RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-07-2018, 07:24 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Extended warranty Good Sam vs NIRVC

I had GS extended warranty on my 09 Camelot, used it very little but had no problem with getting things paid. Our friends with a 15 CS love their NIRVC extended warranty so I took a close look when I got my Ď15 Aspire.

The NIRVC EW requires you to take your coach to NIRVC if you have a problem within 100 miles, and who wouldnít want to do that? But further than 100 miles you have to call the EW administrator (not NIRVC) and they tell you where to take it for repairs. You have no choice of when and where to take your coach. I take issue with that.

With GS, you can select the service center you want, as long as it is a official repair facility (ie no back yard mechanics). They then approve the repair and pay. I much prefer that.

The cost of both EW is about the same, but NIRVC requires up front payment for the entire 4 or more years, while the GS is pay as you go, ie can be cancelled. But the GS has a higher deductible. As a full timer, I am more then 100 miles from NIRVC most of the time so I selected GS.

My new to me 15 Aspire came with a lot of problems, some serious but between Spartan and NIRVC we got most of them worked out. And what wasnít covered by Spartan warranty was submitted by NIRVC to GS for payment, which was promptly allowed by GS.

Iím not saying one is better than the other, it is what you want and need. So if you need an EW study the terms to be sure you get what you really want.

Johnontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-07-2018, 09:50 AM   #2

We obtained an EW last July on our new-to-us 2015 Anthem from Camper's Edge. It was offered by NIRVC when we purchased the coach. So far, it has come in very handy. One microwave convection oven, 4 power shade motors, one AquaHot recirc pump, one dash video converter unit. None of this would have been covered under OEM warranty. I'm guessing +-$2K worth of work, all covered. Not saying EW's are the way to go. I really thought about it before purchasing. So far, it's worked out good for us with no push-back from EW company.

One thing to note though, when dealing with EW's, NIRVC has to examine the problem, take pictures, do a writeup and estimate, send it to the EW and wait several days for them to okay it. THEN and only then will NIRVC begin ordering parts and doing the work. Can't blame them, I guess. But it does take longer to get non-emergency items done.

Anthem15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 10:03 AM   #3

I know there are a lot of folks on this forum who have purchased an EW from NIRVC. Iím curious as to how many others have had the same experience as described above. Doesnít really sound like NIRVCs Customer oriented model!
MxChief66-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 08:18 PM   #4

I have theNIRVC EW and have had totally different results from above. I hAd Aqua Hot trouble at our winter space. EW folks visited with mobile tech, approved the work and paid him less deductible, all with no problem. Right now developed a bad ac and a dead tiiled(all yesterday) on my way home from a trip, will stop by NIRVC tomorrow evening and will post the outcome and my experience ASAP.
Old 05-08-2018, 08:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
I have theNIRVC EW and have had totally different results from above. I hAd Aqua Hot trouble at our winter space. EW folks visited with mobile tech, approved the work and paid him less deductible, all with no problem. Right now developed a bad ac and a dead tiiled(all yesterday) on my way home from a trip, will stop by NIRVC tomorrow evening and will post the outcome and my experience ASAP.

Thanks for the feedback Gene. Thatís pretty much the way Brett explained it!
MxChief66-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 04:42 PM   #6

Extended warranty Good Sam vs NIRVC

Promised to post my results of my trip to NIRVC for EW coverage. Number 2 AC was throwing a breaker. The techs called EW company and pulled the cover yesterday morning and determined AC was bad. Reported back to company and was told they wanted an inspector to check it out. He arrived just after noon, checked it out, took pictures of the coach build plate and agreed it needed to be replaced. NIRVC acquired a new unit and installed it this morning and we are good to go! Total of repair order $1927.99, my cost $0.00. The policy has a $100 deductible but if you buy it from NIRVC they absorb the deductible if they perform the work. I could have taken it to a dealer or independent tech of my choice and paid the deductible, all the EW company requires is the tech to call them to open a ticket and they agree to diagnosis time, then upon report, consult and approve the solution. As I understand it, if you use a mobile service they will even pay him immediately with a credit card. As many of you know, this is the first EW I ever bought but this was a great and painless experience. This is not speculation but an actual account of my experience the last day and a half. A huge thank you to Warrentech (EW company) and NIRVC Lewisville for a great, quick job to get me fixed up and back on the road.

Also, if you decide to trade or sell the coach or just decide you made a mistake and donít want EW coverage you can cancel at any time and get a full prorated refund for all the time remaining on your contract.

JMHO and experience.
Old 05-12-2018, 10:33 AM   #7

Similar experiences to Ann and Gene, so far. Very happy with NIRVC and the EW.
Anthem15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 05:38 PM   #8

who is the underwriter on the NIRVC policy?
ghaynes754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 08:53 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghaynes754 View Post
who is the underwriter on the NIRVC policy?

Warrentech, the largest vehicle warranty company in the world. I think the actually provide the original warranty on GM vehicles. All JMHO

Tags
extended warranty, warranty