Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-08-2019, 08:40 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfridge View Post
On my friends 2017 Anthem they are Drivers side 1st compartment behind wheel(behind a Velcro attached cover). Also he did not get a remote on his coach and he bought new
X2 on the 2017 I had, there should be two white wire antennas hanging out of that Velcro panel.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-08-2019, 10:31 AM   #30

On my 15, the controllers were pale white and they were called turtles because they had a rounded plastic shell that looked like turtles' shell. On my 19 Cornerstone, the controller are on the driver side and are cream rectangles with little wires hanging out of them near the back top of that first Compartment in front of the tires. mine I think are stuck on a compartment maybe with Velcro. You pretty much have to have the controllers as that is what also ties into the VegaTouch system.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 06:10 AM   #31

Found them exactly where you guys said! Driver's side, first storage compartment behind the steer tire behind a carpeted panel secured with velcro. Two white plastic boxes. No antenna wires of any kind sticking out of them or anywhere else in that hidden compartment. I am now beginning to wonder if my coach actually came with a remote control. Seems crazy that the only place you can control them is on the Vegatouch panel...

I don't want to waste money on a buying a remote if it can't be programmed to control the awnings...
Old 11-09-2019, 07:27 AM   #32

I didnt know they could come that way, but if the only control is a wired control from the VegaTouch, then you might be right. My controllers on the Anthem had the wires hanging, and I am going to have to look carefully to see if the rectangular controllers continue to have the wire. I had to fuss with one of them as one of the wires was loose and coming out of the screw down terminal connection where it was supposed to be secure, but I dont remember whether it has hanging wires or not. The old one definitely did as the factory installer often had it hidden behind a Spartan wiring panel and it made the reception of the signal from the remote inconsistent, and you had to loosen the Spartan panel and pull out the wire to expose it or the remote did not work from anywhere except right out side of that compartment.

Still, it doesnt make a lot of sense that they would change all that just for an owner that asked for the front passenger compartment to remain clear (no refrig, no remote).

I would think that Entegra customer service should have all of that noted in a computer file that governed the build of that coach... Have you called them and asked them if that information is in the file for that VIN and see what they say? If they never installed all of that, even down to not having antenna wires, I would think that would have to be noted in the build specs.

Gary
Old 11-09-2019, 07:46 AM   #33

I asked Nate at Entegra for a part number for the remote. He gave me a part number for an 18 remote, but said the 17's should be the same. I guess I will have him dig deeper into how this coach was built. A few others replied that their 17s did not have a remote from the factory. Maybe some early build 17s just didn't have an awning remote. Below is a picture of the motor controllers that were hidden behind the velcroed panel on the driver's side storage area...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Awning Controllers.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	279.5 KB
ID:	266334  
Old 11-09-2019, 08:00 AM   #34

An owner requested mod has to be approved by a committee of build people at the factory and I would think would have to be part of the official build sheet process. You see a copy of any approved modifications sitting right on the coach as it comes down the line, and the tech that builds each section looks at that sheet before he/she starts work on their "section". It sure seems like it would have to be in the computer.

Now, they do make some changes in the middle of a model year. I ordered my Anthem late in the year and was told that it would come with some of the 2016 changes already in my 2015 so there were clear differences between my 2015 and someone who bought an early model 2015.

Now, my only recommendation is that you make sure the DW or copilot or someone is outside when you run the awnings in and out. I find them much more flimsy than I would like, and banging them into some unexpected object (tree limb) or the awning simply getting hung up for some random reason would quickly strip gears or bends arms and rods..... I watch mine closely as they come in and out, and blindly pushing "buttons" inside the coach would give me the "creeps" and worse, a huge repair bill... your results may vary.

Gary
Old 11-10-2019, 06:12 AM   #35

Thanks Gary. I have sent a picture of my awning controllers to Entegra and will wait for their response before I order the remote.

Meanwhile, next newbie question. The xcite radio. I am not able to turn off the radio using the volume knob. Pressing it does nothing. The only way I can turn on and off my radio is to turn my key to accessory and pull in on the top left steering wheel control. I've been reading through some of my documentation, and it looks like I should be able to turn the radio on and off with the knob on the radio itself.
Old 11-10-2019, 06:52 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1atom12 View Post
Thanks Gary. I have sent a picture of my awning controllers to Entegra and will wait for their response before I order the remote.

Meanwhile, next newbie question. The xcite radio. I am not able to turn off the radio using the volume knob. Pressing it does nothing. The only way I can turn on and off my radio is to turn my key to accessory and pull in on the top left steering wheel control. I've been reading through some of my documentation, and it looks like I should be able to turn the radio on and off with the knob on the radio itself.
Pull the knob off and put something in the hole where the shaft goes. Piece of paper, anything to take up some of the depth. They made the hole too deep and the knob hits before it pushes the shaft far enough to shut down the radio.
Old 11-14-2019, 03:24 PM   #37

Congratulations! We are also looking at Entegra coaches. Where did you buy yours? Dealership or private party?
jacdehunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 04:07 PM   #38

National Indoor RV Center Atlanta. NIRVC is awesome to deal with before, during and after the sale. They currently have 4 locations across the country. Highly recommended.

Adam
Old 11-14-2019, 04:18 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1atom12 View Post
National Indoor RV Center Atlanta. NIRVC is awesome to deal with before, during and after the sale. They currently have 4 locations across the country. Highly recommended.

Adam
Did you get the radio where you can turn it on and off?
Old 11-14-2019, 06:29 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
Did you get the radio where you can turn it on and off?
Not yet. Coach is back at NIRVC getting the small items found during the walkthrough fixed as well as a full chassis and generator service. The ceiling feature light in the living room wasn’t lighting up under the frosted glass, small stain on the passenger seat leather to be fixed and a few other small items. I did get the fireplace installed as well as the Dometic freezer put in last week while we had it in the driveway. TST flow through TPMS also installed last week. I haven’t ordered the awning remote yet as I want to verify the wireless modules are installed behind the black plastic panel above the entry door. Entegra sent instructions on how to program it to those modules. Apparently they did not include a remote for the awnings in 2017 because they added Vegatouch. I guess they realized pretty quick that customers still wanted the remote control even if they had Vegatouch.

Oh, we are also getting Rettrobands installed on the steer tires. We are newbies and still worry about things like blowouts. I know it’s probably a waste of money, but it will give us piece of mind in case the worst happens.

Adam
1atom12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 06:48 PM   #41

Adam

If you didnt get the Rettrobands installed, you would still be worrying about front tire blowouts as a 5 year motorcoach veteran. You are making a very smart decision IMO.

Gary
Old 11-15-2019, 05:27 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Adam

If you didnt get the Rettrobands installed, you would still be worrying about front tire blowouts as a 5 year motorcoach veteran. You are making a very smart decision IMO.

Gary
X2 and I’ve been at it for 15 yrs.

Tags
entegra