Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2015, 03:40 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Equalizer Jacks

Hi Members I have a 2015 Cornerstone and had the following problem has anybody else experienced this problem.

I've had my Coach Since end of March 2014 and was able to take my first trip down to the Florida Keys in Mid April. Everything went great and the Jacks leveled flawlessly. As always before I drop my jacks I always look to make sure there are no boulders or large rocks and when I lift them I check to make sure they are up before departing.

Then at the end of May I went to another campground and same thing I checked before dropping the jacks and upon lowering them for some odd reason the coach would not level in the rear. After two attempts I went to check to make sure the Jack was going down correctly and noticed that the round plate was missing and looks like either the weld broke, I have no clue what happen and ended up using the Air bags to level. Upon leaving that campground I turned on the engine and I noticed that the Equalizer Jack panel lit up that my jacks were down and I never put them down. So I pushed the all retract and they came up and everything was back to normal. Now I notice when I go over to the coach to start her up once per week i have that same issue, the equalizer panel lights up that jacks are down, but they aren't, I push the all retract they run and all is back to normal. Also, the Jack that is missing the round base plate works fine. I have had it going up and down it seems it's just missing the round plate.

Entegra has denied the claim saying I dragged my jacks. I am not an inexperienced RVer and I always check to make sure my jacks are up. I am totally clueless what could have happen. I've read other posts from users that the round base sometimes has been hitting or rubbing against the brake line, could it have gotten stuck and pulled off?? Any other ideas.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.JPG
Views:	152
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	98057   Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.JPG
Views:	151
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	98058  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image3.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	98059  
garyhz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2015, 04:03 PM   #2
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
While at the factory two weeks ago, I _think_ I heard Ted Cook say that the jacks would immediately retract if the engine is running and the transmission is shifted out of neutral. Seems like you would really have to hit the accelerator quickly to drag a jack unless you were on very uneven terrain or the base of the jack was below ground level. If you visually verify all four are up every time before moving I don't know what else you could do.

As to the lights coming on when starting after sitting, mine has started doing that too. Cook said that this is an indication that the pressure that's supposed to hold the jacks in the up position is below target, not a measure of actual jack position. Hitting retract runs the pump and builds the pressure back up to target. Said to just leave the power switch on the Equalizer panel on.

Hope the repair is not too expensive. Insurance might come into play?
rbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 04:24 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
This post might be a big help for you. You are not the first to experience the problem http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/lost-a-jack-pad-219160.html

The same jack are not a Cornerstone exclusive. But your fantastic air leveling is
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 07:32 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Tomorrow I have to go over to the RV and shoot a video of the jack going up and down for some reason Equalizer told my dealer i have to bring the RV in and they have to do a test with a level to show that the Jack isn't bent or crooked I guess. I told them it goes up and down fine it's just missing the Pad. They are telling me at Entegra I must have dragged it.. If i dragged it in the down position I do believe I'd have some structural damage and a few other jacks messed up too. Plus I'm sure it would have made some sort of racket. This all makes no sense to me. Either way Equalizer has to ok if it's warranty work. I'm trying to keep calm. thanks for the feedback
Old 06-22-2015, 08:00 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
You might want to mention Wineman's post to Equalizer that it is not the first time it has happened. I have had a few warranty claims with Equalizer and they have always come through.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:22 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Ron,

I know for a fact the jacks on a 2014 will not automatically go up if the engine is started and transmission put in gear.

A couple weeks ago we didn't follow our normal departure process. When I put it in gear it wouldn't go, applied a little more throttle and got a grumble. Didn't move more than about 1/2" when my wife asked if I raised the jacks, I said "No, did you?" At which time she pointed out that I always do. Oops! Got out and looked, no drag marks on the ground, no bending evident on any jack. Retracted them and all has been fine; we used them about 6 times after that with no issues.

Vance & Robin
Dexter and Winston - Old English Sheepdog Security Service
2014 Entegra Anthem 42DEQ
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 08:42 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Informative post, thanks Vance. I will be sure to stick to my check list as I still can't get use to air up first and then jacks. Been doing it the other way for too many years.
Old 06-22-2015, 09:22 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
I'm going over tomorrow to also check to see if I can clean out the bolt hole that from seeing the other pics from the anthem I didn't know was there, thought it looked like a weld.. fingers crossed this could be good news.
Old 06-23-2015, 04:27 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Gary, looking at you photo again, I see what looks like fluid around the jack. It may not hurt to have the dealer look at that. It could have a bad seal and the jack might be replaced under warranty.
Old 06-23-2015, 05:32 AM   #10
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post
Ron,

I know for a fact the jacks on a 2014 will not automatically go up if the engine is started and transmission put in gear.
Thanks Vance - I'll do my best not to test it. I could have easily heard that wrong or maybe it was a change made along the way, as I know I heard Ted say that the Equalizer brain was very capable of running complex algorithms.
Old 06-23-2015, 07:19 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Got to say...jacks up before slides in...golden rule. Gotta get the sequence ingrained or potential slide problems as well. That said, if you follow that sequence as religion, hard to believe you dragged the jacks. At least for mine, it seems like the alarm screeches at me anytime I turn on the ignition. And, again, I check jacks up twice, every time I pack up to go. The first time after I air up after turning ignition on, and the second after I have pulled the slides in prior to leaving. Just routine now. JMHO
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:34 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Robin says when she is ready to "decamp", I go the driver's seat, start the engine, wait for it to air up, retract jacks, wait for it to air up again, let her know she can retract slides then I go do the outside stuff. By the time I am done outside, to include running the toad, slides are in. I do a walk around, get back in. If we unhooked the toad Robin gets out and we do a light and toad rolling check then hit the road.

Something interrupted our flow one morning and I missed 2 major items! As a result I have dreamed twice that I was going down the road and suddenly realized the slides were out!

Vance & Robin
Dexter and Winston - Old English Sheepdog Security Service
2014 Entegra Anthem 42DEQ
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:37 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Gary, the link below explains how to address the "jacks down" LED warning and alarm. It is apparently usually due to air entering the system. Probably need the feet to be intact to do the correction, though. Mine has done the same thing, but I believe it is due to a hydraulic leak in the left side rear jack, and it is being serviced at Cummins Power South in Orlando, which is a Spartan service provider.
http://equalizersystems.com/files/sh...e_04-06-10.pdf
Hope this helps.
opusdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:52 AM   #14
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by opusdog View Post
Gary, the link below explains how to address the "jacks down" LED warning and alarm. ....
Great info Tom - Thanks! One of the key bits in there for me is:

...only alarming that occurs within 24 hours of the last “All Retract” command are to be considered to be a potential issue.

In my case that means "don't worry about it - just turn system on and hit all retract and go on about your business".

Tags
jacks