Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-27-2014, 06:30 AM   #1

Feed Back plz...

Looking for feed back on single bath vs. bath 1/2. Original thought process for Dw was bath1/2 was a must have. Im curious to know if any of you thru past experience have an opinion on this. Anthem 44b is our only choice as Dw is not happy with w/d midships (and loss of pantry to w/d). Having plans to live in our coach for some time i dont like being forced into a floor plan. She is beginning to see this also so any input would be great ...

On a completely different subject.. I will wear my newbie coat on this one.. Leveling....
On entegra.. Do the jacks provide the coach "leveling" as well as stabilization? I notice Cornerstone also has "Hadley Air Leveling" i could use some understanding of this procedure as I'm unsure if i need extra leveling equipment or not. I'm assuming jack pads are good as I'm a return the site better than i found it kinda guy.. Thanx
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2014, 06:51 AM   #2

Robert & Jana,

We have the RBQ bath & 1/2 and in our experience, the bath and a half is needed as lots of times, we are on the same schedule ;o) plus is a spare in case one has an issue or if family visits. Its all personal preference though. We too, looked at the 44B and really like it but for us, the w/d over the toilet didn't sit well with us. In the RBQ, we take the clothes and fold them on the bed but again, only you will know what is best for your lifestyle. The extra pantry is always nice but its also how you find solutions for those types of issues. We have found its not a real issue for us as I.

All three models have the same hydraulic leveling system, however, the CS also has the Hadley system which you can level with air without needing jacks. I believe the CS will auto level while driving too is my understanding at the factory tour. The hydraulic leveling system also provides stability so press the button and you are good. Jack pads are good if the place you are requires them or for us, at home so I don't mark up my drive way.

Choosing the right floor plan can be a real task, it took us a while as we did our research.
Finally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:10 AM   #3

Finaly ... Thanx for the input... I to have a bit of issue with w/d over toilet.. Will work on her..
Old 08-27-2014, 07:12 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
First, not all mid-baths have the w/d in the mid-coach. Anthem DEQ and Cornerstone 45J have the w/d in the rear. For full timing, we found the single bath met our needs more, not because of the bath, but because it allows for more living space, particularly in the CS 45J. We were not enamored with the 44B/45B in the Aspire/Anthem and the CS, respectively, because you lost the three feet that the lounge chair fit into the living area from its heritage coach, the DEQ. As to pantry, our 45J has a larger pantry than the mid-coach bath DEQ.

Floor plans seem to never be exactly right. You can look at them on a picture, but we found that you just need to sit in one for a while and think about how you would live in it. That's what we did after chasing the sales folks off. We did it with different models and different brand coaches. In the end, you make trades and compromise. I'm sure there are coaches that are perfect for a few people and how they live in their coach. But for most, compromising one thing for another is inevitable. Seems most lean towards what satisfies DW.

JMHO, its her "house". Her vote counts more, when it comes to the house if you want to be successful full timing.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:36 AM   #5

Yes DSL417....spending time in all the different models is exactly what we are doing now. Orlando RV has gone above and beyond to accommodate us and I'm certain we passed "annoying" long ago. Yesterday we spent 5 hours just sitting and imagining in various coaches. It was a worthwhile exercise as Dw is able to see the bigger picture now and questioning some of her and mine earlier decisions. ( also the reason for this post) On a side note.. Yes we understand Dealers are in the business of selling and most will do what ever it takes to get your sale. Orlando Rv has been has been IMO superb in not pressuring us and allowing as much time on their lot as we need. They have used this approach since day one. We have become well known on the lot to the point most if not all Sales ppl know we have a Salesman and they don't try to steal a sale.. I like that.
Downside to all this?
Dw fell asleep in a 2015 Cornerstone CP seat. While this was great for her and afforded me time to scour the exterior un interrupted... She informed me on the walk home( we are 50 yrds from the lot) she wants a cornerstone now😥😥 back to the drawing board ...tbt..after crunching phantom numbers... Ill need to sit down with Robin again... I like the upgraded chassis and extra horsepower.. It seems we will need or want it eventually. Im a firm believer in its better to have it and not need it than to not have it and need it... As always .. Thanks for the input

Not certain but i did see a lovely anthem ( looked like older model) being prepped... Could it be?
Old 08-27-2014, 07:46 AM   #6

We travel with adolescent kids, and my wife felt the need for privacy. 'Nuff said.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:46 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Nope...not mine...mine went to Des Moines...heard yesterday it might be sold.

RVOne is good and getting better.

