Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-09-2018, 04:26 AM   #1

factory satellite wiring?

I'm running into problems getting my hopper3 to work in the new coach, am wondering if anyone can confirm exactly how the factory wired the trav'ler?

I'm assuming there are 2 coax cables, one directly to the front entertainment center, the second straight to the bedroom cabinet (with no connections, hubs, or switches in between)

Is this correct?

I've posted this http://www.irv2.com/forums/f53/hoppe...er-378182.html and would appreciate any help.
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2018, 04:40 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Other posts on how they did it. Several other posts in the search bar.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/dish...ml#post3814111

https://rvseniormoments.com/tech-doc...egard-travler/
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 05:07 AM   #3

I have searched and read all those posts, and will watch my post in technology run it's course.

My question here though, strictly involves Entegra's wiring. I have 2 cable ports labelled "fold down dish to sat receiver", one up front and one in the bedroom.
I have not looked behind the windshield TV or the outside TV yet. My documentation makes no mention at all of any of this wiring.

For my hopper 3 to work, I need a direct cable run from port 1 of the trav'ler to the hopper3. Do I have one?
Old 02-09-2018, 05:43 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The Traveler is a SWM (single wire multiswitch) device so there is one coax coming from the Traveler to an input on the SWM splitter. All of the coax cables to various TV locations in your coach should come off the splitter outputs.
Old 02-09-2018, 06:00 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneknight View Post
I have searched and read all those posts, and will watch my post in technology run it's course.

My question here though, strictly involves Entegra's wiring. I have 2 cable ports labelled "fold down dish to sat receiver", one up front and one in the bedroom.
I have not looked behind the windshield TV or the outside TV yet. My documentation makes no mention at all of any of this wiring.

For my hopper 3 to work, I need a direct cable run from port 1 of the trav'ler to the hopper3. Do I have one?
I thought this is what you were asking about. It is what they had to do with cables and swithes etc for a Hooper 3 to work. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/dish...ml#post3814128 The posts were from actual users and what the did to get the hopper to work, all from the Entegra forum
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 06:02 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Traveler Wiring

This is what was provided by Entegra when we installed ours. It worked perfectly. Everything was labeled as per the drawing.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Satellite wiring.pdf (229.8 KB, 305 views)
File Type: pdf Installation instrutions.pdf (684.4 KB, 248 views)
Old 02-09-2018, 06:54 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose67 View Post
This is what was provided by Entegra when we installed ours. It worked perfectly. Everything was labeled as per the drawing.
Perfect Jose, thanks!

3 cables, #1 goes to the bedroom.
Guess I'll be back on the roof...
Old 02-09-2018, 06:54 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sorry, my info was related to how it works for Direct TV. It appears that DISH is more complicated/special.
Old 02-09-2018, 12:51 PM   #9

Yea!!!

We have success! I used my cable sniffers to verify which is which, and ensure that the cable in the main entertainment center is connected to port 1 on the DPH LNB.
Put the hopper3 back in, ran a check switch, and Boom, 16 tuners no waiting!

Thanks all who replied, especially Jose, your diagram did the trick for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180209_144257762.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	246.0 KB
ID:	191703  
Old 02-09-2018, 08:30 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneknight View Post
Yea!!!

We have success! I used my cable sniffers to verify which is which, and ensure that the cable in the main entertainment center is connected to port 1 on the DPH LNB.
Put the hopper3 back in, ran a check switch, and Boom, 16 tuners no waiting!

Thanks all who replied, especially Jose, your diagram did the trick for me.
Congrats! Not sure if you scanned for satellites after you connected the Hopper 3, but next time you do you are like to get "NO LNB Voltage" error on the Winegard box. I had to put an A/B switch in the coax before the Hopper and disconnect the Hopper while searching for satellites. After it finds everything flip the switch and you are good to go.

Apparently there is a conflict with the Hopper 3 and whatever satellite scanning hardware the Winegard uses.

It sounds like you have already replaced your DPP LNB on the Winegard with a DPH, but the other solution to the issue is to keep the DPP LNB and use a DPH42.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satellite, wiring