RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2019, 03:24 PM   #1

Entrega Aspire

I have been looking at used coaches for a while, and really like the older Country Coaches, and Beavers. But so far the floor plans don't work for us. After having a 2006 Dutch Star that I sold last year, I would like to step up a little in quality.

But my wife saw a 2015 Entegra Aspire, 39 foot, that we both liked. I know very little about the Entegra Aspire, except that it is their entry level.

My concerns are;

Are they reliable as other high end coaches,
Is the ride smooth and quiet,
Do they wear well over time
how is the slide system
Customer service
Choice of Chassis manufacturers
and how about the 450 Cummins engine (Post DEF)?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2019, 04:52 PM   #2

Hi efstewart, and welcome to the group.

If you trace the lineage, the Travel Supreme was the predecessor to the Entegra coach. The me who started TS did so after leaving Newmar.

Many would compare the Entegra and the Newmar quite favorably, as both are build using very similar methods.

I’ll give you our perspective on Entegra, as it relates to your specific questions.

Are they reliable as other high end coaches,

This is a highly variable answer. Keep in mind there are well over 3000 coaches on the road now, and people posting of issues here on IRV2 are in the great minority. Overall, I’ve been impressed with the overall quality and have really enjoyed the coach.

Is the ride smooth and quiet,

After debugging our new coach, we’ve been very happy with the ride and quietness. Our Tiffin Phaeton was a rattle trap in comparison.

Do they wear well over time

As mentioned earlier, debugging was a long high effort affair, but now the coach has been quite reliable. We always have 4 plus a dog, so I’d say we are a little harder on our coach than a retired couple. So far, the coach has fared quite well in spite of our heavy usage.

how is the slide system

The slide system is quite robust and thus far trouble free. Knock on wood!

Customer service

The CS at Entegra is really phenomenal. I’ve been consistently impressed with how thorough and capable the CS Reps have been. Keep in mind things change, and you’re getting the opinion of one family.

Choice of Chassis manufacturers

You can have any chassis you like that is manufactured in Charlotte, MI. Seriously though, Entegra uses Spartan chassis exclusively on their newer coaches.

and how about the 450 Cummins engine (Post DEF)?

As CAT exited the OTR market a long time ago, your choice of power is limited to Cummins. In the Entegra coaches you can get the L9 (renamed ISL9) or the X15 (renamed ISX). The L9 is a 450 HP power plant that has proven capable and reliable. We put over 33,000 miles on our coach in the first 2 years with very few issues. The DEF engines have been reliable for us, but others have had periodic issues. Frankly, I’d prefer a simpler exhaust treatment system, but if you want a newer coach, DEF is part of the equation.

While the Insignia is the entry trim level coach, we really feel our Aspire is a great value.

IMHO, I’d recommend a tag axle coach as it drives a bit better and can distribute the load more effectively.

I hope this helps.

-Matt

Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 05:42 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
We went from a 2005 Beaver to a 2013 Aspire 42 RBQ. We drove that one for 5 years. After a few issues during the warranty the coach and it's systems worked extremely well for the entire time we owned it. The only caveat I would add is that, if you should buy a coach with Goodyears on it, change the tires. A front tire blowout was the end of life for that Aspire. We replaced that coach with a 2017 Aspire RBQ. There were no issues on that coach prior to trading to a 2019 Aspire 44B. It too has been trouble free. Our only warranty issues have been cosmetic or Furion oriented (the supplier of the fireplace and induction cooktop - both of which have been replaced). We found that the Aspires drove better, and were significantly quieter, than our Beaver. Obviously we liked them enough to keep buying them. Our experience has been that they are very reliable and the customer service is second to none. If we were ever to buy another "last coach," the only way we would move to a different brand would involve a lottery jackpot and a Newell.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 06:31 PM   #4

Another consideration is the evolution of each trim level.

For example, 2017 was a watershed year for the Aspire, gaining diesel Aquahot, IFS (Independent Front Suspension), and Induction cooktop, plus a few extra doodads.

Therefore, 2017 the Aspire gained a lot of ground on the Anthem.

Over the next 2 model years, Anthems saw upgrades to further differentiate it from the Aspire.

It seems that every new product year, the coaches go through a slinky of product improvement.

The one coach that will forever be significantly different is the Cornerstone. Forget for a minute power of the 605HP X15. Simply take a look at what the Spartan K3-605 chassis offers. Dual steering boxes, steerable tag, etc.

