Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2016, 09:41 PM   #1

Fall has finally arrived in the Deep South

I know that this has little to do with Entegra, but I am delighted to let everyone know that fall has finally arrived here in Southern Mississippi (Hattiesburg). Tonight the night temperature will be in the mid to upper 50s.... WOW !!! Daytime temps in the mid 80s and night time temps at ~57. And the humidity is low. YAHOO!! its actually slightly cool tonight. NO AC running.

Sorry for being off topic, but it has been a very long, very hot summer.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2016, 10:31 PM   #2
gjw

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I'm looking to winter over in GulfPort area - what are you projecting for that area?

Also, not much better here - near the Mothership - rainy, cold, overcast - 59 degrees...
2020 Chevy Equinox Premier 2.0T 2LZ FWD
gjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 10:36 PM   #3
gjw

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjw View Post
I'm looking to winter over in GulfPort area - what are you projecting for that area?

Also, not much better here - near the Mothership - rainy, cold, overcast - 59 degrees...
Side note - Met a couple here in Elkhart, IN - they have a 2016 Aspire - they didn't even know what PDI was/stood for - go figure....
2020 Chevy Equinox Premier 2.0T 2LZ FWD
gjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 01:32 AM   #4

49 here in N. Georgia Mts this AM. Nice indeed this early fall weather in the
deep south......
wolfcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 04:59 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
I know that this has little to do with Entegra, but I am delighted to let everyone know that fall has finally arrived here in Southern Mississippi (Hattiesburg). Tonight the night temperature will be in the mid to upper 50s.... WOW !!! Daytime temps in the mid 80s and night time temps at ~57. And the humidity is low. YAHOO!! its actually slightly cool tonight. NO AC running.

Sorry for being off topic, but it has been a very long, very hot summer.

Gary
Brought it with us from the North country!
Misty123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 05:37 AM   #6

Greg

Well it is morning and the temp outside is 60 so it didnt get as cold last night as they predicted, but I found the remote control for the fireplace heater on this 44B and fired it up for the first time since last winter. So it IS a red letter day in Mississippi. DW also had the blanket pulled up for the first time this year last night and both cats were in bed with us to keep warm.

Well, I lived 30 years in Mississippi and another 13 in Shreveport, LA (which is noticeably colder than Southern Mississippi). I used to say that winter came December 15th +/- 3 days in Hattiesburg (70 miles north of the Gulf). Winter lasted until January 15-Feb 1. More rain, and cooler temps. Now a light jacket was (remember a London Fog finger tip length lined jacket?)(now its Lands End Squall Jacket) enough for almost every day. Virtually not 3 inches of snow accumulation over 30 years. But we might get 3 or 4 nights with temp down into the mid 20s and maybe one night in the upper teens. The Gulf Coast is milder by a little.

Shreveport is noticeable colder, rainier, and generally "nastier" (wet cold) all winter. Begins early December and lasts until Mid-February. NW Louisiana has Dallas type weather most of the year. It can get much colder, much rainier, and there is more snow, and ice storms in January are common. It is bad enough that now that I am getting older, we head somewhere else rather than put up with Shreveport's cold and nasty weather. Maybe compared to up North or Canada, this is nothing at all, but it is cold enough for us to leave.

This morning, and this whole week, is a delight!

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 03:02 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Same here in the DFW area Gary. We have been staying at The Vineyards in Grapevine for a over a week, and the cooler weather this week was welcome here. It is very nice here this week, and the weekend looks great. Hopefully were done with the 90's until next year.
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote