Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2017, 09:15 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Excel Maintenance Document

Can someone help me to edit this document please? i have created this Workbook that has four separate sheets (look on bottom of document), that is designed to be a maintenance organization tool. The 4 separate sheets are as follows:
1. Maintenance Schedule: This sheet shows all of the scheduled maintenance repairs in a table form with a log so yo can both see when a task is due to be performed and a log to record completion
2. Parts/Belts/Filters/Etc.: This sheet shows all of the different parts, part numbers, quantities, etc. that i have culled form the various lists i have found in this forum.
3. Chassis Lube: This sheet lists all of the chassis lube locations and also has links to the diagrams i have found here.
4. Emergency Spare Parts: This sheet has a list of emergency parts, belts, etc., that should be carried with our coaches. (this list needs to be completed)

The document is not quite complete but i would like to share it with some of you with more knowledge and experience to check for accuracy so i can edit it before permanently loading it up, if someone would like to volunteer for this i can email it to you.

The reason for this document is because, as a new owner, i have found it quite time consuming to find this information from all of the various sources and compile it into one location. Seeing that all of this info is needed to be kept permanently for the life of our caches i thought it would be handy to have one reference document that display all of this info in one place and is customize-able per the individual. it is not meant to be the definitive list of parts as we all have different years and models but rather it is meant to be a single editable and customize-able document to help stream line and organize. Please let me know if you are willing to help me finalize the last details.
(yellow highlighted cells denote missing information)
Tom n Sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2017, 10:17 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Google Doc Version

I have created a public google doc version and posted the link below. i personally keep all my lists on google now for the convenience. this link should be accessible to everyone.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Old 11-21-2017, 11:46 AM   #3

I am a retired system engineer and also a former licensed A&P aircraft mechanic. Very impressive worksheet. Liked the fact that you included a list of reference materials and the hyperlinks for the lube-point diagrams. One suggestion ... I would add another worksheet for a record of your tires. Show brand, size/model number and DOT date and probably date of install for each tire. You can also show date of last balance and any repairs for flats or perhaps wheel alignment. Or you may want the wheel alignment info in one of the existing tabs.

This sheet might also be a good place to record info on your TPMS. Show brand, model, manufacturer's support number, date of install on each wheel, battery replacement record, etc.

Good Job!
jrwitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 11:50 AM   #4

One other idea. If you have your coach 4-point weight checked periodically, I would have that record included somewhere as well. Maybe with a pointer to the manufacture's tire pressure recommendations chart.
jrwitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 11:55 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Thanks J. R. I will definitely add a tire page that’s a great idea! I’ll get right to work at it
Old 11-21-2017, 12:00 PM   #6

Great spreadsheet and added comments about suggested improvements. It's nice to be able to piggy-back on someone elses hard work, rather than re-invent the wheel.

I love that about this forum. Lots of great adeas and people sharing things like this.
Logan Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 12:07 PM   #7

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Very nice work- its people like you in sharing their knowledge and experiences that makes this forum really great. Whereas; as a 5th owner the details don't work for me, the work and direction you're going is great.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 12:15 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I really like this approach to monitoring maintenance. Well done! It would be nice to embed functions that would show an alert when a maintenance item is due. It could reference both time and odometer.
2004 Jeep Liberty Limited - FMCA #343990
BHutting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 01:33 PM   #9

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHutting View Post
I really like this approach to monitoring maintenance. Well done! It would be nice to embed functions that would show an alert when a maintenance item is due. It could reference both time and odometer.
This wouldn’t be hard to do since Excel is very good at working with dates in formulas. Using conditional formatting a cell could flash yellow if a date is within 30 days of required maintenance or red when a date has passed. Mileage would be a little trickier since it would require a constant update of the odometer reading; still doable, though.

Additionally, it wouldn’t be hard to setup a data page with info for multiple engines and chassis. An owner would only have to pick a model from a drop down list to populate all of the data fields on the spreadsheet (using lookup).

For this (or any other spreadsheet) to have long term value it takes constant data input by the user.

Good job Tom N Sandra.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 01:49 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Blue View Post
This wouldn’t be hard to do since Excel is very good at working with dates in formulas. Using conditional formatting a cell could flash yellow if a date is within 30 days of required maintenance or red when a date has passed. Mileage would be a little trickier since it would require a constant update of the odometer reading; still doable, though.

Additionally, it wouldn’t be hard to setup a data page with info for multiple engines and chassis. An owner would only have to pick a model from a drop down list to populate all of the data fields on the spreadsheet (using lookup).

For this (or any other spreadsheet) to have long term value it takes constant data input by the user.

Good job Tom N Sandra.
My thought exactly.... The "Time" or "Calendar" data would be an automatic update, whereas the "Odometer" would be a manual input. This would be a great tool!
2004 Jeep Liberty Limited - FMCA #343990
BHutting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 08:06 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Work in Progress

Thank you for all the suggestions, i am definitely creating an additional sheet for tires and should have together shortly. as far as some of the more advanced suggestions this would be over my head. my intention here is to create a simple document that has all of this information in one place and is easily editable by users with different coaches. as a new owner i have found it very difficult to find all of this different information in many different locations and different formats so this is something to simplify the gathering and storing of all this info. in the future when a new owner asks for instance about the maintenance schedule or chassis lube we can just send him to this document and he can customize it for his permanent records.
Where i could really use some helpis in verifying the data that is in there:
1. do i have all of the spartan maintenance items?
2. is the chassis lube sheet accurate?
3. are there other reference sheets i should add links to?

please keep the suggestions coming and i will fine tune it and get an Excel as well as google version up shortly.
Old 11-21-2017, 09:05 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Updated With Tires

I have updated the attached workbook to add a sheet for tires. i have never personally managed a set of these tires so please feel free to make any suggestions to edit.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Old 11-22-2017, 05:03 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Nice Job Tom
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 06:41 AM   #14

Very nice spreadsheet. Thanks for sharing.

On the maintenance schedule did you list the hubs and differential? I might have missed it. Spartan recommends the hub oil baths and differential oil to be replaced every 12 months. Items often overlooked.

Thanks again.
737 Driver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
excel, maintenance