I think each coach offers a lot, and depending on the year, maybe more than you might expect.

-Matt
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 04:50 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Entrega Aspire

My previous coach was a 2009 Monaco Camelot which we bought new and lived in for 9 years and 54,000 miles. The chassis was custom designed for each length and model coach. It had 10 airbags, we added 10 custom Bilstein 60mm shocks, and a custom front swaybar. Last year we sold it and bought a used 2015 Aspire.

Weíve had all sorts of trouble that has steadily been fixed (thanks to our extended warranty) by NIRVC. But I believe most of our problems were rooted in the prior ownership lack of proper maintenance. That included transmission, dash AC, and a broken slide motor mount.

But we are now at the Entegra Home homecoming, which also has free service from techs. We have no problems to report. Yay! And we are more comfortable with the 44B layout than in our prior coach. Simply stated, we like living in it better.

But even better for me, I think the ride is better and so is the handling. And I still have the original shocks, I can drive further with less tiredness than in the prior coach. Even though Iím older now and roads donít seem to improve any.

So I am an owner with extensive problems but still glad I got the Aspire. Everything has been addressed and at this point in am happy with the coach.
Johnontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 09:06 AM   #6

I am curious about your extended warranty plan, NIRVC?

Or anyone else have a good report on extended warranty plans?
Old 05-15-2019, 03:43 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
I think the issue is whether to put the money aside and use to cover cost or to pay for a warranty. We have chosen the former recognizing we could get an ugly surprise.

If we were to have a warranty it would be from NIRVC.

And we second all the comments above about Entegra.
Saltydog44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 09:31 AM   #8

2015 Aspire 39e

We just purchased a 2015 Aspire 39e two months ago and it's our first motorhome. I did a tremendous amount of research including crawling through these forums. There is a lot of knowledge here that is tremendously helpful.

We've had other types of campers in the past and all of them have had issues. Something breaks, fails, or vibrates loose. I think being a handyman is a necessity unless you have lots of disposable income. The reason I say this is that you can pay for someone to fix your coach when you have a problem and they may do a terrific job, or most likely they will not. I am painting with a broad brush . There are great technicians out there, but you have to find them. Some of the issues I have discovered with our coach stem from a technician or the former owner who made repairs but did not return things or the area to the same configuration as built, i.e. wire ties, brackets, bolts, routing.

About Entegra. I have have made numerous phone calls to technical support and parts. I don't always get the magic answer the first time, depends on the individual that answers the phone. I will say that I am really impressed with the support that I have received from Entegra. They do answer the phone and they do follow up with questions that take some research. They also have provided engineering drawings to assist me in my troubleshooting/repairs. I have purchased replacement parts through my dealer from Entegra and the cost has been very reasonable. In other words NOT double the cost I can find it elsewhere.

About the build quality. I have seen a lot worse. I have crawled around our coach extensively from top to bottom. I'm just that way. I want to know my equipment to the best of my ability. I can see & appreciate the amount of care & thought that went into the build of our coach. I also see where there have been lessons learned and changes implemented into the newer Entegras. This is just the nature of the beast in all things manufactured. For example, the fresh water pump and filters should have been located in the wet bay area. I think they are in the newer Entegras. For what it is worth I think this is a very solid professionally built coach.

About the documentation. What was provided with the coach and what is available for download via Entegra's website is pretty good, but not totally comprehensive. The owner's manual, combined with the individual equipment manual, covers 90% of what is needed. There are some things that are left to be discovered..What would life be without a little mystery?

About the ride. This coach is very comfortable and quiet while traveling down the road. Any rattles we get are from stuff we have packed into the coach. We address those as we discover them. The coach handles nicely but we are adding a Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer. I feel the steering could be tighter and I think the Safe-T-Plus will help with that.

About the floorplan. We have only had the coach for 2 months but we love it. It has plenty of room for the 2 of us, plenty of storage in the bedroom, bathrooms, and basement. We do plan to make some changes eventually. The first will be to address the lack of a kitchen pantry in this floorplan, not sure of the exact solution yet. The next change is not a priority and may never happen and would take some planning and funding. Someday we may change out the U shaped dinette for the Table/Chair/Workstation configuration, and remove the drivers side couch for a theater style couch or individual recliners, and have a retracting TV located behind the passenger side couch.

Hope this helps

2Nailz is offline   Reply With Quote