Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2013, 05:52 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Eternabond Tape for roofs question

After reading the post regarding "Leaking Roof" and the number of replies that also have leaking problems has any Entegra owners sealed all of their roof seams and vent and A/C seals with Eternabond tape? I did the TS as soon as I brought it home 10 years ago and have never had to repair a roof seam or had any problems. After reading the number of leaks I will do the Anthem as soon as I bring it home as well. I hate leaks.

Just wondering if others have used Eternabond Tape. RV Leak Repair Tapes & Sealants | EternaBond
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Roof Tape 002 (Small).jpg
Views:	246
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	46428  
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2013, 06:58 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I just got done using Eternabond and Dicor on the front and rear seams as well as over an older patch on my rig. It's easy to work with, looks good and does prevent or stop leaks. I'll have to take some pics and post them.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:10 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Just wondering if others have used Eternabond Tape. RV Leak Repair Tapes & Sealants | EternaBond
I'm sure there 100's if not 1000's who have used Eternabond tape to seal/repair RV roofs and leaks...
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:57 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
I know many MH have Eternabond, including mine. I was asking on the Entegra forum if any of the new Entegra owners have used Eternabond. This was in addition to a post about roof leaks that I did not want to hijack.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:08 AM   #5

Roof leaks have not been a big problem and seldom mentioned until the last few days. I do not believe it is a systemic problem, at least from what has been posted to date. They HAVE had an issue with awning bracket mounts causing leaks and a few over the door and the toll window but none of those suggest a widespread roof leak problem so likely very little eternal bond has been used on Entegras. JMHO
Old 09-20-2013, 09:25 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks Gene. Not having seen the roof of an Entegra yet (no ladders ) and what the seams are like. I sure like the fact of never having to maintain the roof seams by using Eternabond. Also glad to hear that the roofs are not problematic.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:03 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Eternabonding roof

Honestly, I don't think my roof is leaking and I do know Eternabound is great! I think most of my problems with my three leaks is miscellaneous caulking errors. I don't see anything wrong with applying Eternabound tape on the roof except added expense and time is your roof is already sound. I think applying leak tape to the roof is "Plan B" for me.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:37 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
Honestly, I don't think my roof is leaking and I do know Eternabound is great! I think most of my problems with my three leaks is miscellaneous caulking errors. I don't see anything wrong with applying Eternabound tape on the roof except added expense and time is your roof is already sound. I think applying leak tape to the roof is "Plan B" for me.
The sealers used on coach roofs, including Entegras, have a useful life of a few years at best, and then they must be repaired/replaced which is a difficult time-consuming process. I used Eternabond on my previous coach and the results were terrific. My Anthem does not leak, but in order to avoid future maintenance on these sealers I intend to cover them with Eternabond as soon as practical. By doing this, these sealants will last indefinitely and most likely never leak or require maintenance in the foreseeable future.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:42 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
The sealers used on coach roofs, including Entegras, have a useful life of a few years at best, and then they must be repaired/replaced which is a difficult time-consuming process. I used Eternabond on my previous coach and the results were terrific. My Anthem does not leak, but in order to avoid future maintenance on these sealers I intend to cover them with Eternabond as soon as practical. By doing this, these sealants will last indefinitely and most likely never leak or require maintenance in the foreseeable future.
Marc,
Thank you for answering the OP. I am also one that does not like to do constant maintenance on roof seams. Thanks for letting me know other Entegra owners also use Eternabond. After 10 years of never having to touch my roof, I know I am sold on it.

I replaced a dry rotted vent cap the other day. After removing the Eternabond Tape the Dicor caulking was like it was just laid and peeled right off with the vent cap.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:17 AM   #10

I did both front and back seams on my Revolution and had something that was under the Eternabond and it was coming up. I had to use a hammer and chisel to remove the rest. Used De-natural Alcohol and replace Eternabond. Done right the second time. Now I have a problem of the screws that connect the roof with the walls leaking.
GregOk80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:45 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
After reading the post regarding "Leaking Roof" and the number of replies that also have leaking problems has any Entegra owners sealed all of their roof seams and vent and A/C seals with Eternabond tape? I did the TS as soon as I brought it home 10 years ago and have never had to repair a roof seam or had any problems. After reading the number of leaks I will do the Anthem as soon as I bring it home as well. I hate leaks.

There are a number of Eternabond tape products on the web-site, i.e.: Roof Eliminator, Bond Roof Sealer Tape, Bond Roof Sealer Tape plus, etc. Which one are you recommending?
Jake62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:50 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake62 View Post
There are a number of Eternabond tape products on the web-site, i.e.: Roof Eliminator, Bond Roof Sealer Tape, Bond Roof Sealer Tape plus, etc. Which one are you recommending?
You are correct, lots of "new" products. When I did mine it was the 4 inch Eternabond Tape available in gray only. Shortly after that they came out with it white. I am going to call them and ask them which one was the original Eternabond when I do mine. I want to see what color my roof is so I can try to get a matching color, if it's available. I bought mine in 50 ft rolls, it took 2 and I had some left over on my 38 ft MH.

It was an easy job to do" clean the seams and 2 inches on both side with a rag and laq. thinner. Start the Eternabond and peel about 3 or 4 feet of backing off at a time and press it down. I used a wallpaper seam roller to roll it smooth, but at the end I found using my hand was faster. I did the entire roof in probably less than an hour, it does go fast.

When I sealed around the vents and A/C's I split the 4" into 2" strips and used 4" pieced to go around the vent seams.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:51 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
If the seams are not large on the Entergra, It looks like I will go with the 2 in in a color to match. EternaBond RoofSeal
Old 09-23-2013, 11:50 AM   #14

This is all news to me. Owing a motorhome (six different ones) since 1980 we have NEVER had a roof leak. Also I have never done anything to the old roofs. I was not aware that so much was needed to be done. So never a leak on old used coaches then I purchase my first new coach.......two leaks. Go figure.

JJ
ShadowBolt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eternabond, roof