Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2013, 08:36 AM   #1

Entry well cover issues: rattle, gap, etc.

Brought home our new Anthem from Michigan this week. On the rougher parts of the interstate the entry well cover rattled. Ended up having to run with it retracted. We also do not like that it doesn't go closer to the door we're afraid one of our puppies may fall in the gap. The cover also doesn't come up flush with the floor like on the Winnebago. Not a big issue. If anyone has dealt with any of this I would appreciate some in put.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2013, 08:44 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggieDaddy View Post
Brought home our new Anthem from Michigan this week. On the rougher parts of the interstate the entry well cover rattled. Ended up having to run with it retracted. We also do not like that it doesn't go closer to the door we're afraid one of our puppies may fall in the gap. The cover also doesn't come up flush with the floor like on the Winnebago. Not a big issue. If anyone has dealt with any of this I would appreciate some in put.
Congratulations, we think we are a couple of weeks away. What are you doing during this cold period here in MN?
Swenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:46 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
My 6 Lb sphinx cat (lanky thing) has no issues with accidentally falling in. Animals have a good sense not to fall down in wells or holes. birds, not so much..
Mario-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:10 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Our Yorkie won't go near it but he sure gets mad when his toys fall in.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:14 AM   #5

just exactly how far from the door is it? Could a persons foot fall in ?
Old 11-24-2013, 09:18 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We have a Revolution Le and it has an air powered cover. It was not going all the way to the entry door so I greased the track on each side and now it shoots to the door and locks into place. No gap...Could this be your problem?
Old 11-24-2013, 09:35 AM   #7

Entry cover rattle

Hey Robert,

We had the same rattle and lived with it for months until we ran into Ted Cook from Entegra at a Good Sam rally in N.Y. There are adjustments under the cover to rectify that problem as well as increase the smoothness of operation. The cover must be extended to adjust. I suggest you contact him/customer service to walk you through it if you are going to do it yourself. The noise/rattle is overwhelming. We could not extend the cover open while traveling because of that either. I will tell you now it is fine after adjustments. Cover will not be exactly flush though F.Y.I. Can't help you on animals falling down there, we travel with a 250 pound pot-bellied pig and a 200 pound english mastiff dog and there feet won't even fit down there!

Ron.
BUS4US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:43 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUS4US View Post
Hey Robert,

We had the same rattle and lived with it for months until we ran into Ted Cook from Entegra at a Good Sam rally in N.Y. There are adjustments under the cover to rectify that problem as well as increase the smoothness of operation. The cover must be extended to adjust. I suggest you contact him/customer service to walk you through it if you are going to do it yourself. The noise/rattle is overwhelming. We could not extend the cover open while traveling because of that either. I will tell you now it is fine after adjustments. Cover will not be exactly flush though F.Y.I. Can't help you on animals falling down there, we travel with a 250 pound pot-bellied pig and a 200 pound english mastiff dog and there feet won't even fit down there!

Ron.
How do you get your piggy in the coach, my 160 Lb pot belly pig won't go near or up the steps, and the tile floor is to shiny, she just freezes and sequels. Im afraid to put her on the couch, her hoofs might go through the leather.
Mario-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:53 AM   #9

Stella!!!

Mario-John,

Send me a PM and I can give you all the details!

Ron.
BUS4US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 03:07 PM   #10

My coach also has the rattle; we have the Aspire. Its so loud that we close it. I'll call customer service and see what can be done. If its an easy adjustment, I can do that with some instructions.

We also get a rattle from the generator door. The generator is quiet but the door rattles. I found that it is metal on metal in the t-handle. When I get a chance, I'll run by the hardware store and pickup up a rubber grommet. In the mean time, I have my own fix with silicone caulk sealant and held it with duct tape. No more rattle. A permanent fix will be the rubber grommet though.....after next week.
Finally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 06:01 PM   #11

I met Ted Cook in Atlanta and he took us on our test drive of the Anthem....I saw the floor does not come up flush, that the air door just closes..Mine now uses an electric screw mechanism..and then comes up at the end..the air door closes sufficiently but Ted said they are trying to engineer a way for the door to be flush after closing..My current door also does not fully extend to the door point but I have 3 English bulldogs and trust me, they won't fall thru.
bullydogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 06:19 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finally View Post
We also get a rattle from the generator door. The generator is quiet but the door rattles. I found that it is metal on metal in the t-handle. When I get a chance, I'll run by the hardware store and pickup up a rubber grommet. In the mean time, I have my own fix with silicone caulk sealant and held it with duct tape. No more rattle. A permanent fix will be the rubber grommet though.....after next week.
Shawn, the generator door is adjustable with four 9/16 nuts. The generator setup is the same as the TS so I am sure the door adjustment is the same. It is a simple fix to adjust the door and tighten it up. Mine slipped before.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 06:46 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
So sometimes when the door closes it rattles. When it does, we close it and then move it back out and it settles a little better and doesn't rattle. Don't know what the trick is. A rough road such as in Indiana, I just hope to make it through without major rattles and squeaks throughout the whole coach...just saying'...
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:15 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Shawn, the generator door is adjustable with four 9/16 nuts. The generator setup is the same as the TS so I am sure the door adjustment is the same. It is a simple fix to adjust the door and tighten it up. Mine slipped before.
I'll take a look tomorrow or better yet, when I'm further south next week for an adjustment.

Thanks for the info.
Finally is offline   Reply With Quote