I think I saw in another thread that it isn't the money for you, so if DW likes a Cornerstone floor plan, go for it. As others have said, Anthem is a great coach and we loved ours, but we really like our new CS and wouldn't shed tears over a few more dollars. looking at the grass from the right side and not particularly enamored in not giving the kids the opportunity to make their own fortune in the world.

Good luck in your search.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:50 AM   #8

Hahaa yes... Unfortunately.. No human kids for us.. Not in the cards. Just us and our rescues. While money is a semi non issue for us. Im beginning to see the value of spending a bit more to get it right the first time. Over the long haul it will pay off. Janas happiness will ensure mine.... win/win
Old 08-27-2014, 09:37 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
We originally were planning on a bath & 1/2, but after spending a lot of time looking and thinking ended up with a 42 DLQ. Perfect for us and love the much larger salon area. The full bath in the rear is nice, but really, how much time do you spend in the full bath vs the salon? That seemed like wasted space for us. The DLQ also has the W&D in the rear and dual vanity sinks which is nice.

We travel with six (6! ) dogs and removed the passenger side small couch to put in crates for traveling. Plenty of room for the eight of us
Jersimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:41 AM   #10

Coming from a bath and a half to a single we soon realized what we thought was wasted space was not.. In the morning we both get up and its a fight to who gets it first.. Also after a visit to an unsavory restaurant the mad dash begins. I have gotten good at doing a Tonya Harding on the B&C to get to it first, but there is the rare time people in the RV park have stared at me as I ran across the park in weird positions to get to the bath house..
Incognito. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:36 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Robert, everyone is going to have a preference and why. I will share our choice and why we made it. We came from a 38 ft Travel Supreme that was a single bath and the W/D mid-ship, but did not stick out as far as the ones in our RBQ. We spent 2 days solid looking at all of the floor plans available at LD, we even sat in the coaches long enough to watch some TV to experience the comfort factor of each floor plan. We went during the week when there was no crowds.

Our #1 reason for upgrading was the 1.5 bath and don't regret that a bit. I now have everything where I left it! and not moved for a new bottle of whatever. The 1/2 bath is ALL mine and I can shave in peace

We travel through the fall seasons and the DW would not give up a full closet...no way she was going to the basement to find a coat because a morning turned cold. She is also a clothes junkie and packs way more than needed, but I haven't been able to change that in 10 years so I quit trying.....full closet it is.

That left the W/D mid-ship, not my favorite, but doable and we were kind of use to it. We also like the number of windows in the RBQ type salon vs some of the other floor plans.

For the pantry I added more shelves to both sides and that really helped. We also have large drawers under the booth dinette that we didn't have with our table and chairs...DW loves that.

As for the jacks, yes on stabilization. I have rarely had to use jack pads in the number of years we have traveled, but do carry them. That is one nice feature of the Equalizers, they have a big foot print to distribute the weight leaving no damage like smaller footprint jacks do. I use plywood squares in my driveway for rust protection.

Is ours the perfect floor plan....no, I would like the W/D in a slide, but it works OK for our needs and we were use to it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-06-27 10.10.32.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	72143  
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:55 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
We have the RBQ pre pantry style. I wouldn't trade the bath and a half for a pantry - nor would I give up the closet space to move the W/D to the back. We traded the loveseat for a desk with euro lounger. Even traveling with our four dogs we have plenty of space. BTW - loved hearing that someone out there actually travels with more furchildren than we do!
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:57 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRDefector View Post
Hahaa yes... Unfortunately.. No human kids for us.. Not in the cards. Just us and our rescues. While money is a semi non issue for us. Im beginning to see the value of spending a bit more to get it right the first time. Over the long haul it will pay off. Janas happiness will ensure mine.... win/win
I think that FT use generally demands buying more than you THOUGHT you would need/want because you can't have what you don't have. Now, folks with years of experience might be able to see the potential ups and downs of any floor plan better than newer folks. I keep learning something every day such as the advantage of W/D in the bedroom to lay clothes out on while pulling them out of the dryer and why dinettes should be on the patio side. Sometimes it is these little things that all add up.

If the money factor was/is not a limiting factor I certainly would look at the CS if I were in the EC line. It is a great coach with a value to match. Of course, that still assumes you find the floor plan that delivers all you THOUGHT you wanted and maybe a tad more.

A little extra money now can pay dividends in long term happiness and avoid unneeded losses of trading up to where you could be if you just sucked it up. Good Luck!
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 12:30 PM   #14

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You are traveling,, As a result less you bring bottled water you will be drinking strange water.. And this often leads to a sudden urge to.. Shall we say visit the little room.

Bath and a half = Two Holes, NO waiting.