Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-09-2014, 07:37 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
I have enjoyed researching your questions, I leaned a few things about my AH. I found the answer regarding the low fluid cutoff...it does have one.

Low Tank-Level Cutoff Indicator Light
This indicator light will illuminate RED when either the 120
Volt-AC electric heating element and/or diesel-burner have
automatically shut down due to a low antifreeze and water
heating solution level inside the Aqua-Hot’s boiler tank.
This fault will automatically reset when the low level condition
is corrected.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-09-2014, 08:00 PM   #16

Chuck,
My hats off to you. Very nice of you to dig deep into available manuals and provide your findings to our group.

Peter Collins
pallencollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 08:07 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks Peter, I am learning along with everyone else. Some of the manuals I have not read as much as I should have and this gives me the reason.
Old 11-09-2014, 10:01 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Welcome to the forum and to Entegra. You always have CS available 24X7 with Entegra at 574-361-0034.

That said, pink is a bit of a surprise. You don't say who your dealership is and I suppose if it is not high volume dealership, it is possible that the dealership used pink boiler fluid. If that is the case, you can get pink at Camping World and other places. If it is pink, just need to mix the concentrate 50-50 and fill to the cold line.

If it is a high volume dealership, I'd hold off turning on till you can find out what they did after de-winterizing. JMHO, but I'd do a quick call with the above number and have a discussion. Better safe than sorry.
When purchasing the pink RV Antifreeze, make sure you are NOT buying the type used for winterizing water systems. It does not have the anti corrosion additives and does not provide the proper heat exchange capabilities, You need to buy a "boiler" type fluid. Aqua Hot specifically warns about its use. I have never seen it at Camping World although they make have it.
Crippsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:24 AM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Camping World does carry the pink boiler fluid in both concentrate (12 oz I think) and gallon bottles, at least the ones Inhale been in (and bought some). Just have to make sure that the bottle has "boiler" on the outside because it WILL be side by side with the other Ralph mentions.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:31 AM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Camping World does carry the pink boiler fluid in both concentrate (12 oz I think) and gallon bottles, at least the ones Inhale been in (and bought some). Just have to make sure that the bottle has "boiler" on the outside because it WILL be side by side with the other Ralph mentions.
On our recent cross country trip, all the Camco concentrate I saw in various CW's was in a 32 oz. jug. That jug added to two equal parts of distilled water yielded a -50F mix. The best place I have found for the gallons of Camco concentrated boiler stuff was at any of the full service RV dealers who were authorized Aqua Hot service centers. I got 5 gallons of that at Tom Johnson's, at about $13 per gallon, when I did a complete flush and refill of my AH.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:16 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Thank you everyone for all your help . i called Aqua Hot they said Century Transfer Fluid, Double checked with Entegra they said the same ,Amazon is 3-5 wks out for shipping called Steve Murphy at Flemings Sales he is shipping it out Today, Not sure why its so hard to find or buy? Flemings ` Steve Murphy 574-276-2000
Ontour1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 09:52 AM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontour1 View Post
Not sure why its so hard to find or buy? Flemings ` Steve Murphy 574-276-2000
It's new on the market and only the MH manufactures are using it currently.
Old 11-10-2014, 04:11 PM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Thank you everyone for all your help . i called Aqua Hot they said Century Transfer Fluid, Double checked with Entegra they said the same ,Amazon is 3-5 wks out for shipping called Steve Murphy at Flemings Sales he is shipping it out Today, Not sure why its so hard to find or buy? Flemings ` Steve Murphy 574-276-2000
Did you find any reason to why the tank went empty? Did anyone say maybe why you lost the level? Still........wondering........
Old 11-10-2014, 06:05 PM   #24

In my discussions with Aqua Hot the tech told me that the low level switch is about two inches down in the tank and yes it will shut off the unit. Also Aqua Hot also sells the green stuff. Good price also. When I inquired as why not to mix the pink/green I was told that they each have their own rust inhibitors. Not sure what this would do but also said that mixing would make the fluid turn to a brown color.
From what I have been able to find out Entegra switched to the green stuff so that if you have a leak around the Aqua Hot you will be able to tell if it is Aqua Hot GREEN or Engine PINK/RED
Ed
Old 11-22-2014, 09:14 AM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
I'm guessing they didn't completely fill it because we ended up adding a gallon of Century Transfer fluid to bring it up to level.
Ontour1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 09:12 PM   #26

Quote:

I ordered 5 gallons from Amazon at $25 per and free shipping. Got it in 2 days. 😀😀 reason we needed that much AH had two lines kinked and when corrected it actually only took 3 gallons. We now have 2 spare😀
Dawg44b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 05:25 AM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
Filling boiler antifreeze in Aqua hot system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg44b View Post
I ordered 5 gallons from Amazon at $25 per and free shipping. Got it in 2 days. 😀😀 reason we needed that much AH had two lines kinked and when corrected it actually only took 3 gallons. We now have 2 spare😀

The additional 3 gallons required seems to indicate that Entegra does not perform adequate Quality Control checks on the AH before delivery.

I hope that is not true.

I wonder what procedure the factory uses to ensure the AH functions correctly prior to shipping a coach to a dealer?

Curt

Sent from my iPhone 6
Curtisgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 06:26 AM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
In addition Curt, Entegra pays the dealers to do a PDI on each coach before delivery to the customer. I think we know what happens with that. At least with my delivery.