Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-12-2013, 10:35 AM   #1

Extend-a-stay

Has anyone hooked up a extend-a-stay to the propane tank on the Aspires yet? I think we will switch ours over from our Tiffin when we do the switch over.
HDrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-06-2013, 04:20 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Been watching to see if you got any responses on this - we haven't ever considered using one on ours. But I am curious to know why you would need it. Do you do a lot of boondocking? I didn't run into problems getting someone to fill our propane at a campground because of the type of tank mounted in the Aspires. Once the propane companies found out that it was a horizontal mount, they came right out.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:52 AM   #3

Yes,, we love to boondock. So that is one reason plus it gives the option to run a hose to a BBQ instead of buying the small containers all the time.
But the biggest thing is for IF you don't thing about filling up and you have one of those (OH DARN) moments you can just attach a small tank and be good.
To be honest we don't use the one we have on our current rig very often. It's more of the being prepared for whatever I guess.
Thanks for the response.
HDrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:31 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Our rig has a tee in the passenger side basement specifically for a grill or something similar.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:34 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobbersdad View Post
Our rig has a tee in the passenger side basement specifically for a grill or something similar.
Did you install it or was it factory installed? We've never looked, just have a small 5 lb. tank we carry for the grill.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:25 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgoldie View Post
Did you install it or was it factory installed? We've never looked, just have a small 5 lb. tank we carry for the grill.
My 2014 Aspire has the T factory installed. I have not tried it but I have seen it. I use the small bottles with the grill but a hose would be nice.

JJ
ShadowBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:52 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We recently used our extend a stay feature because we are locked in to our location until we retire in 2.5 weeks and it is getting cold so we had a 100# tank delivered to our site. We didn't want to go through the hassle of disconnecting stuff to get to the CG's LP site. For some reason the local LP dealer won't directly refill a MH with its trucks.

Our MH has a 32gal LP tank which translates to 25 useable (80% of capacity) or about 100# and we hardly use LP. To date we haven't done much propane grilling. Our MH doesn't have the passenger side outlet like the others have mentioned but we would like that and will probably install one. The extend a stay makes that possible.

I would think that the EAS may have been installed by Entegra to get the gas outlet on the passenger side. But...that is a guess.

So...unless you expect to do a LOT of grilling and need lots of LP for the furnace I wouldn't think it would be important unless you don't have and want the passenger side connection.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:15 AM   #8

Be aware that there are two distinctly different types of propane adapters available... (they are often misunderstood)!

One is the Extend-A-Flow type, which enables you to connect an appliance, (like a LP BBQ grill or LP lantern), to the RV's on board propane tank(s) and use the "on board" propane: Propane Tank Adapter - Extend a Flow Kit on Sale - PPL Motor Homes

The other is the Extend-A-Stay type which allows you to connect an outside propane tank/bottle to the RV's LP system for use by the RV's "LP fueled appliances": Extend A Stay Propane Adapter Kit on Sale - PPL Motor Homes

Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:24 AM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
My 2011 Insignia has a plug for EAS and I was told all Entegra's had it installed. I use a small 5# pancake tank because its easier.
mccsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:38 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by mel stuplich View Post
Be aware that there are two distinctly different types of propane adapters available... (they are often misunderstood)!

One is the Extend-A-Flow type, which enables you to connect an appliance, (like a LP BBQ grill or LP lantern), to the RV's on board propane tank(s) and use the "on board" propane: Propane Tank Adapter - Extend a Flow Kit on Sale - PPL Motor Homes

The other is the Extend-A-Stay type which allows you to connect an outside propane tank/bottle to the RV's LP system for use by the RV's "LP fueled appliances": Extend A Stay Propane Adapter Kit on Sale - PPL Motor Homes

Mel
'96 Safari
The extend a Stay can be used for two purposes.

First, if you run out of LP gas in your Motorhome propane Tank, then hook up the extend a stay to an outside LP/propane cylinder. This lets propane gas into your system from the outside cylinder allowing you to have continuous gas supply without having to move your RV and refill your permanent Propane Tank until you are ready to move.

Additionally, you can use lp gas from your Propane system to fuel high pressure appliances. You can fuel high pressure appliances like grills and camp stoves straight from your RVs permanent LP gas system

Mine has both.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
I installed the"deluxe" EAS a few years ago. It has both the fitting to attach a grill with an 8' hose and the fitting and hose to connect a standard bottle. The grill aspect is a no brainer and I like having the ability to have extra LP on hand. It's also working great this winter in AZ as we have no LP delivery where we are. So I just have the bottle filled when needed and keep the RV tank full for backup.
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:54 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccsix View Post
My 2011 Insignia has a plug for EAS and I was told all Entegra's had it installed. I use a small 5# pancake tank because its easier.
X2 on the 5# tank. The TS has the same passenger side LP connection, mine has a quick disconnect installed. However it is after the regulator so to use a BBQ grill the regulator has to be removed from the BBQ or the flame is not hot enough. I removed the regulator from my first grill, but it was a hassle to bend down to connect the hose each time, so I changed to the 5 lb bottle when I bought the Weber Baby Q.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 04:28 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Slightly off topic - we use a 20# for everyday use on the Weber with a 5# as back up. We've also got a leftover small green canister which we just haven't gotten rid of.

So far we've not even refilled the 20#er.