH and 44OH are new designs taller than others and bigger basement. But they are still Tiffins so lack the insulation and quiet ride of Entegra.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 08:43 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
The 40IH and 44OH are new designs taller than others and bigger basement. But they are still Tiffins so lack the insulation and quiet ride of Entegra.
I think both of those floor plans are on a Tiffin-made Powerglide chassis. I don't know the specifics, but I was told the massive storage compartments are because the rails are "higher" than the typical "raised rail" chassis we are all familiar with. Another benefit of this specific chassis is that it provides a totally flat floor without a raised area over the rear engine. A potential downside of this design is that the overall height of the coach is also higher, and I think it is within just a few inches of the Maximum height allowed of 13'-6"
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 10:15 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
...and I think it is within just a few inches of the Maximum height allowed of 13'-6"
At 13' 2", it is the same height as the tallest Entegra, and much taller than the Aspire, but with no tag axle and much lower GVW. I don't want to drive it in the wind.
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 03:41 PM   #38

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
I like that. The extra basement space is very welcome. I wonder if this will propagate throughout the Tiffin products. Now if they would stuff some extra insulation in there (how hard can that be?) they would be a real contender in my book.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 10:10 AM   #39

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Entegra vs Tiffin

We were drawn to Entegra because of the X-Bracing in the basement, and Spartan's side radiator.

X-bracing - Helps eliminate flexing in the frame.
Side Radiator - Ease of maintenance.

Cheers!
HarleySG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 10:38 AM   #40

Tiffin Owners Club
Again thanks. After pricing various units I think we are leaning Tiffin's way. But I do thank you all for your input.
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 10:41 AM   #41

Entegra vs Tiffin

Which model have you selected, RED, PHAETON, BUS? In what floor plan?
pallencollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:40 AM   #42

Exclamation Don't make my mistake

Don't buy just on price, I would encourage you to stretch the budget if possible. I too bought a Phaeton 2 years ago based on Price. Now I own an Entegra Aspire. Trust me they don't compare! We live in the Pacific NW where it is usually wet and cold and I can tell you that the insulation, heat, and dryness was far worse in my Tiffin than it is in my Aspire.
Also know that you will be working on these rigs or have someone else be working on them for you no matter what you get. I've been through both systems and the design on my Entegra are far easier to work on than my Tiffin.
I would for sure drive them both before you make a decision.
Good Luck
feel free to PM me if you want to talk live for more detail.
kevinantholt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra, tiffin