Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-18-2018, 06:48 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Entertainment Center Confusion

Where does does someone go to learn how to use all this stuff? We have the Winegard satellite and the WiFi extender but our dealer rushed the walk thru and never showed us how to use any of it. Is there a resource available to help walk us thru how all the TV's, remotes, satellite, WiFi, etc., all integrate? i would like to setup my satellite and begin to get TV. Also we were told that we could see the outside cameras on our TV's and would like to learn how to do that. Any advice appreciated!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2018, 03:21 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Then go back to your dealer and make him do his job. It's either that, or sit down with the manuals and start studying.

Old 03-18-2018, 07:14 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
It is amazing the videos that can be found on YouTube. It would be worth searching. Some of the vendors have excellent videos on their products.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 07:59 PM   #4

We had the same experience. Our Direct TV was up and working and that was all DW cared about. It was only after I tried to learn the nuances of the system did I realize how little I knew. Add the VegaTouch and the video box in the basement into the mix and things can get complicated and messed up in a big hurry. I had to add a new sound bar and nothing has worked the same since. One day the remote will operate the Direct TV receiver but the VegaTouch won't. The next none of the remotes will work and DW is changing channels on the Direct TV receiver. I have an appointment in Bend on Wed for a LOF change and hope to get this sorted out then.

As far as your camera display is concerned my little camera toggle that appears when you select radio after selecting a tv doesn't work either.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 08:27 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Iím interested in outside cameras on the TVs. Iíll keep watching this thread.
TXBart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 09:57 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Yeah itís a tough one. Dealer is too far away.
Old 03-19-2018, 07:18 AM   #7

To get cameras on tv. Vega touch. You have to turn on house mode. Then say overhead tv.
Click on that tv Vega touch. Tell it to load cameras. Also on Vega touch same screen. It may take a few times. Do the same for all TVs.
Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 06:44 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice View Post
To get cameras on tv. Vega touch. You have to turn on house mode. Then say overhead tv.
Click on that tv Vega touch. Tell it to load cameras. Also on Vega touch same screen. It may take a few times. Do the same for all TVs.

Thank You!
Old 03-20-2018, 06:05 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
This post is invaluable. I will be making a list for posts like this, then plan at least 4 days at our dealer. A week at Stone Mountain before a summers trip with a dealer stop on the way home for anything we find on the trip. I also have a lot to learn with a new model and you all are helping a lot.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
Old 03-20-2018, 06:16 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
This post is invaluable. I will be making a list for posts like this, then plan at least 4 days at our dealer. A week at Stone Mountain before a summers trip with a dealer stop on the way home for anything we find on the trip. I also have a lot to learn with a new model and you all are helping a lot.

Good idea. Also recommend you make a video of your dealer walk through, or at least the parts that are new to you. Many cameras now have video capability, donít need fancy video camera. Just make sure to have high capacity storage like 32 or 65GB
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 06:42 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
Good idea. Also recommend you make a video of your dealer walk through, or at least the parts that are new to you. Many cameras now have video capability, don’t need fancy video camera. Just make sure to have high capacity storage like 32 or 65GB
I thought that's what YouTube is for Just me, but I would rather touchy feely with hands on experience than running a camera and maybe I did not ask the right question..

I will be combing over post like this before our delivery, making a list and make sure we understand all of the new equipment before leaving the dealer, then spending another week in the area.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
Old 03-20-2018, 10:02 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I thought that's what YouTube is for Just me, but I would rather touchy feely with hands on experience than running a camera and maybe I did not ask the right question..

Iím not saying you have to hold the camera! Your travel partner or hired help will do. Preferably travel partner so they are engaged with the process.
YouTube is fine but it may not have what you need for your coach, especially with the new features.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 10:39 AM   #13

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
There are many resources. But the advice to have the dealer do a better job of explaining it all is the best, TAKE A VIDEO CAMERA AND FILM IT.

ON my RV, for each device, I have gone to the maker's web site and downloaded the proper manual, I also have a portfolio (Came with the RV) full of owner's manuals) PDF"s on HD easier to carry).

Now. I am a trained Electronics Techncian so I understand the manuals. But even I have issues figuring 'em out from time to time. Especially the colored multi-function buttons.. (Like many men I am slightly color blind).

When it get really fun is when you want to use the HOME THEATER sound system to watch TV.. But for now

Wi-Fi booster or system, I'm going to have to send you to the manual, I still need to be "hands on" to walk you through those (NOTE: I built my own system)

TV/Satellite, The DISH remote can turn teh TV on and off, change volume and perhaps some other functions. But you will need the DISH manual to figure out how to program it

Beyond that

The OTA antenna (For local broadcast TV) there is eiteher a wall plate (like a outlet cover size plate) With a switch, 12 volt accessory outlet (all but useless) antenna fitting, Switch and LIGHT, somewhere eitehr near the MAIN TV (possibly hidden behind it) or near the rooftop Antenna (but inside) I found one in a cabinet hiding behind a wall wart once,

Or a Box of Many Buttons (BOMB) properly called a Matrix Switch, this box is designed so you can watch Satellit on one TV, OTA on another and CABLE on yet a third if you wish.

For Over the Air Broadcast the LIGHT must be on (And on the BOMB ANT seleted for the TV you are watching)
Then you scan for channels on the TV.

For Park Cable teh light must be OFF. on the wall plate, Or Cable selected on the BOMB.

That's about all I can tell you without eyes on
Old 03-21-2018, 05:10 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
Iím not saying you have to hold the camera! Your travel partner or hired help will do. Preferably travel partner so they are engaged with the process.
YouTube is fine but it may not have what you need for your coach, especially with the new features.
There is a good idea, having Karen do the filming as I ask the questions.

2016 Colorado Z71 PU